No announcement yet.

Thanks for ruining a great game with the [SPOILER]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completed the game this morning. I died once during the boss fight, but I would hardly consider it game breaking, and I was playing on normal difficulty. I'm replaying the whole game on hard now. I'll comment again if my experience in the highest difficulty is any different but really I believe the boss difficulty is greatly exaggerated. And mods please rename this topic or if you can't, move it.

Comment

I thought that the End Fight was a "classic we all knew it, that we're gonna take on the main villain Boss Fight at the End of a game". Nothing special really, Paul's Instakill ability was a bit confusing at first, but that's okay for an Endfight.

But I gotta agree with some of you folks on the shifters. You read a lot of things about shifters throughout the game, and i was really looking forward to fight them, but meh.
      I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzuri View Post

And so now, after ruining the ending for some people, you call those same people stupid?
        There is such a thing as hope, some may have hoped it would end differently, some not, either way it is their experience and not yours to interfere with but most importantly show a little maturity and respect for the people who saw this thread while playing through QB.
        Ruining the ending?, at the start of the game you know who is the end boss its a "classic we all knew it, that we're gonna take on the main villain Boss Fight at the End of a game".
        so yeah if this is a spoiler and whining about that, and have no clue that you are going to fight Serene, you are stupid.
        i would have changed the title if i could.

Comment

I do agree in some ways that Paul was the obvious choice for the final boss from the opening minutes of the game.
          There was always the possibility that Remedy could've gone with a twist and thrown someone else in there, or even not done a "final boss" moment.

But, Paul was the obvious story beat.

But, the issue with this final fight lies in what is simply poor design. You fight a wave of enemies, while avoiding one hit kills attacks from a guy behind a shield... shoot him once. Literally one bullet.
          Then, fight another wave of enemies, again avoiding instant kill attacks... and again, one more bullet wins.

You can kill Paul with two bullets.
          He is actually weaker then the majority of the soldiers you fight in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by NiRd View Post
            that not the point, this is something i see in games over and over. IT IS NOT FUN to do things over and over and over and over, because of stupid game breaking things.
            they make a 10/10 game, now because of this fight its a 5/10 or bellow.
            Thanks again Remedy way to go, I had fun up till this moment...

just wanted to echo this statement exactly. this game was an insta-recommend, 10/10 game IMO, up until the last battle. It really left me with a sour taste.

Comment

also, was anyone else's first instinct when they saw the cloud of red to use the shield bubble?

i thought it would have made sense to beat the final boss's power with the 1st power you obtained, but i had to learn i was mistaken, over and over and over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by varunaX View Post
                also, was anyone else's first instinct when they saw the cloud of red to use the shield bubble?

i thought it would have made sense to beat the final boss's power with the 1st power you obtained, but i had to learn i was mistaken, over and over and over and over again

I thought the bubble shield would prevent getting hurt by Paul's attack. I'm not even sure that it didn't prevent that. I'm going through the game on my second playthrough, so I'll have to play around with that.

The last fight was a little frustrating because I wasn't sure what was killing me at first. Then I noticed that I was being surrounded by red when I died, so I then started trying to run away from it, and use my bubble shield.

Comment

The bubble shield does not work on any of Paul's attacks

Comment

I can see a little frustration arise with the final battle but I don't think it was that bad. Saying it ruined the game is a bit much but everyone is different I suppose.

Comment

skip, i can understand how people say it ruins the game.

gamers have no problem spending hours re-trying and re-trying and re-trying a 'level' when they know it was their fault which caused them to fail. (think meatboy, ori tree level etc) thats what makes gamers arguably the most determined people on the planet!

but when you fail repeatidly due to something you cant control or for no reason, then i understand how people can get frustrated, give up and just want to watch the ending on youtube.

remedy should know this. they should have seen how people would react. they should have seen the future

Comment

Originally posted by varunaX View Post
                        The bubble shield does not work on any of Paul's attacks
                        I beat the game again this last weekend, and I still ended up using the shield for those two huge room filling blast Paul uses. I used it because it doesn't seem like I can get far enough away from those two blast.

Comment

bizarro, no way. i have video proof that the bubble shield has no effect on his red blast. i thought it did too initially, which is why i kept trying to use it. but the red will still kill you even if you have a full on bubble shield

Comment

Originally posted by Stammy View Post
                            Yes, there are some flaws in game-design of the last fight. It is somewhat confusing to know why you died sometimes.
                            I especially loved when I died jumping into the pool to avoid Paul's attacks and died even though Jack landed on his feet... Not that I didn't know why I died, but it was kinda funny.

Comment

May be in a near future update Remedy can fix the auto save feature after the Video cut scene and create an auto save point after level 1 fight with Serene ? Something for Remedy to consider ?

Comment

That last battle ruined the game for me as well. I really enjoyed it until that point. Now I will never be able to finish the game and hence will remember it very poorly. I have died over 15 times trying to beat it and have had enough.
                                I have played many Remedy games over the years including several Max Payne and Alan Wake games. Quantum Break was also excellent. Excellent story, excellent graphics, excellent atmosphere. All right until the final boss fight. I am not giving any spoilers here. I just want to say that that last fight was cheap, not fun, and extremely difficult, to the point that I can't actually finish this game. This last encounter ruined the entire game for me. I am taking it to Gamestop tomorrow to try and get some of my money back and am planning on leaving negative feedback on Amazon as well. What idiot thought it would be fun to continuously die for no reason whatsoever (and sorry, but red lights on the ground that seem to be EVERYWHERE that you can't escape from is not exactly what I would call intuitive.

And before the Remedy Apologists come on here and say "get gud", I am not the only one with this feedback as many people are complaining about this ridiculous boss fight. I play games to relax and have fun. I had neither with this last encounter.

Comment

Working...
                                X