This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask Remedy...

It all makes sense now. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Remedy,

not sure if you can say but here goes.

Will Quantum Break be coming to the PC?
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Not sure if I'll get a response because this is an old thread, but It's worth the shot.

Remedy Games is what got me into gaming. When I was young, I saw my dad playing Max Payne on the PC and thought it looked amazing. I had never played a game before that. I asked if I could play some and he let me have a go. I spent the next few hours playing it without a break. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever played and is my favourite game to this day. A few years later Max Payne 2 came out and I loved it just as much. A few years later I was hearing about Alan Wake, I watched the trailers and thought it looked amazing, then I saw it was made by Remedy, and I bought it instantly. It was perfect, just like all Remedy Games have been. Remedy is the company that really got me into gaming, and has always made my favourite games. I currently have over 300 games in my steam library and around 250 on Xbox, and it all started with a few amazing missions on Max Payne. Anyway, I feel like I'm dragging this out so I'll move onto the questions.

Since I first played Max Payne I've wanted to be a games developer. Most likely as a games programmer, and my dream job has always been to work for Remedy Games. I'm currently studying hard and trying to decide which path to take to achieve my ultimate goal of one day being a games programmer for Remedy, but I'm having an issue deciding which path to take. Multiple game developers say that if I want to go into game development, I should take a 3 year Computer Science degree, but I worry that won't give me the relevant knowledge for games development, and that a 3 year course based 100% on Games Development and teaching you coding and how to use all the most important tools would be far more useful to me to pursue a career in games (something like this) or whether I would be best doing a 3 year CompSci degree and then doing a year postgraduate of this degree.
        It is my dream to work for remedy one day but I have no idea which path to take to have the best shot of getting there, if anyone at RMD could give me some advice/direction on the best route it would mean a lot to me.

Kind regards.

Comment

• Abu-Shamma
          Abu-Shamma commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello friend. I just can’t believe that I’m reading your comment, let me explain for you by getting back 13 years ago, when I was 7 years old my oldest brother bought a computer and he installed Max Payne and some other games on it. So, I started playing these games but max Payne was number one for me and from that time up to this day, I lost the count of how much times I complete the game. On the other hand, when Alan wake came out and I played it, I was so fascinated about it and I still play this game from time to time and I know everything in it. But this is not the amazing part yet, before a while ago I started my college majoring in CS because I think it is the best way to enter the gaming industry and achieve one of my dreams which is working in Remedy Entertainment even though I don’t live in Europe. But the unbelievable coincidence for me is that I was just thinking about posting a question asking he same question you just ask. What is he best pathway to be a a games developer Because I will do whatever it takes to work in there.
          WOW isn’t that an amazing coincidence.

Abu-Shamma

I think what i will finish video for anniversary only tomorrow. It's the matter of quality. I hope you will wait for me.

the shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak spots and closed in for the kill. Just a dream.

Comment

Which direction Remedy is likely to take considering future projects? Meaning, do you prefer theme which is closer to the Twin Peaks and The X-Files or something more like CSI Miami and a twist of science? Or in other words; what do YOU would love to work on if to close eyes on all the publisher pitching and worries of making it sell well??

Favourite coffee consumed on daily basis at Remedy?

Comment

Working...
          X