Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony to buy Remedy? (Rumor)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumor...emedy.1490986/

I have read on multiple sites that Sony is going to buy Remedy Games. Care to deny or confirm?

But what if they do buy it? I believe this could be a good change for RMD as Sony focus more on single player games with stories, like The last of us, Uncharted, Beyond 2 Souls, Detroit: Become Human, etc. MS is more multiplayer shooter oriented.

What do you guys think?
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
    https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumor...emedy.1490986/

I have read on multiple sites that Sony is going to buy Remedy Games. Care to deny or confirm?

But what if they do buy it? I believe this could be a good change for RMD as Sony focus more on single player games with stories, like The last of us, Uncharted, Beyond 2 Souls, Detroit: Become Human, etc. MS is more multiplayer shooter oriented.

What do you guys think?
    Remedy stated in a recent conference that they wish to maintain their independence, so i hope they maintain this stance. In this way, they can do games to every platform in the world, making lot of money and creating more games.

But , if Sony do acquire them, then it would be the end of my support to Remedy. I was mostly an PC guy, but they announced Alan Wake exclusively to Xbox 360, so I got one. Invested money on the platform, bought CE Alan Wake, it's DLC, X360 Dashboard Theme, Avatar Items... But still, before the XONE was announced, I was going to go PC again. Then Remedy announced QB, exclusively to Xbox One. Again, bought the console, bought the game, invested heavily on the platform. Today my gaming backlog is immense, I will not throw my money at the garbage can after so many years, and unfortunately having another console just because of one developer is out of my reality (money-wise). It would also be kinda of a middle finger to the ones who supported them in these past 10+ years.

(also, this "multiplayer shooter oriented" stuff... nah fam... nah)

​​​
    "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

Comment

I don't even know what to say anymore.
      I just hope this isn't true.
      Surely it would be a step back in the wrong direction.
      I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

We're just speculating here; this is still just a rumour. Anyhow, I can't believe how petty you people (the community) are. You spent money on a gaming console just to buy one game? Hope you learned something since that's your mistake. Stop blaming Remedy, they're a great studio.
        This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

Well, Sony and Kojima Productions works out great. Same with Naughty Dog. Plus, all the money and freedom would not hurt, maybe?

Comment

I think Remedy will wait to see how Control does and their other soon to release games. I have a feeling they may go independent and they should. The more platforms you are on the more $$$ there is to make. Being isolated on one platform isnt economically viable. Thats why you see so many devs going to Epic or doing their own thing now.

However, if AW 2 is within SONY's budget than im all for it!
            ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
            32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
            WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Thanks for all your replies guys, I still believe this could be a good thing! Sony has a lot of money! And they do invest on gaming companies like RMD, so I hope they do buy them ... but I understand the desire to remain independent.
              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Working...
              X