Collector's Edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector's Edition?

Microsoft announced they will be doing a $250 (USD) collectors edition for Halo 5 when it comes out later this year. If you ask me, that's a bit much for a collector's edition but it's coming with an enormous statue.

Do you think Quantum Break should have a CE release? If yes, what would you be willing to pay and what should be included?

Re: Collector's Edition?

I was wondering the same thing. This is the reason why I haven't pre-ordered it yet. Either way I'm buying an Xbox One just for this. Not that I have any problem with the Xbox One, I'm just a PC Gamer. Most games I like are on PC or come to PC.

Comment

If a collector's edition is not in the cards, a Day One edition would be fine too. Day One editions are Xbox One branded games which include exclusive DLC content people would typically get from preordering a game. In a day one edition you would get a code or UPC type tag included in your package which could be redeemed on the Xbox Store for no extra cost.

Normally I prefer my CEs to have physical content since...well...its for collector's, but preorder dlc is different and really that's what a day one edition typically includes. It would be a nice thank you to early adopters.

Comment

Hmm let's see:

- Steelbook case (I loved Alan Wake's book case)
        - Making-of disc
        - Soundtrack
        - Artbook (something similar to The Alan Wake Files is fine too)
        - Some type of Monarch Solutions memorabilia (sticker, badge, key chain, etc...)
        - A nice looking slip-cover

Collectors Editions nowadays are such a rip. I dropped $100 on Halo 4's limited edition and all it came with was a steelbook case and couple of flimsy pieces of paper. It didn't even come with a making-of disc when Halo 2 and 3 did. It also didn't help that Halo 4 tanked within the first year, so I pretty much paid $100 for a paperweight. Alan Wake's collectors edition came with a lot more and that was only $79.99.

I would be perfectly fine if Remedy make a collectors edition similar to how they made Alan Wake's. If Remedy manage to do that and it includes all the things I mentioned in my list, I will drop whatever amount of money they need me too.
        "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
        -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumWake View Post
          Hmm let's see:

- Steelbook case (I loved Alan Wake's book case)
          - Making-of disc
          - Soundtrack
          - Artbook (something similar to The Alan Wake Files is fine too)
          - Some type of Monarch Solutions memorabilia (sticker, badge, key chain, etc...)
          - A nice looking slip-cover

Collectors Editions nowadays are such a rip. I dropped $100 on Halo 4's limited edition and all it came with was a steelbook case and couple of flimsy pieces of paper. It didn't even come with a making-of disc when Halo 2 and 3 did. It also didn't help that Halo 4 tanked within the first year, so I pretty much paid $100 for a paperweight. Alan Wake's collectors edition came with a lot more and that was only $79.99.

I would be perfectly fine if Remedy make a collectors edition similar to how they made Alan Wake's. If Remedy manage to do that and it includes all the things I mentioned in my list, I will drop whatever amount of money they need me too.
          I agree with all of this.

Comment

USD 250 is just way too much, unless the included physical items are really interesting ! (maybe TimeTravel replica, statues ?)

Else the most I would pay for CE would be USD 150 even for Quantum Break.
            **in Singleplayer We Believe, Down with Multiplayer !**
            **in new IPs We Believe, Down with Annual IPs !**

Comment

$250 for physical items, a lock of Sam Lake's hair perhaps? A bottle of Remedy Brewery's finest? A pack of Remedy mints and gummy bears (expiration date last year)?

I always wonder who are the people who back Kickstarter campaigns royally for a dinner and a foot massage with the project team members (travel expenses and massage oil not included). Offering something unique, interesting and doable is difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post
                $250 for physical items, a lock of Sam Lake's hair perhaps? A bottle of Remedy Brewery's finest? A pack of Remedy mints and gummy bears (expiration date last year)?

I always wonder who are the people who back Kickstarter campaigns royally for a dinner and a foot massage with the project team members (travel expenses and massage oil not included). Offering something unique, interesting and doable is difficult.
                That'd be creepy And the others would just be too hard to ship.
                **in Singleplayer We Believe, Down with Multiplayer !**
                **in new IPs We Believe, Down with Annual IPs !**

Comment

...a lock of Sam Lake's hair perhaps?...
                  Sam would be bald quite soon then.
                  The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Alan Wake's CE is my favourite ce of all time. The book cover was amazingly cool and Alan Wake Files deepend the lore in interesting way. And most importantly, the cost was very manageable. Those 250$ versions are insane.

I hope they do something similar with QB!
                    My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

We're a few months away from launch. Has remedy talked about any of this?

Honestly I won't be heartbroken if remedy decides against releasing a CE, but I think a day one edition would be a great thing for the game's early adopters. They can get free codes for some exclusive dlc or media.

Update: Technically Alan Wake did have a Day 1 Edition, we just didn't call it that at the time. All new copies of Alan Wake from its first run included a download code for the game's first DLC mission (a great bonus). Sorry I forgot to mention that.
                      Last edited by Maniac; 10-13-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Any news on this front? Or at least a word that Remedy is not sure yet? Some sort of CE or even Day One edition would be awesome for fans. I will buy Quantum Break as physical copy even though I have prefered digital on Xbox One.
                        My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Can't announce anything, but we do have something very special planned for the road leading to launch...

Comment

The original CE for Alan Wake was/is really good. Microsoft(and game-devs of course) did a very good job on this topic back in 2010, Halo: Reach's CE/LE was awesome too. Most of todays CE's are very bad and cheap, though waay more expensive. I don't know what they did, but even Halo's CE's/LE's are just painfully bad now.

What i want to say is, that if(!) you go this way and release a CE, go the full way. Make a proper one.
                            Games like Quantum Break don't deserve to get the cheap-ass-100$€-CE-full-of-digital-crap-treatment.

Info's on this are appreciated.
                            Last edited by LSKzane; 12-07-2015, 12:38 PM.
                            I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Can't announce anything, but we do have something very special planned for the road leading to launch...
                              Very interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see what that is about.

I asked Thomas about CE:
                              @RiotRMD Any plans for CE or Day One edition for QB?

@StammyFi[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]@Kabanossi_[FONT=Arial] Very unlikely. Again, this is a publisher decision, not Remedy’s. Let’s see, no promises.[/FONT]

My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Working...
                              X