Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quantum Break - Distribution Platforms and 'Thank You'.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Break - Distribution Platforms and 'Thank You'.

First of all, I want to thank Sam Lake and the team at Remedy for developing, what appears to be, an intelligent, dynamic, and exciting title for a large cross-section of the gaming community to enjoy. Secondly, I applaud Microsoft's decision to follow through on their promise to reach out to the PC market and continue to promote developers like Remedy on the PC platform.

I am a huge fan of Remedy's work. I played Max Payne on PC when it first launched all those years ago and feel obligated to tell fans of The Matrix movies that the concept of bullet-time originated in Finland! After playing Max Payne 2, I bought an Xbox 360 so I could experience Alan Wake (a game I consider to be one of my all time favourites). When Alan Wake was announced for PC I bought the Collector's Edition and came to these forums to thank Remedy for their efforts to bring a sublime game to the platform and commend them for producing an excellent port - quite possibly the best example of how to port a game to PC. My sealed copy of the Collector's Edition sits proudly on my shelf, beckoning me to book a holiday to Finland and ask Sam Lake to sign it for me! Ha!

I believe the team at Remedy have mastered the art of blending story with gameplay. And in an age where the latter tends to overrule the former, it is refreshing to see some developers adhering to the principle of giving the reader/viewer/player 'the why' you should spend time and effort engaging with a piece of interactive media. I hope this tenet remains a staple in Remedy's strategy long into the future.

With today's wonderful news of Quantum Break coming to PC, I wanted to share my gratitude and appreciation for paying tribute to your original fanbase and for Microsoft's approval of this decision to publish on PC. I know you are probably unable to confirm these details just now, but could you perhaps give an idea as to what digital platforms Quantum Break will appear on? Will it come to Steam? And will the game be restricted to Windows 10?

Again, thank you for all your efforts. You have made an old fan extremely happy and excited to experience your newest title on my platform of preference.

Well it's up for preorder right now on the Xbox Live Marketplace. My guess is that like the new Tomb Raider you should be able to buy it in the Windows Store for PC

Edit: I'm not kidding about this. If you buy the game on Xbox One right now through the Xbox digital marketplace you will get the PC version for free. That's why I brought up that it was up on the Xbox store right now.
    Last edited by Maniac; 02-11-2016, 04:02 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Congratulations to pc gamers out there. Enjoy the game. I am a console gamer myself but more people able to enjoy it the better.
      My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Liber8or View Post
        First of all, I want to thank Sam Lake and the team at Remedy for developing, what appears to be, an intelligent, dynamic, and exciting title for a large cross-section of the gaming community to enjoy. Secondly, I applaud Microsoft's decision to follow through on their promise to reach out to the PC market and continue to promote developers like Remedy on the PC platform.

I am a huge fan of Remedy's work. I played Max Payne on PC when it first launched all those years ago and feel obligated to tell fans of The Matrix movies that the concept of bullet-time originated in Finland! After playing Max Payne 2, I bought an Xbox 360 so I could experience Alan Wake (a game I consider to be one of my all time favourites). When Alan Wake was announced for PC I bought the Collector's Edition and came to these forums to thank Remedy for their efforts to bring a sublime game to the platform and commend them for producing an excellent port - quite possibly the best example of how to port a game to PC. My sealed copy of the Collector's Edition sits proudly on my shelf, beckoning me to book a holiday to Finland and ask Sam Lake to sign it for me! Ha!

I believe the team at Remedy have mastered the art of blending story with gameplay. And in an age where the latter tends to overrule the former, it is refreshing to see some developers adhering to the principle of giving the reader/viewer/player 'the why' you should spend time and effort engaging with a piece of interactive media. I hope this tenet remains a staple in Remedy's strategy long into the future.

With today's wonderful news of Quantum Break coming to PC, I wanted to share my gratitude and appreciation for paying tribute to your original fanbase and for Microsoft's approval of this decision to publish on PC. I know you are probably unable to confirm these details just now, but could you perhaps give an idea as to what digital platforms Quantum Break will appear on? Will it come to Steam? And will the game be restricted to Windows 10?

Again, thank you for all your efforts. You have made an old fan extremely happy and excited to experience your newest title on my platform of preference.
        ​Beautifully said! I share these feelings as well.

Comment

Working...
        X