X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

Originally posted by steven D. View Post
    I'm a really Huge fan of you Alan Wake game, I dont have any questions about the game just a question about how to contac you guys, I have some great ideas that could make the series better, would bring people together and would make Remedy alot of money, so how wold contact you guys to share this idea, thank you and keep up the great work
    Well, please don't take this the wrong way, but we aren't really looking for new ideas. We have plenty of our own. And frankly, in the end, ideas are cheap; it's the execution that counts.

That said, you can find e-mail addresses for us at our website, but you should make sure you're serious and realistic about the whole thing before you send anything. (And I must stress that you should not take this as an invitation to send your ideas to me via PM or something. I'm not in a position to help you with anything like that.)

Originally posted by RR Diner View Post
    Dear Remedy, what was the video that folk got when they redeemed their codes early and will it be available on Marketplace?
    You know, I don't even know. I believe it's material from the LCE "making of" stuff or something like that.

Originally posted by RR Diner
    Also, the Alan Wake strategy guide, how much of what is in it was cannon.
    I couldn't tell you exactly. We didn't write it, so anything that's only mentioned there might turn out to be incompatible with our official story material.

Also, hey, these are Alan Wake questions, and should be asked in the Alan Wake section of our forums. This thread is intended for more generic questions about Remedy, and even though I was foolish enough to answer them this time, I'd like people to bear that in mind in the future. I don't want to ignore people or start deleting posts here, so, you know, let's try to stay on topic, please. =)
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Sorry, but thanks for answering. Especially the video one, I would of hated to have missed out on some behind the scenes material.

I got a rather snarky comment elsewhere (not these forums) about it, so figured Id go straight to the source.
      tHe OwLS aRe NOt WhAT tHey SeEm

Comment

I've heard that the guys at Remedy are huge Movie buffs.

Don't know if this has been asked before, but what are your all time favorite films?

On top of that, what about the thriller and horror genres? Do you guys have any personal favorites?
        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

To contine that question, what is your favorite Stephen King book?
          Is The World Getting Smaller Or Am I Getting Bigger?

Comment

Will one of, or a couple of, the members of the Remedy team go on IGN.com's GAME SCOOP podcast to talk about Alan Wake? I love their podcast, and I love Alan Wake so it would be awesome to make it happen. Its a very popular podcast, and having some remedy guys talk about the art and techincal part of the game, and maybe a writer to talk about the depths and future of Alan Wake could be some great publicity. I want more people to get into Alan Wake. With the new DLC, it seems like a great opportunity to talk about AW and get some more people that are on the fence.

This question isn't asking about AW, so it isn't 'breaking the rule'. The question is if you guys would be willing to go on my favorite podcast to talk about your work.

Comment

If we get asked (and if it works out schedulewise, obviously), sure, but that first step in anything like this isn't really ours to take.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

K, i'll ask them = )

Comment

Sorry if this is another stupid question How is the currently changes in the Alan Wake engine? optimizes the engine, adds new effects (V-Sync: D)

Comment

Here's a question to the artists.

Since I'm studying Graphic design, and the art is included in it. Can you tell me which tools do you use to create such amazing characters and monsters ? Someday, I want to create my own characters and monsters, so that I can include them in my horror book and later to publish them and create a new horror game.

Thanks
                    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                      Here's a question to the artists.

Since I'm studying Graphic design, and the art is included in it. Can you tell me which tools do you use to create such amazing characters and monsters ? Someday, I want to create my own characters and monsters, so that I can include them in my horror book and later to publish them and create a new horror game.

Thanks
                      Tools-wise there's nothing terribly special going on as far as characters are regarded. Basically Photoshop for the 2D aspects, 3dsmax for modeling and Mudbox for detailing. When it comes to creating good characters, or any art or design, the choice of software is probably the least relevant aspect: the tools that you are most comfortable with are probably the best.

Comment

Dear Remedy сould you update the Max-FX 2 engine and add a simple water shader and bump-mapping. It's not as difficult as these functions were still in 3d Mark 2001
                        This move would actually extended the MP2 modding.
                        Thank you for your attention

Comment

Originally posted by Bender Bending View Post
                          Dear Remedy сould you update the Max-FX 2 engine and add a simple water shader and bump-mapping. It's not as difficult as these functions were still in 3d Mark 2001
                          This move would actually extended the MP2 modding.
                          Thank you for your attention
                          The rights are not owned by us anymore to do that sort of thing. Plus all focus is now on Alan Wake. Sorry.

Comment

What has it right? It's your engine.
                            Let's just say we do not care fan modding

Why can not you put the source code for MaxFX2, as does the Epic Games with its Unreal Engine

Fans Max Payne 2 Modding very much, and you have forgotten them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bender Bending View Post
                              Fans Max Payne 2 Modding very much, and you have forgotten them.
                              We haven't, but what you don't seem to understand is that we don't own Max Payne anymore.

Comment

I have a question for Petri Alanko himself.

Since I'm also a music producer, I'd like to have that piano score. Could you, please, send the tablature(tablet) of your piano or of the orchestra ones ? I'd like to borrow some notes of the orchestra ones, because I want to create new House music as a producer.

Can you provide some of these with the Solfege program or in the hand ? Or is there somewhere that I can buy it ?

Thanks
                                Last edited by TannosukeGR; 08-14-2010, 06:57 PM.
                                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Working...
                                X