No announcement yet.

Question to Remedy now that the game will be available on Steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The page now lists the information correctly.

Originally posted by aligator187 View Post

If Steam is DX11 exclusive, then why on the game's page it says in the system requirements that the minimum spec is DX11 and the recommended is DX12 ???
    System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
      • Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Storage: 68 GB available space
    • RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor: Intel Core i5 4690, 3.9GHz or AMD equivalent
      • Memory: 16 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
      • DirectX: Version 12
      • Storage: 68 GB available space
    Source : http://store.steampowered.com/app/474960/

Plus I've had a chat with a Microsoft Answer Deck's Technician and they told be that DX11 mode will be available on the Windows Store version of the game later on. Were they lying to me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post

1) Video offline mode remains Xbox One exclusive feature.
      I understand/respect the possibility that you maybe can't do anything about this, but that doesn't make it any less absurd. Aside from that this is exclusive to the platform probably least likely to use it. PC users are more likely to have the space for this. Xbox users probably aren't in the same situation, even with the 1 TB consoles becoming more prevalent.

Anyway, there's nothing new for me to say about offline episodes for PC that hasn't already been said. I was able to get a refund today despite purchasing it at launch. The game ran well enough, and the story seemed interesting, but the online episodes were completely unwatchable on a good Internet connection. Even if there weren't streaming/server problems this is still alienating anyone with slow Internet. Here's to hoping the Steam version performs a bit better and someone comes up with a workaround allowing for offline episodes.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Knightfall31 View Post

I understand/respect the possibility that you maybe can't do anything about this, but that doesn't make it any less absurd. Aside from that this is exclusive to the platform probably least likely to use it. PC users are more likely to have the space for this. Xbox users probably aren't in the same situation, even with the 1 TB consoles becoming more prevalent.

Anyway, there's nothing new for me to say about offline episodes for PC that hasn't already been said. I was able to get a refund today despite purchasing it at launch. The game ran well enough, and the story seemed interesting, but the online episodes were completely unwatchable on a good Internet connection. Even if there weren't streaming/server problems this is still alienating anyone with slow Internet. Here's to hoping the Steam version performs a bit better and someone comes up with a workaround allowing for offline episodes.

Cheers
        I can´t understand really the thought process behind this decision. As yourself, I also have a very good internet connection and the show has so much stuttering and hitching, it is unbelievable. I can only imagine people with not so good speeds. Who thought it was a good idea to have a TV show that is being streamed at 4K with no option to lower the quality besides some stupid workaround like starting downloading something as you are watching it so that the stream is forced to lower the quality itself and EVEN THEN run poorly? And then on top of it not offer the option to download it?

Comment

Originally posted by tioslash View Post

I can´t understand really the thought process behind this decision. As yourself, I also have a very good internet connection and the show has so much stuttering and hitching, it is unbelievable. I can only imagine people with not so good speeds. Who thought it was a good idea to have a TV show that is being streamed at 4K with no option to lower the quality besides some stupid workaround like starting downloading something as you are watching it so that the stream is forced to lower the quality itself and EVEN THEN run poorly? And then on top of it not offer the option to download it?
          This might be a bit far fetched but maybe they think it's more safe against cracking attempts like that, if you must go online to have some of the content.

Comment

Originally posted by thatsage View Post
            This might be a bit far fetched but maybe they think it's more safe against cracking attempts like that, if you must go online to have some of the content.
            I think it's more likely that MS is behind this rule, trying to give the Xbox version some edge over PC.

Comment

The version here was a complete rip off. Zero optimizations and zero attention from Remedy. Now after they saw how badly it sold here and probably 50% refunded their purchases they decided to sing a different tune and to sell it on Steam as well. If the port on Steam is anything like the one here I wouldn't hold my breath to play it there either. Let's hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pecone View Post
                The version here was a complete rip off. Zero optimizations and zero attention from Remedy. Now after they saw how badly it sold here and probably 50% refunded their purchases they decided to sing a different tune and to sell it on Steam as well. If the port on Steam is anything like the one here I wouldn't hold my breath to play it there either. Let's hope I am wrong.
                There were four patches released so far for the Win10 version (all of these improvements are included in the retail / Steam SKU).

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasRMD View Post

There were four patches released so far for the Win10 version (all of these improvements are included in the retail / Steam SKU).
                  Sure there were-but it's not the quantity of the patches that matter-it's the quality. The game is a complete mess on PC. It stutters, it crashes, it is inconsistent...It is one of the worst PC ports ever...right next to Batman AK. If the level of optimization on the Steam version is the same as the one here...get ready for a wave of negative reviews and refunds on Steam as well. Good luck!

Comment

In my three times through the campaign I never once experienced a crash. No stuttering or hitching. Yes, FPS were lower then I hoped for, and overall performance was disappointing. But, the game was far from being "one of the worst PC ports ever"...
                    Hell, I've played PC exclusives that were released in worth condition that were never updated once.
                    Now, I know what happened for me is not what happens for all, and I'm not saying that. But, people need to realize that those with bad experiences also don't speak for everyone.

And really, people give STEAM reviews far too much credit.
                    As if they are some set in stone word of God factual statement on the quality of a title. When the majority of the negative reviews are either people with 1 hour or less of playtime crapping on the game because it's not what they thought it would be.
                    Or people with WAY too much time in the game. After spending hundreds of hours... they post a review calling the game crap and saying it isn't worth their time.

It's why I stopped reading or writing any reviews on STEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post

To summarize Jaden & tioslash and answer the rest:

1) Video offline mode remains Xbox One exclusive feature.

3) Steam / PC retail versions use DX11 and Windows 10 Store version uses DX12.
                      I wonder what is the agenda behind all this? It shouldn't be too hard to implement dx versions either way.
                      It's really hard to stomach for a paying customer that the distribution platforms are supported in different ways. It is well known that dx11 outperforms dx12 on certain hardware configurations, Especially Nvidia Cards could profit performancewise from DX11. I am very dissappointed.

Comment

It is beyond shitty of you guys not to add DX11 to the Windows store version. DX12 is nothing but a joke in this game and only hurts performance so that means Steam users will end up with the best playable version thus screwing over people that bought the Windows store version that was supposed to be exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by trek554 View Post
                          It is beyond shitty of you guys not to add DX11 to the Windows store version. DX12 is nothing but a joke in this game and only hurts performance so that means Steam users will end up with the best playable version thus screwing over people that bought the Windows store version that was supposed to be exclusive.
                          This is decided by the publisher, not the developer. So this is Microsoft's decision. Not Remedy's fault.

Comment

Working...
                          X