X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask Remedy...

I answered a few of your questions.

3. We're at about 40 now.

4. Lot of the guys have worked together for 10+ years so friendships do happen... So yeah, quite often.

7. Left one.

8. Yes.

10. There used to be a 8-person jacuzzi in our sauna department, but it was 'rotten' and couldn't fit a replacement in through any of the doors. Plus it could've been a bit out of place in our company

12. I did suggest two, Luke Sleepwalker and Michael Night (a shadowy flight to the dangerous world of a man who .. does not sleep) early on but they didn't catch for some odd reason. The reaction was more like

Comment

Haha Luke Sleepwalker. Though I really do think Michael Night could work.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
        I answered a few of your questions.

12. I did suggest two, Luke Sleepwalker and Michael Night (a shadowy flight to the dangerous world of a man who .. does not sleep) early on but they didn't catch for some odd reason. The reaction was more like

Those names don't even sound that bad;I could come up with much worse suggestions

Comment

Just to be sure as sarcasm and jokes don't always translate well to text - they were not serious suggestions

Comment

Yeah, I know I was just joking >_<
            Besides I think that Alan Wake is just the proper name for the game.

Comment

How about Flash Light Man?

I know, it rocks right?!?! So...how soon do you guys want me to start work? How's Monday? Oh...and will there be any sort of insurance? Company car too? *wink wink*

Comment

My question is about Death Rally. I would like to know who owns rights of that game ? Back in the days the publisher was Apogee but no it's merged with EA. So does EA own the rights or Remedy ?

And is there any chance to get Death Rally in gog.com/steam like service ?

Comment

MidiSurf; Remedy owns the rights. Personally I think that would be a fun project, but we are now focusing 100% on AW.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                    MidiSurf; Remedy owns the rights. Personally I think that would be a fun project, but we are now focusing 100% on AW.
                    And what about the film rights for Alan Wake and MP2? Aren't Microsoft and Rockstar the ones who get to decide what they want to do with the film rights? Could you explain to us how that works?
                    Last edited by kris; 03-03-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
                      And what about the film rights for Alan Wake and MP2? Aren't Microsoft and Rockstar the ones who get to decide what they want to do with the film rights? Could you explain to us how that works?
                      Take Two (Rockstar) owns the film rights to Max Payne (1 and 2). I'm sure the film rights for Alan Wake still reside with Remedy and that they haven't thought of anything relating to that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                        Take Two (Rockstar) owns the film rights to Max Payne (1 and 2). I'm sure the film rights for Alan Wake still reside with Remedy and that they haven't thought of anything relating to that yet.
                        Wait, let me get this straight. Remedy sold the film rights for both MP1 & MP2 to Rockstar? And they in turn sold the rights to 20th Century Fox? Did they sell the rights for MP2 as well?

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but this article says that Rockstar did not want the film to be made. But why sell the rights for the film and not want the film made? Strange...

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
                          Wait, let me get this straight. Remedy sold the film rights for both MP1 & MP2 to Rockstar? And they in turn sold the rights to 20th Century Fox? Did they sell the rights for MP2 as well?

I don't know if there is any truth to this, but this article says that Rockstar did not want the film to be made. But why sell the rights for the film and not want the film made? Strange...
                          Not too sure about that honestly. All I know is that Remedy sold the rights to the whole Max Payne franchise (including film rights) to Take 2. Whatever happened beyond that point I have no idea.

Comment

I don't know how 20th Century Fox got hold of the rights, but bear in mind that the film was going nowhere fast -- Take 2 probably wrote it off. What they didn't count on was for Scott Miller's Radar group to get hold of the production rights and get the film off the ground again. It sounds like T2 weren't impressed, especially if lawsuits are concerned.

I could speculate further, but frankly, it's none of our business.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                              I don't know how 20th Century Fox got hold of the rights...I could speculate further, but frankly, it's none of our business.
                              I thought this was the Ask Remedy thread.

You're right. What went on behind the scenes is none of our business. But I don't think the original questions I asked were too intrusive. They were simple Yes/No questions and still remain unanswered. Does Microsoft own the film rights for Alan Wake? Does Rockstar still own the film rights for MP2?

Comment

Remedy owns Alan Wake IP fully.

I would rather not go to the film rights side on Max, because I'm not sure I know it all anymore and it's likely not as simple as above.

Comment

Working...
                                X