This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

I see... It's good to know that the game is in good hands!
    KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Demite we were indeed giving out a small batch of "I am Awake" t-shirts at the show. Ran out at end of day 2... fortunately we have some faceplates left.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusRMD View Post
        Demite we were indeed giving out a small batch of "I am Awake" t-shirts at the show. Ran out at end of day 2... fortunately we have some faceplates left.
        ooh ooh.. gimme

Comment

An Alan Wake monocle would be nice.

Have you considered asking forum community members for ideas/reactions of special purchaseable Alan Wake merchandise?
          <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

A flashlight with re-chargeable batteries is a *must*.

Comment

Alan Wake Faceplate?? I want one too!!!
              A Remedy Online Shop would be cool. I saw a few years ago a guy with a Max Payne T-shirt where can i get one??
              For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.

Comment

I would also love a online shop where we can buy clothings, posters and such with Alan Wake on. It would also be good commercial for you

Comment

I want a life-size tattoo of Alan Wake's face... on my face.
                  They call me Si.

"If in doubt, keep your socks on."

Comment

This is a very good point: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa.../835133?page=1

Why is there so much bloom?
                    Not to critize but why are those logs shining with light? Somehow it looks... Unnatural!
                    Any explanation would make my day

Of course we know it's WIP and in my opinion the bloom looks usually looks really nice, but in that logging area screenshot the bloom looks very weard.
                    Last edited by AnttiApina; 06-09-2009, 06:47 PM.
                    KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

I was wondering about that bloom thing already when the cinematic trailer came out. With that much and that intense it simply looks unnatural, most of all in objects that should't really shine too much (logs). It just seems to be something that every modern game must have to show off "that yes, of course our engine is capable of this too so we are clearly up to date visually". But please not to that extent. Anyway, I guess that some years to the future the overuse of bloom is going to look like an outdated element of 00's games.

But in truth, it's not really THAT big deal to me as pretty much the rest of the game is going to be superb in every way especially with the time Remedy has to polish the game. So this is nitpicking really.

Comment

Originally posted by AnttiApina View Post
                        This is a very good point: http://forums.gametrailers.com/threa.../835133?page=1

Why is there so much bloom?
                        Not to critize but why are those logs shining with light? Somehow it looks... Unnatural!
                        Any explanation would make my day

Of course we know it's WIP and in my opinion the bloom looks usually looks really nice, but in that logging area screenshot the bloom looks very weard.
                        Haha, the replies in that thread don't sound too convinced.
                        Remedy's currently known projects:
                        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Bloom is kind of becoming the new lens flare. I think it can look pretty good in moderation, though.

Since we're talking about that screen, I'm more concerned about the scale -- Wake looks tiny compared to his surroundings (the logs and tractor). I know it's common in third person games to scale the scenery up by 120-150% but in this screen it looks extreme. I hope it's just a trick of the camera & perspective.

Comment

Alan Wake has been in production a very long time, do you worry sometimes that all this hard work will be wasted or rather not recognised as it should be seeing as most gamers nowadays are just into online multiplayer shoot-em ups and most games just concentrate solely on that?

As the competition for this year and next year contain huge multiplayer games coming out

(P.S I'll be buying AW the day it comes out, I appreciate and love good storytelling)
                            Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                            Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

The first time I saw that pic with the tractor, I thought..."Damn, that's one shiny-ass tractor." As for the logs...I hoped they were wet, and the light was relfecting off the water on the logs.

Honestly though, I don't see it as much of a problem. I remember, this question was asked to Remedy once, but, can't remember what they said. However, I do remember Markus(I think it was Markus), stating that it shows, clearly what their engine is capable of doing. Not, like some other games, because many engines can do that. But, because this game has such dynamic day/night cycles and mimics so many natural weather conditions, it's there for the WOW factor of what this particular engine can do.

Comment

Of course Remedy wants to show what they can do but for me the most important thing is "WOW! That's realistic!!!", not "WOW! Now that's one bad-ass bloom effect they've implemented into that engine!"

Comment

Working...
                                X