X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

OK I have to ask.

What sort of configuration of PCs did you use to create AW?

Comment

Originally posted by pctech View Post
      OK I have to ask.

Our workstation hardware configuration is quite inconsistent. We build the PC's ourselves from components, and we tend buy hardware that is in the sweet spot in regards to price/performance ratio, perhaps a bit more emphasis on the performance.

In the last months of AW development we did not want to interrupt developers' work by upgrading their PC's, so our PC's are currently (on the average) a bit older than usually. The oldest ones were of the Core2 Duo generation with DX10 GPUs, and they are about to be replaced with some Core i7/AMD X6 setups in the near future (ie. that's what the newest PC's are).

On the software side our workstations are much more consistent, we have 3 basic installation images which we can deploy to a PC, so that the developer can start working with the PC within one hour after our IT starts the deployment.

- J

Comment

Thanks, interesting.

Thanks for creating such a really enjoyable title by the way, loving every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
          I saw a flag or some poster in Gas Station in Alan Wake that seems like Iran flag with this text :" Gas" . did you guys had point with that ?
          I don't remember the sign or poster you're talking about off-hand, but I have no doubt that it's nothing more than a coincidence. That's not a very rare combination of colors.
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Remedy,

Who made the decision to give Alan a tweed jacket?

I mean his hoodie and combat jacket seem good, I wear that clothing all the time, I've als worn them in a forest area (Albiet not with jeans or cowboy boots, I had combat trousers and trainers =D ) and that seemed comfortable, as a little experient I wore a blazer over the top after playing Alan Wake as it always stayed on my mind while playing, a blazer in a forest?....So I went out at night dressed in a hoodie, Combat coat and a blazer.....I was itchy, hot, sweaty and constantly irritant, and that's just in 30 mins....Alan could've probably killed the Darkness by revealing his B.O at the end of the game!

Also, on the question of clothing, was there a reason Alan's appearance was changed? In '05 he wore a red scarf and trench coat and had a little quiff in his hair
            Last edited by Dark; 05-22-2010, 09:51 PM.
            Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
            Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Dark View Post
              Also, on the question of clothing, was there a reason Alan's appearance was changed? In '05 he wore a red scarf and trench coat and had a little quiff in his hair
              That version of Wake look a little more like an outdoors type, or an adventurer. It wasn't a bad look, but we wanted something that made him seem a little more like a city boy.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                That version of Wake look a little more like an outdoors type, or an adventurer. It wasn't a bad look, but we wanted something that made him seem a little more like a city boy.
                Hmm, fair enough, good reason, thank you
                Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Hello. REMEDY! I am the admirer of game Alan Wake, also i have a question: whether there will be a game on PC version?
                  Simply i have not possibilities to buy x-box!!!
                  What you can tell about this? sorry for my English I from Russia.
                  Last edited by poporr; 05-23-2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Hey Remedy, are there any plans for future Live Action Alan Wake episodes? I thought they were pretty neat, and I think Alan Wake looks pretty cool in real life. Be nice to see a good horror/thriller mini-series.

Secondly, is Finland an awesome place to live and are all of you Finnish? =)

Also cheers for making this game, and I'm very glad we got this game over here in New Zealand so close to it's release everywhere else (unlike Wii games nowadays where games like Shattered Memories gets a release in the US and then we get it 8 months later (I imported it and finished it but it's still not out here *facepalm*) so I generally tend to freak out about games being released late here... I really do live on an island. -.-

Comment

Is it possible to work in the art department of Remedy and not have to move to Finland? I'm thinking more along the lines of 2d conceptual art.

Comment

Originally posted by hb02 View Post
                        Is it possible to work in the art department of Remedy and not have to move to Finland? I'm thinking more along the lines of 2d conceptual art.
                        I want that to. To work with them from home
                        I'm back.

Comment

Well not really from home, but just not having to move to Finland to work as a concept artist. I understand you wouldn't really be part of the actual team, rather just outsourcing. So i guess the question should be... Does Remedy outsource concept artist, if so, where do they get their outsourced artists from? Is it hand picked freelance or do you go to big companies like Massive Black?

Comment

Originally posted by SUDDENJONATAN View Post
                            I want that to. To work with them from home
                            Yes, it's possible. I have a friend in Tenebra Studios, who works as a Game Programmer. He told me that they have a Portuguese person, who works with them as a graphic designer on-line in his home.
                            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I was wondering whether having to develop for a console platform limited what the designers wanted to do with Alan Wake due to only a finite amount of RAM, specific graphics controller, etc being available in the runtime platform?

Comment

Originally posted by pctech View Post
                                I've replied earlier here, but as a picture is about 6.6 times worthier than my 148-word reply, here's a sample of a workstation that one of our programmer used to create AW:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X