Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB to release on Steam in the future?

Here is an interview with phil spencer:

EDIT: Remedy's new forum website is terrible. Anyway, here is the working link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6440958/
    Last edited by arugula; 06-17-2016, 07:04 AM.
    ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
    32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Yup, vBulletin 5 is a real piece of work. Security issues were to only reason the forums were updated, and I'm still looking for a more bareboned theme / software to run this place on.

Regarding marketplaces: from a developer point of view you naturally want to get the game to as many people as possible, but essentially it's a publisher decision. Personally I wouldn't mind having some steamy time-bending action going on

Comment

Another source from arstechnica.

No games were listed as becoming active but it seems Microsoft is now open to having their games on platforms better designed for games.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post
        Yup, vBulletin 5 is a real piece of work. Security issues were to only reason the forums were updated, and I'm still looking for a more bareboned theme / software to run this place on.

Regarding marketplaces: from a developer point of view you naturally want to get the game to as many people as possible, but essentially it's a publisher decision. Personally I wouldn't mind having some steamy time-bending action going on
        Fingers crossed it's a sort of time-exclusive sort of thing, and after a year or so they'll publish it to Steam.

Comment

Glad to hear improvements will be made! Using this forum on an iphone/ipad is tough.

Indeed, and that is why I have always stated MSFT marketing decisions are poor and making things exclusive is bad. Why they are trying to compete with Steam is dumb. If they list their games on steam they have more of a chance of a sale. If MSFT wants to support PC gaming more like they say they do then why do it in a closed off environment like UWP? Why not support something that already has a solid player base?

They should make their games available for both Steam and Win 10 store. Either way, a sale is made. If their Win store exclusives are each failing to sell barely 200k then thats a problem they fail to see. No one is using it because of the current conditions and how poorly MSFT handled GFWL. If you are a gamer and are now on Win 10, there is a very high chance you already have a big library in steam.

Steam has 125 million accounts. Even if you cut those numbers in half due to people making duplicates. That is still over 60 million people. If you support PC and steam is a big part of PC gamers then they should be publishing on steam too. Not a closed off UWP environment.

Comment

I just hope if it gets released on Steam too, people like me who have the game on PC Win10 UWP Store are able to port the game to Steam for free !

Comment

The cat is out of the bag: Quantum Break coming to Steam and physically to PC retail on September 14th! http://www.remedygames.com/quantum-b...-of-september/

Comment

The cat is out of the bag: Quantum Break coming to Steam and physically to PC retail on September 14th! http://www.remedygames.com/quantum-b...-of-september/
                Any chance those of us with Win 10 versions can get a free Steam version of the game? I still haven't played it after all these months due to the performance issues.

Comment

Originally posted by defred34 View Post

Any chance those of us with Win 10 versions can get a free Steam version of the game? I still haven't played it after all these months due to the performance issues.
                  It doesn't say anything about Win10 copies in the official press release but it does say the retail CE will include a steam key.

Comment

Yeah, that is some good news!

​Looking forward to that Timeless Collectors Edition!
                    I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

OMG YES!!!! QB Steam page now Live!!!! Thank You MSFT and Remedy!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/474960/

Comment

Working...
                      X