This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask Remedy...

Shorty: I don't get much time to play, but try to sneak in a few hours here and there. Games I like --depends on the mood

Michael A.H. it's not all insane stressful, albeit there are those days too. A lot of the folks go to gym, or use our pool table during the day for a quick game. My relaxation could involve going to a race track for an afternoon...

Comment

Hey Markus, I came across the gamertag of someone named Petri on xbox live the other day and he had an Alan Wake picture on his profile, I went and I check but there is nothing on the marketplace. Are you guys planning to release some pictures packs or a premium theme in the future because I would love to decorate my dashboard with something like that.
      PS: I understand if you cannot comment about it.
      Last edited by cubanito305; 05-25-2009, 05:13 AM.
      Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

cubanito, I would think stuff like that are in the plans but don't know details or timing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
          cubanito, I would think stuff like that are in the plans but don't know details or timing.
          In other words, that's a Microsoft focus rather than a Remedy focus?
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Hey Markus. Was just looking at my bookshelf and wondering.. Alan Wake and Max Payne seem to be along a similar road- third person shooter style with strong story elements. But do you have any aspirations or vague ideas for games you`d like to create in the future? A flight-simulator, a fantasy adventure, or anything else to break the mold? Not that what you're doing isn't magical or anything Just thinking how you would apply what you've learned to different types of gameplay and scenarios.

Although I'm sure any new ideas would have to wait until the completion of Alan Wake 7. You know, in 2013?
            <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Kitt: I think a Remedy game should have at least compelling story, a strong lead character and action. We also like to our games to have enough "real world connection" so they are easier to associate with.

Comment

It's something I would like to see in Alan Wake, but I am not going to ask you if it will feature in the game becuase I know you can't answer these kind of questions, but I have noticed with this current generation of games like GTA4 didn't have the option of having your own radio station for your mp3's on your harddrive unlike GTA:SA on the original xbox. I'm not tech savvy but I haven't seen this done on the 360. I was just wondering if you knew if it was even possible to do on the 360? Like if it's not possible with the way the 360 is? I have always wondered that because I thought it weird that they never done the same with the current GTA game
                Yersterday I Woke Up Sucking A Lemon

Comment

I'm not entirely sure since I've never done it myself but I think it should be supported in all games by default with the xbox360. While playing a game, press the guide button and from there you should be able to start playing some music from your hard drive or an mp3 player or whatever.

Comment

Oh yeah, you can play music over the game, but GTA:SA incorporated it into the game via an extra radio station where the music on your hard drive acts like a radio station. So you can switch between it and the in game radio stations and when you get out the car it isn't still playing over the game.

Thanks for taking time out to answer questions.
                    Yersterday I Woke Up Sucking A Lemon

Comment

• Re: Ask Remedy...

ant/mark

If Alan Wake can be run on the xbox 360 which uses DX9 , Why does alan wake need to be on Vista?

And how do you feel about a fair amount of people who would like to play Alan Wake and purchase it will not due to the fact they are still running XP ? I understand if it was PC only this might hurt greatly but I am guessing you are counting on at least double sales for the xbox 360 rather than PC .

Last question , Will there be a collectors edition? Or at least talks. And will it include decent items rather than an alan wake with 1 eye on his forehead and the other on his cheek figurine?

Comment

Collectors Edition is not yet confirmed but has been discussed.

I understand and appreciate the XP concern - however it's not entirely up to us. We're now first focusing fully on the 360 version though.

360 is closer to "DX10-" i.e. it is more advanced than DX9 and Alan Wake uses those additional bits & pieces.

Comment

Thanks for the answers Markus.

I know it's unlikely, but do you know if you'll do a GTAIV move and release the 360 version before the PC?

Oh, and where in the world can i get an AW T-shirt?

I read you were giving a few out at e3...
                          Last edited by Demite; 06-04-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
                            Collectors Edition is not yet confirmed but has been discussed.

I understand and appreciate the XP concern - however it's not entirely up to us. We're now first focusing fully on the 360 version though.

360 is closer to "DX10-" i.e. it is more advanced than DX9 and Alan Wake uses those additional bits & pieces.

Thanks markus , I suppose I just needed confirmation in my head it was not 100% remedy's choice to go in that direction but I understand why you need to.

I am not sure about your pull around there but make sure the collectors has something neat to go along with it . To often I see companies charge 40 extra dollars for items which a few years ago would of been included for free.

Good luck with AW

Comment

I'd want to know more about the plot. It seems that the game is pretty solid... But the plot seems to be somewhat cliche.

Do you have any big suprises for the plot? How about the ending?
                              I know you have confirmed this, but still many people think that the whole game will be just a bad dream.

My question: Is the plot full of cliches? Do you think that people find the plot enjoyable?

Also how would you comment this: http://www.kauppalehti.fi/5/i/yrityk...=2009/06/22762

It seems that you still have funds for the games regardless of the loss.
                              Do you think that Alan Wake NEEDS to be a succesful game? Do you think it will be?
                              KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
                                Do you have any big suprises for the plot? How about the ending?
                                The game is a psychological action thriller, and much of the "psychological" and "thriller" come from the fact that the player never knows what will happen next. And that way, a lot of the "action" stems from the surprises

Thus I will leave the ending a surprise that you will have to find out yourself

My question: Is the plot full of cliches? Do you think that people find the plot enjoyable?
                                I'd say you will find some classics of the genre there. And making the plot (and the whole game) enjoyable is very high priority.

I don't find much to comment there. The story is based on official financial figures, but you would not need those to guess that we did not have much money coming in last year.

- J

Comment

Working...
                                X