This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come work with us!

Thanks for saying that. I have already planned to try to go to study to college, which focuses on video game industry. I have also planned to start learning different things, so I can decide what looks like I would like to do for long time. Unfortunely I have just never go the urge to do start that.
    I should put something great to this signature, right? Well...Cake is great, isin't it? Everyone knows cakes are delicious!

Comment

And don't forget, any of the artistic profession(author, director, 3D artist, 2D sketch painter etc) relates to the videogame company. If you have something of those artistic professions that you love, then it's not too late to start it. And take your time. Don't rush things up. It'll come to you eventually.
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Sounds awesome, shame you only hire programmers.
        Good luck with the search!

Comment

If I didn't plan to emigrate to New Zealand I would probably move to Finland and apply for a job at Remedy (I may have enough experience in gamedev). I think it must be a good place to (hard)work and Finland is a nice country too, I was there on holidays...

Comment

Originally posted by kexik View Post
            If I didn't plan to emigrate to New Zealand I would probably move to Finland and apply for a job at Remedy (I may have enough experience in gamedev). I think it must be a good place to (hard)work and Finland is a nice country too, I was there on holidays...
            The correct order is to first apply for the job, and if you get it, then move. Trying to do it the other way around might not be such a great idea. =)

We hire plenty of people from outside Finland, and we do help them with the relocation -- it's not easy moving to another country; all the bureaucracy alone can do your head in if you don't have somebody assisting you.
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Mikki, do you need a project manager who was responsible for Alan Wake project in one company really close to Finland? I've been thinking of moving to Finland lately. And Remedy is surely the best company to work in
              If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Originally posted by 3APA3HO View Post
                Mikki, do you need a project manager who was responsible for Alan Wake project in one company really close to Finland? I've been thinking of moving to Finland lately. And Remedy is surely the best company to work in
                Right now, the only positions we're actively recruiting for are the ones that are listed on the site, but that doesn't mean there aren't other positions that will open up in the future. Unfortunately, I can't talk about them yet (if we wanted to announce them, we would have -- and in any case, I don't even remember what all of them are off the top of my head, exactly). You could always submit an open application through our website, though!
                Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

I don't have any game design qualifications but can I just stand and watch?
                  Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                  Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

We've just posted up some new positions on our job section, so check it out here:
                    http://www.remedygames.com/jobs

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                      We've just posted up some new positions on our job section, so check it out here:
                      http://www.remedygames.com/jobs
                      Beneficial experience:

Agile development practices
                      Developing for console platforms (Xbox360, PS3, Wii)
                      Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine and game development middleware
                      Online multiplayer implementation
                      Tool & pipeline development

Uum so Alan Wake spin-off or Alan Wake 2 also on Wii U

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                        Is that what it says?

Seems to me that it says that we are looking for someone who has experience of developing for consoles, and then it lists the applicable experience, which is current gen consoles. It doesn't mean that we're looking for someone who has experience of ALL of these platforms, but it does mean that if you worked on a PS2 or Xbox game, you might not have the experience that we're looking for.

Not that I want to keep people from freaking out over something imaginary; this is the internet, after all. But, you know, chill. =)

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                          Is that what it says?

Seems to me that it says that we are looking for someone who has experience of developing for consoles, and then it lists the applicable experience, which is current gen consoles. It doesn't mean that we're looking for someone who has experience of ALL of these platforms, but it does mean that if you worked on a PS2 or Xbox game, you might not have the experience that we're looking for.

Not that I want to keep people from freaking out over something imaginary; this is the internet, after all. But, you know, chill. =)
                          Ok I'm just surprised to see the Wii because of its low power.We will know the truth when it is officially announced your new game

Comment

Wii? *sigh*

It's like when you read about a game being announced, it sounds all cool till you realise it's being released on the a...."mobile phone".....Booo
                            Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                            Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                              Beneficial experience:

Agile development practices
                              Developing for console platforms (Xbox360, PS3, Wii)
                              Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine and game development middleware
                              Online multiplayer implementation
                              Tool & pipeline development

You could have made the same assumptions with the engine type. Just because they listed Unity and Unreal, doesn't mean they are making a game on Unity and Unreal.
                              Remedy's currently known projects:
                              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dark View Post
                                Wii? *sigh*

It's like when you read about a game being announced, it sounds all cool till you realise it's being released on the a...."mobile phone".....Booo
                                How would that affect anything? In 99.999% of cases the mobile and console development cycles are different.

Also as had been said the Wii is simply listed there because someone with current console dev experience would be beneficial to their hiring. Since the Wii is a current gen console it is listed, nothing more than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X