No announcement yet.

Thanks for ruining a great game with the [SPOILER]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After I watched all the videos and read how to pass the finish boss, I still can not get past - tried for more than 200 times (!!!!!!). It's just crazy!! This is VERY annoying and not fun!!! Last time was killed for "no reason like" (of course they were red rays...) when I tried to kill followed by a survivor - a heavy machine gunner. It overwhelmed my patience and I went off to watch the final game on YouTube. This last stage reduces user ratings roughly twice!!! "Remedy" fix it in the patch (although it is a little hope for - the game is already sold).

Comment

Remedy still can if they wish make the final boss fight less frustrating by moving the check point at the end of the cut scene and introducing a new check point before Paul starts his second wave of attack. But will they do it. I highly doubt it. But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
        Remedy still can if they wish make the final boss fight less frustrating by moving the check point at the end of the cut scene and introducing a new check point before Paul starts his second wave of attack. But will they do it. I highly doubt it. But who knows.
        I completely agree! Even such a simple method can be used to improve the final battle.

Comment

Question is why the game companies dont listen to user feedbacks and release a patch to improve the situation - somethings that makes the game better ?! Even Thomas in his twiter account suggested he got stuck in the Final boss battle for 3 hours+ on hard difficulty level.

Why didnt he ring the alarm bell then ? Surely he noticed the issue of going through the cut scene every time the boss battle starts. Why didnt he point it out to the devs then ?!

Comment

In gaming the time will always come when you'll face an enemy, usually in the form of a boss, which requires a specific strategy to defeat. My advice is keep moving, slow down time and dash as much as possible when the floor is red.

Comment

Yep and really, welcome to making games. It always sounds so easy to fix things, but it is not. Everybody did their best to make the end fight as good as it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasRMD View Post
                Yep and really, welcome to making games. It always sounds so easy to fix things, but it is not. Everybody did their best to make the end fight as good as it could be.
                I am sure nobody in their right mind think that fixing something is easy, specially something as complex project as a multi-platform game. I work in a software company myself and I know how difficult it is to fix issues. The question here is not if it is easy or difficult to fix things. The question here is based on user feedback, is the software company willing to spend additional time and resources to fix the issue to make the end user experience better in case a issue is raised and amply proved. So is Remedy willing to fix the end Boss battle by creating appropriate auto save points now that the issue is amply proved ?

Remedy did a wonderful thing listening to feedback and releasing that huge 1.7.0.0 patch that fixed and rectified so many things. The result is the rave Steam reviews the game is getting now, and fully justified no doubt. It is indeed a fabulous game. Question is can and will Remedy do it again in this instance ?

Comment

I'm almost certain the lack of checkpoint is there for good reason. If you load the checkpoint and explore the area before the cutscene starts you have access to a full arsenal of weapons and ammo strewn about the environment.

This was likely done to enable players to choose their favorite weapons before the combat section. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be stuck in a checkpoint with no ammo and inappropriate weapons for the fight ahead.

Comment

Even if you use that logic, there still should have been a second auto save point before Paul resumes his second round of all mighty attacks.

Comment

I didn't complete the game until yesterday (due to a lack of Xbox One and spare time during matriculation exams), and I actually enjoyed the last boss fight?

I had enjoyed QB very much up until that point, and as I felt a big boss fight was approaching, I actually leaned back, joined my hands and thought to myself "finally!". It felt very rewarding to have a good old showdone, a hard one for that case, since I often feel video games are getting a bit too easy these days.

All in all I thought QB was a very enjoyable experience, even though not as emotionally touching as Alan Wake was, but still, a very good and ambitious game. I only wish it'd get as much attention as Remedy deserves for their hard work.
                      This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

^ showdown* who needs proof-reading anyways?
                        This is, if you excuse me, a DAMN fine cup of coffee"

Comment

I agree , the boss fight was totally lame ,
                          why all games think they should have a point where you fight someone called " boss " !! games need story now more than gameplay ... not boss fights those ages are over it's not mortal kombat

look at life is strange not a single fight yet one of the best games , if there was no fighting in this game I wouldn't be disappointed

that aside some games might need boss fight , but this one seriously ? at least they could do it in a better way ... !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X