Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the DX11 (steam) version on preform the same as the DX12 (store) version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the DX11 (steam) version on preform the same as the DX12 (store) version?

I am concerned about you making DX11 exclusive to steam and DX12 exclusive to Windows Store. Can you guarantee the same level of performance and stability? If you are not giving either version access to the other, I think it unfair as that means you will support only some of your customers better, because they bought your game at a later date than the rest. Currently the game often crashes for me, an Nvidia user, and I can't help but think the DX11 version might end up being more stable, and that it may even end up running better on cards like mine, the 970. Now of course maybe there is no difference in performance or stability or feature-set, but, we have not seen a single example of that yet. So far there have always been performance variations between DX11 and DX12 versions of a single game, tested on the same system.

Is Nordic porting the DX11 version or just publishing it?

This game primarily being developed for Xbox One which have ATI cards inside them, I have a feeling that the performance on nVdia Dx11 version will perform worse. But only time will tell. Will be more then happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
      This game primarily being developed for Xbox One which have ATI cards inside them, I have a feeling that the performance on nVdia Dx11 version will perform worse. But only time will tell. Will be more then happy to be proven wrong.
      Quite the opposite. AMD hardware has a significant advantage in DX12 titles as demonstrated in several benchmarks and tests, especially if compared to Nvidia's Maxwell architecture. That coupled with overall bad optimization and you can see why cards like a GTX970 are performing so poorly. With the Steam version being DX11 only there is a good change Nvidia hardware will actually perform a lot better than on the current Win10 version.
      Last edited by tioslash; 08-28-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I am fully aware that AMD hardware have some advantage with DX12 titles and nVdia has advantage with DX11 titles. But like I said above, the game being primarily developed for Xbox One that uses ATI cards, and PC version being a very late decision, I still believe that that game will be way more optimized in DX12 then the DX11 port that will get shipped in Steam. But this is all just speculation to be honest. We will not know the real result till the game launches.

Comment

Originally posted by tioslash View Post

Quite the opposite. AMD hardware has a significant advantage in DX12 titles as demonstrated in several benchmarks and tests, especially if compared to Nvidia's Maxwell architecture. That coupled with overall bad optimization and you can see why cards like a GTX970 are performing so poorly. With the Steam version being DX11 only there is a good change Nvidia hardware will actually perform a lot better than on the current Win10 version.
          My thoughts exactly. Suffice it to say I'd be more surprised if that won't end up being the case. And to me this seems unjust both for people who've already bought the game, who will not get *full* support (won't get features the steam version gets like DX11). And at the same time it is also unjust to future customers who will buy the DX11 version and won't get access to DX12, which they may prefer in the future for their new systems.

Every copy of Quantum Break should offer both APIs, in my opinion, so no matter where someone bought it he can have the best possible experience.
          Last edited by thatsage; 08-28-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thatsage View Post
            Every copy of Quantum Break should offer both APIs, in my opinion, so no matter where someone bought it he can have the best possible experience.
            I completely agree. However I think that this is completely controlled by Microsoft and not Remedy. Unfortunately Microsoft does not have a Quantum Break forum where you can communicate with Microsoft regarding the game, so it is really bad and unfortunate situation for paying customers I must say. And I completely agree that the entire movie collection should be available for download, but again Microsoft high handedness. Really a shame what Microsoft is doing with this game .

Comment

Working...
            X