Steam controller support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mintos5
    started a topic Steam controller support?

Steam controller support?

I really wish that Steam version of Quantum Break will have some kind support for SteamController.
    The must have function is simultaneous mouse and gamepad input (so you can aim with mouse/touchpad on SteamContoller and move with left analog stick).
    Another great function is to lock input prompts to xbox style (so when you aim with mouse/touchpad you will see xbox prompts).
    Is there a chance to have some of this functions in the steam version?
    BTW: really liked the game, certainly will buy the game from Steam with SC support.

• mintos5
    replied
    Originally posted by Lauri View Post
    As mentioned earlier, the game shows you both prompts if you have controller and keyboard + mouse plugged in. Unplugging either one disables the other's prompts.
    Yes Yes, I know. But SteamController is mixing controller input with mouse input. So in most cases, the games show sometimes xbox prompts and sometimes kb+m prompts.
    This is common issue in many games with SteamController.
    The best solution is to add setting to set prompts to kb+m,xbox,auto. maybe ps4 prompts too (Evolve for example has this setting)
    Alternative way: don`t switch to kb+m prompts when user is using mouse input, (I think the new doom game works this way)

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    As mentioned earlier, the game shows you both prompts if you have controller and keyboard + mouse plugged in. Unplugging either one disables the other's prompts.

Leave a comment:

• mintos5
    replied
    Hello again. Any good news about the xbox prompts? (Simple toggle will be great :-)

Leave a comment:

• mintos5
    commented on 's reply
    That is great. Maybe you can change to mouse+keyboard prompts only when player press keyboard buttons. So players with SteamController can use xbox mappings (for left stick and buttons) and mouse look with xbox prompts.

• Lauri
    replied
    Originally posted by mintos5 View Post
    I really wish that Steam version of Quantum Break will have some kind support for SteamController.
    The must have function is simultaneous mouse and gamepad input (so you can aim with mouse/touchpad on SteamContoller and move with left analog stick).
    Another great function is to lock input prompts to xbox style (so when you aim with mouse/touchpad you will see xbox prompts).
    Is there a chance to have some of this functions in the steam version?
    BTW: really liked the game, certainly will buy the game from Steam with SC support.
    I had a go at the Quantum Break build with the Steam Controller and basically everything can be mapped any way you like. The prompts are based on your mappings ("press X to activate" etc.), and it actually shows you both the controller and the mouse+keyboard prompts if you use multiple inputs simultaneously. So to answer your first question too, the simultaneous inputs work nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Jaden
    replied
    Hey mintos5! Welcome to the forums. At the moment, the control system for the Steam version hasn't been discussed that much yet. It may be a topic which will be returned to closer to the release date. I checked on the Quantum Break Steam page though, and they are saying that the game will have "full controller support" and they have an advertisement for Big Picture Mode with an image of the Steam Controller in the description. It's certainly looking promising so far, but you may want to check back to this thread or the Steam page every now and again in case there's any updates about that, especially as Steam can be a little weird sometimes whether "full controller support" includes their controller or not.
    Last edited by Jaden; 08-21-2016, 06:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X