X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
    I don't know where that number came from, and no, I won't confirm any numbers. Except that that is incorrect.
    It comes from the official Alan Wake FAQ

::

"How much has it cost so far to develop Alan Wake?

The game's production costs have exceeded 7 million dollars. Remedy was financing the production itself for a couple of years until Microsoft Game Studios came in with its vast resources. The game's final budget is a business secret."

::

Fix it or leave it is the only choice given (c) Max Payne

Comment

Ancient: "costs have exceeded 7 million" - note the bolded part.

Comment

Should we argue about semantics?

Logically it's fully correct. The equivalently correct statement would be: "the costs have exceeded 1 dollar"

But in reality it's the number that sticks in readers' minds and confuses them.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that figure was the development cost before the agreement with Microsoft was announced, so around the 1-2 year mark.
          In other words, $7M were the costs of Alan Wake when Remedy began production without any publisher assistance.

These days, some games are approaching blockbuster movie budgets - I think Gears of War was $100M or so.
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Is everything in the FAQ still correct and current or do you guys need to update it?
            AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
              Is everything in the FAQ still correct and current or do you guys need to update it?
              I had a read through it the other day, it still looks pretty good to me.
              More detailed questions are meant for proper interviews and IRC chats *hint hint*
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

That's the plan.
                AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Just a simple question:

What are your most anticipated game of 2010 (besides Alan Wake)?

Comment

Personally I have two for this year. Supreme Commander 2 (PC) and GT5 (PS3). Both day1 buys, although I need to buy a PS3 for GT5.

Comment

No Heavy Rain? :O I am surprised.
                      <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

I'd like to ask Markus, Mika and Mikki's biography to include it to my article, so I can introduce you guys in a proper way, since you guys participated in this interview.

Can you send me some bios of urs ?

Thanks
                        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis View Post
                          Just a simple question:

What are your most anticipated game of 2010 (besides Alan Wake)?
                          Behemoth's new platformer game, Supreme Commander 2 (we spent many evenings with the first one at the office), Aliens vs Predator, Metro 2033. Oh, and it's always nice to get a new S.T..A.L:k.E-;R:-,... game since I've been there for real.

I know I should be excited about Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 since I loved the first parts but somehow I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by anttitRMD View Post
                            I know I should be excited about Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 since I loved the first parts but somehow I'm not.
                            Believe™ Oh, magus

That's the trick with story-driven games. You can't really hype about them convincingly without spoiling the actual story… So they concentrate on what is transparent and visible on the surface - action & co.

...reminds me Alan Wake's situation

Comment

A question only to the writers(Sam Lake and MikkiRMD).

Since you're writers, I'd like to ask you a question for suggestions, in order to help me further my writing skills and write a good book. I want to bring back the horror games via my real nightmarish dreams(some peeps said what I said were like Lovecraft's Call of Cthulu).

So here's my question.

Do you have something in mind that will help me getting better and further my writing skill ?

You can find a sample of my writing skills in the Alan Wake Inspiration thread.

Thanks

P.S. I'd have to let you know that those nightmares, that I admit that I like, are influences from Silent Hill games, Hellraiser Movie series and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
                              The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Greetings!
                                My question is not primarily directed to anyone specific but rather more as a general inquiry about the company.

Do you take interns or apprentices?
                                I am gaming enthusiast with no prior experience from the field but trying to get a foothold from the industry.

Is there anyone currently employed who had no previous experience or contacts from the industry?

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood gamer
                                Milo

Comment

Working...
                                X