Quantum Break on STEAM sooner than we think? *Thoughts*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Break on STEAM sooner than we think? *Thoughts*

I must apologize for the catchy thread title I will just try to give few reasons on "why" it probably will be released sooner.

If you notice the gaming industry tendencies and were it all is going then it's not hard to give a solid guess about Quantum Brake being released on Steam sooner than we think

Look at movies, it's all about the first week; if it doesn't do good enough during the first week then it's a total fail! It's a bit different with the games, but the same tendency is still present. "Rise of the Tomb Raider", another 3rd party exclusive ( timed ) title to XBox One, it got its release on Steam 2 months later.

What I think is Microsoft uses such 3rd party titles like RotTR or Quantum Brake to push its gaming console - and that most probably is their main priority - the push; it's a simple and stright forward war for an extra user base. People who own the XBox One will get QB on XB One, simple as that; so there shouldn't be a reason to not to release it on Steam like 2 month later! I doubt PC folks would consider getting XBOne, but it may be different with the ones who onw PS4.

Also, Microsoft can't wait for too long if they want to charge you a full price of €49.99 - while, of course, they can wait around 6+ month while not giving a duck about its price ( €39.99 or even €29.99) as I said before it's all about "the push".

Feel free to share your thoughts
    Last edited by thermos; 01-11-2016, 03:10 PM.

You maybe right on the matter but comparison to Rise of the Tomb Raider is not so straightforward. RotTR was published by Square Enix and thus timed exclusivity costed MS a lot of money I presume. Quantum Break will be MS published game so they have full control of pc release and it probably won't cost them any extra to delay it if necessary. It's business decision either way but different publisher matters in that decision.
    My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Although i will pick up the Xbox One version on day 1, I'd rather prefer a gog.com version on PC.
      I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Originally posted by Stammy View Post
        You maybe right on the matter but comparison to Rise of the Tomb Raider is not so straightforward. RotTR was published by Square Enix and thus timed exclusivity costed MS a lot of money I presume.
        Actually Rise of the Tomb Raider on XBOX One and XBOX 360 was published by Microsoft instead of Square Enix... Which is kind of weird as it's always been Eidos/Square Enix Europe/Square Enix (their parent company many, many names) up until that point. The PC version will be published by Square Enix, (and that's probably going to be the same for the PS4, but that's just speculation, I don't think that's has been officially confirmed.)

I really hope Quantum Break can make it on PC! I have an XBOX One but I'd love more gamers to have the chance to play it.
        The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

You are correct. I should not have trusted Wikipedia.
          My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Phil Spencer did say MSFT will be more PC friendly. Whether its played on PC or xbox its still a sale for MSFT. Its a win win.

I was thinking about buying QB on day 1 but im not sold on the one. I cant justify spending that much more for only 1 game. Especially since my computer cost so much. I will patiently wait it out.

It will probably be a fall release date for QB or early next year.
            ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
            32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
            WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Working...
            X