Question to Remedy now that the game will be available on Steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to Remedy now that the game will be available on Steam

First of all I am very please that Quantum Break will be available on Steam. I have the win 10 UWP version but don't mind having a Steam version at all cause the game is just so awesome . I have the following questions though if Remedy don't mind answering

1) Will in this version we PC gamers will finally be available to download all the Videos and archive it locally ?
    2) Will the Steam version have SLI capability ? Or is it still beyond Remedy's scope ?
    3) Can users have the option of choosing whether they want to run the game in DX11 or DX12 at startup ? Not a big deal to be honest if it always picks DX 12 as I am on Win 10.
    4) why is the Physical Special Edition not available in Australia ? I can't see it in EB Games Australia the physical Special Edition at all and it is EB Games who have the biggest retail chain in Australia !

I don't know if the first three questions have been discussed yet, but I may be able to help you with the fourth. There was a discussion on here a few days ago because of similar confusion over Gamestop. It's possible that EB Games Australia might sell it, especially if they have sold other games published by Nordic Games such as the PC versions of Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare or Death Rally. It's probably not showing because those kind of details haven't been announced yet. But more information about where you can buy will be announced by Nordic Games closer to 14th September.

Remedy's Head of PR, Thomas Puha, commented on that thread as well to clarify the issue:

Originally posted by ThomasRMD View Post
    Nordic Games will release information where the Timeless Collectors Edition will be sold in the upcoming weeks alongside more details.
    The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
      First of all I am very please that Quantum Break will be available on Steam. I have the win 10 UWP version but don't mind having a Steam version at all cause the game is just so awesome . I have the following questions though if Remedy don't mind answering

1) Will in this version we PC gamers will finally be available to download all the Videos and archive it locally ?
      2) Will the Steam version have SLI capability ? Or is it still beyond Remedy's scope ?
      3) Can users have the option of choosing whether they want to run the game in DX11 or DX12 at startup ? Not a big deal to be honest if it always picks DX 12 as I am on Win 10.
      4) why is the Physical Special Edition not available in Australia ? I can't see it in EB Games Australia the physical Special Edition at all and it is EB Games who have the biggest retail chain in Australia !
      Can only answer one of those for sure:

1) No, it was said already that the TV Episodes will be streamed just as the Win10 version.

In regards to SLI, since they are moving to DX11 rendering path I think there is a bigger chance of SLI being supported. I hope it does. And i´m interested too about the Collector´s Edition, but I´m pretty sure it won´t be released in Brazil. =/ Bummer.

Comment

To summarize Jaden & tioslash and answer the rest:

1) Video offline mode remains Xbox One exclusive feature.
        2) Similar to the Windows 10 version, Quantum Break doesn't support SLI on Steam / PC retail.
        3) Steam / PC retail versions use DX11 and Windows 10 Store version uses DX12.
        4) THQ Nordic (retail distributor) will announce more details about the Special Edition availability closer to launch.

And to answer a question that eventually comes up somewhere sometime:

I got the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break when I bought the Xbox One version. Will I get the Steam version for free as well?
        The free Windows 10 version was a bonus item for Xbox One pre-orders. The pre-order campaign ended when the game launched last April.

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply Lauri. It is very much appreciated. Can I just get one clarification though from your kind answer regarding your reply to third point. Does that mean Steam version will use only DX11 and never ever DX12 even on Windows 10 OS ?

Thanking you

GameBunny77

Comment

How about the questions like this:
            "I bought the broken Windows 10 version on day #1 for 70€. Will I get the Steam version for "free" as well so I can actually play the game months after the release ?"
            Last edited by Kane54; 08-17-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

There have been no announcements about Steam keys for anyone who already has the game on the windows store. However steam keys are being included in every retail copy of the PC CE. So if you buy the game on a physical medium you'll get a steam key with it.

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply Lauri. It is very much appreciated. Can I just get one clarification though from your kind answer regarding your reply to third point. Does that mean Steam version will use only DX11 and never ever DX12 even on Windows 10 OS ?

Thanking you

GameBunny77
                Steam is DX11 exclusive and Windows Store DX12 exclusive.

Originally posted by Kane54 View Post
                How about the questions like this:
                "I bought the broken Windows 10 version on day #1 for 70€. Will I get the Steam version for "free" as well so I can actually play the game months after the release ?"
                Sorry to hear that the W10 version isn't working for you. Have you tried getting it refunded? http://steamcommunity.com/app/474960...2137535401279/

Comment

Sorry to hear that the W10 version isn't working for you. Have you tried getting it refunded? http://steamcommunity.com/app/474960...2137535401279/
                  If he bought it on "day #1" they will not refund it - even though if he didn't play with the game because waited for patches, fixes, perf improvements, etc. I know because I tried it last week and MS support refused to give me a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by szb84 View Post

If he bought it on "day #1" they will not refund it - even though if he didn't play with the game because waited for patches, fixes, perf improvements, etc. I know because I tried it last week and MS support refused to give me a refund.
                    That is odd. BillClay mentioned he was able to get a refund without issue under similar circumstances.

Comment

Yeah that's why I tried. I wanted to buy it on steam since the Store version still has it's own issues...
                      First they said I should contact my bank, I did my bank said they can't reverse anything. I contacted them again and second time the customer support assistant said they can't give me a refund because I purchased it months ago. Maybe he got lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post

Thanks for the clarification Lauri. Appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post

If Steam is DX11 exclusive, then why on the game's page it says in the system requirements that the minimum spec is DX11 and the recommended is DX12 ???
                          System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
                            • Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
                            • Memory: 8 GB RAM
                            • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
                            • DirectX: Version 11
                            • Storage: 68 GB available space
                          • RECOMMENDED:
                            • Processor: Intel Core i5 4690, 3.9GHz or AMD equivalent
                            • Memory: 16 GB RAM
                            • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
                            • DirectX: Version 12
                            • Storage: 68 GB available space
                          Source : http://store.steampowered.com/app/474960/

Plus I've had a chat with a Microsoft Answer Deck's Technician and they told be that DX11 mode will be available on the Windows Store version of the game later on. Were they lying to me ?

Comment

Here's one more question, if somebody can answer it: I bought the Windows Store version on launch day. While the game has mostly been playable, it has still had some issues with significant slowdown and DRM features triggering (not sure if the game has updated properly). Can I somehow change the Windows Store version to the Steam version?
                            The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

As we've posted before there have been no announcements about steam offers for Windows store owners.

However, anyone who picks up the timeless PC collectors edition at retail will get a free one time use steam code included in their game. If you prefer physical media (I know I do) it's a great option.

Comment

Working...
                              X