No announcement yet.

Thanks for ruining a great game with the [SPOILER]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After building a really great story, it is sad to see that Remedy ruined it at the end with a cheap boss fight. So many more things could have been done. A fight with Paul based on Cronon Power Vs Cronon Power for example. Paul IMHO should have changed and become a Shifter and the fight should have continued based on that. Also another missed opportinuty is the Shifter that Hatch released in the lab explosion did nothing at the end. I believe this Shifter is Dr.Kim and he should have come back as the ultimate boss giving Jack a helluva fight. Alas after playing the last chaperts in Act V always scared that I have to fight with a Shifter, after reading so many scary things about them from Dr. Amaral's logs, no Shifter fight took place. After making a game about time, looks like Remedy ran out of time not only to make a proper PC port, but may be ran out of time to create a great final boss fight.
    Last edited by GameBunny77; 04-13-2016, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they definitely should have been added a Shifter fight. I was waiting the whole time for Dr. kim, Paul or Hatch to appear as Shifters.
      I guess Remedy is saving the Shifters for its potential sequel/DLC.
      "Reality is overrated."

Comment

The fight really wasn't that bad. After I realised how to escape the blast, I beat it in a single try, in normal difficulty. I was kinda disappointed with the lack of a shifter fight though. Dr. Kim merely disappears and is nowhere to be seen after that one scene.
        The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

CatoNator You are dead on. I too wanted and expected to deal with a shifter. I thought the game still had a hour to go before the credits rolled. I loved the game, I just felt like it was building up to an enconter with one of the two shifters. Maybe in part 2?

Comment

Spoilers Possible just in case:

I have to agree with the inconsistency. It feels like there is an issue that can pop up that causes the attack to hit even when the game indicates you are in the clear. Which is a tough situation for any play. When that issue is not happening it can be an easy fight, even on hard, and feels like the rest of the game. I think there is something that needs looked at. I am absolutely positive that the attack "stuck" and went on way longer than it should have many times on me. And then dying while not in the attack area even.

About the shifters and other stuff if one wants to read:

As for shifters I wonder if Serene sees Jack as the guy who will fight this. This final battle is as a way to show him and test him since they can kill instantly. Jack reads that message which was obviously left by Hatch. Then he gets that call from Serene. Jack tells Serene he did not have to kill Will to which Serene says I will explain later. It seems, at least to me, that he knew that Jack was going to go back and rescue Will. And he also knew they would set off the CFR and that would give Serene more time.

It just feels that way. Also, Dr. Amaral says: "its really happening" when Jack saves her from the drone crash that is frozen. It is like Serene has already told her about it and what would go on. She knew to send Beth to the future and where. Serene told her. She just was not telling Jack. And it was known that Jack would go back himself and meet Beth, the one who had been there 11 years, and things would proceed. Hatch was trying to stop this all from happening, as well as the life boat from being activated, to bring on the end time sooner if he could. The shifters are probably going to play a larger roll later now that Dr. Kim is free. Dr. Kim could be a leader within the shifters and I feel like he is important to the shifters future plans and thus it was important he was saved.

Comment

No it's not only you, it would appear there are other horrible players out there.

Comment

Dont forget that Serene actually vanised after the last cut scene jump unlike Jack and Will. So may be he is going to come back as a shifter too along with Dr. Kim.

Comment

This final battle was a lot better than the alan wake fight where he took on a tornado. OP = go have a margarita and chill. You sound like a child
                  QB looks NICE

Comment

If i sound like a child, why the hell do you propose I drink a Margarita?!
                    do you feel like a cool dude when you call someone you don't know a child? most people that do that on the internet, ARE actually children.
                    if you do not agree, you do not have to participate in this thread, so run a long...

this end fight still has ruin my feelings for the game, its sad, i really liked the game. make a QB and give a fuck with the boss fight, they do not NEED to be there

Comment

Sound like, not actually are....
                      QB looks NICE

Comment

Originally posted by Stammy View Post
                        Spoiler subforum would be nice indeed!
                        Saw this thread title when I was only into act 4 and thought damn!

Comment

Edit your thread title... Whiner...

Comment

cant do it... whiner..
                            and seriously if you don't know this would happen you are really stupid.

Comment

I've done it finally!! i beat Paul in Act 5 Part 3 Final Moments. I will admit i looked up the solution on Google coz i was completely stumped but after reading how to avoid dying and how to beat him i did it finally, it took me about 10 attempts before i did it. this brings to an end a very entertaining and great storyline game however im not finished, going to play again and choose all the opposite choices and see how differently the game plays out

Comment

Originally posted by NiRd View Post
                                cant do it... whiner..
                                and seriously if you don't know this would happen you are really stupid.
                                And so now, after ruining the ending for some people, you call those same people stupid?
                                There is such a thing as hope, some may have hoped it would end differently, some not, either way it is their experience and not yours to interfere with but most importantly show a little maturity and respect for the people who saw this thread while playing through QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X