X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come work with us!

Originally posted by ADM View Post
    How would that affect anything? In 99.999% of cases the mobile and console development cycles are different.

Also as had been said the Wii is simply listed there because someone with current console dev experience would be beneficial to their hiring. Since the Wii is a current gen console it is listed, nothing more than that.
    I'm just ranting.

When there's a 4 page spread on the announcement of a new game for wii or mobile phone....boring...*sigh*
    Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
    Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Im a great developer

I can develop the following:
      1. Hot Pockets
      2. Jokes
      3. Good music (Classic Rock)
      4. Tacos
      5. And I can list in numbers
      "This is the way the world ends
      Not with a bang but a whimper."

-T.S Eliot-

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
        Beneficial experience:

Agile development practices
        Developing for console platforms (Xbox360, PS3, Wii)
        Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine and game development middleware
        Online multiplayer implementation
        Tool & pipeline development

Uum so Alan Wake spin-off or Alan Wake 2 also on Wii U
        [MENTION=5022]MikkiRMD[/MENTION], the "Developing for console platforms" not only stands for the X360, PS3 and Wii, but also the mobile consoles PSP and 3DS, and of course, the PC.

The PC is also a console as a gaming machine.
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
          [MENTION=5022]MikkiRMD[/MENTION], the "Developing for console platforms" not only stands for the X360, PS3 and Wii, but also the mobile consoles PSP and 3DS, and of course, the PC.

The PC is also a console as a gaming machine.
          I'm sorry, are you asking a question, or...?
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
            I'm sorry, are you asking a question, or...?
            No, I'm telling you that the term "console" varies to every gaming console, even the PC. There's no way that it woiuld stick to only home consoles, like PS3, XBOX 360 and Wii.

If I ever questioned you something, I'd stick to something and put in the end the "?". Please, don't make me like Riddler.
            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
              No, I'm telling you that the term "console" varies to every gaming console, even the PC. There's no way that it woiuld stick to only home consoles, like PS3, XBOX 360 and Wii.
              But we are not saying that only the Xbox 360, the PS3 and the Wii are console platforms. We are saying that if you have worked on something for those console platforms -- that is to say, the current generation of gaming consoles, rather than the previous one (as I have already explained) -- we would consider that experience particularly useful and beneficial if you're applying for this job.

It's not an attempt to define what a console platform is, or what qualifies as a console platform, and frankly, I'm amazed that this is something I actually need to explain.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                I'm amazed that this is something I actually need to explain.
                Welcome to the net.
                Team Yu
                https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

My dad is looking for a job (he's a writer), so I was like "Be a writer for Remedy"

He's like

1:I DO NOT have any idea how interacive storytelling works in a video game.
                  2: I DO NOT have a very wide range of pop culture knowledge.
                  3:I DO NOT want to move to Espoo, Finland. I don't even know where that is.

C'mon, dad. You're crampin' my style, here.

Comment

Oh, Helspont Sr. -- why you gotta be like that?!

Comment

I wish I could be of any help to this, but you could guess that I'm kinda a noob writer(Mikko knows what do I mean at this point), but I have many minuses that prevents me of going there.

Comment

Almost applied to be a writer.

Then I realized I am in the U.S.A., and have only got a few things published (for free and mainly online, though were rough drafts, not finalized work).

So I didn't apply...
                        Last edited by Zechs; 01-20-2012, 12:39 PM.
                        "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

how do i apply for the writer. i have been working on two canceled games, and now working on small game

Comment

Originally posted by Gojko View Post
                            how do i apply for the writer. i have been working on two canceled games, and now working on small game
                            Simply following the instructions at the bottom of the job advert:
                            http://www.remedygames.com/writer

Comment

People bash the WII? Death Rally would be awesome on the WII

That being said, I do know some writers with (a) published book(s) and game experience, one on a specific lookout to move out of Belgium. I'll be sure to forward the jobpage!
                              *Spread the Teddycult!*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ninjat...22685397758086

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                                Simply following the instructions at the bottom of the job advert:
                                http://www.remedygames.com/writer
                                so i send e-mail with sample of my "story" am i right?

Comment

Working...
                                X