X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask Remedy...

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
    Piiska: We have 7 different nationalities, some from close by and some from the other side of the planet. Where odd animals jump on two feet.
    Have they introduced you to Tim Tams and Vegemite, yet?
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

We have Vegemite in our fridge. It's ... well, I can't find words to describe it . Tim Tams, not yet (I had to google them).

Remedy doesn't have a cafeteria. There's a big supermarket nearby for pre-made foods, and we have half a dozen lunch restaurants in ~5 min walking distance. Another 15 or so places accessible in 5 minutes with the car.

Comment

Do the staff a favour and import some Tim Tams
        Then you can practice the Tim Tam Slam.
        http://loveandcooking.blogspot.com/2...t-tim-tam.html

Update: I found a site where you can import some...
        http://www.greataussiefood.com.au/sh...Sharepack+365g
        Last edited by Morry; 04-07-2009, 08:42 AM.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Are there any members of Remedy who are actually tired of Alan Wake?
          In both regards, making it and playing it?

Ahhh...yes...interesting question isn't it?

Comment

no and no. We naturally wish to ship the game as soon as possible, but we all want to ship a good game.

Morry: There's a Finnish specialty store for expats that sells US/UK/AU weird stuff (including Vegemite), maybe we could persuade them to take Tim Tams to their selection

Comment

Markus: Tim Tam's are fantastic. They should be the main representation of Australia, not Vegemite. Though I do love Vegemite now, never did before.

I'd say definitely try persuade them to get some Tim Tam's in, you'll start thanking us when you try it!

Comment

Markus, what does Remedy think of Quantic Dream's PS3-exclusive "Heavy Rain" if you think of anything at all of it?

I ask because a lot of people in gaming always seem to bring this game up in conversation when talking about Alan Wake. Essentially, it's like the PS3's Alan Wake. A lot of gamers seem to think the two are similar in many ways (i.e. Story-driven, out of the box thinking, non-typical gameplay, very dark thematic elements).

If you haven't read up or seen any of the game, here's one of the trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCClcsD3GcU

And the game's wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Rain
                I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

I have two questions to Remedy:

1. How do you see the future for games on the iPhone/ipod touch?

2. Do you think about making an iphone game (Death Rally)?
                  Last edited by Dennis; 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Hehhe ... Death Rally on iPhone would rock.
                    LinkedIn Profile

Comment

I've got one..

Did you like both series of Twin Peaks? And what about the movie?

Comment

Bstarter - I'm not in the habit of commenting other developers' games before they are released. I think the two games will be quite different.

Dennis - the future is good; especially for platforms that have tens of millions of gamers using them. iPphone, the new N-Gage, Android etc. Apple just beat everybody in the usability and ease of purchase in the store. From what I hear it's also more fun developing something for the iPhone than on Symbian so developers flock to the platform. Just as things went on the console side with Xbox360 and with Live, but on a much more explosive curve.

As said in other threads, Remedy would likely not develop on mobile platforms internally.

Demite - The series is a bit weird, but I think it was cool and unique. I haven't seen the movie.

Comment

Hey Markus, I was wondering if you and some of the team at Remedy are heading to LA for E3? I'm not asking anything about Alan Wake, I'm just asking if you'll be in attendance like you guys were at GDC? And if you are, what games are you and the team looking forward to or hoping to see at the show?
                          Last edited by bstarter29; 05-20-2009, 09:54 PM.
                          I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Usually when at shows we're too busy with meetings to have much time to browse other titles, unfortunately. Previously at E3 we've gotten to see one or two cool backroom demos through our developer friends at other studios (the hottest stuff is rarely out in the open), and that's always been neat. We've tried to return the favour, of course.

Personally, I'd love to hear more on Supreme Commander 2 and any follow-ups on Civilization series; those are games that I can play without analysing them every step of the way as they're completely different genres to what we do

Any news from e.g. Infinity Ward, Epic, Bioware and Rockstar games would also be really interesting to me.

Comment

Hey Markus, do you have any favourite games, or games that you really enjoyed?

Also, i know you must be a pretty bussy man right now, but how much time do you get to play video games during the week? I'm not thinking about versions of Alan Wake and such. Just normal video games
                              Last edited by shorty; 05-22-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Hey Markus! I was just wondering, developing games such as Alan Wake must have its really-insanely-stressfull days and i was curious as to what you guys and girls do to relax and have fun? (Other than play Alan Wake lol) x
                                "It's all fun and games, Untill somebody loses a testicle!"

Comment

Working...
                                X