Timeless Collector’s physical release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeless Collector’s physical release

I pre-ordered the special edition from Amazon a month or so ago and just got an email saying they don't have a ship date set. When I go to the product page it says that it usually ships in 1 to 4 weeks.

You guys are all over twitter and YouTube advertising that the physical edition is releasing today but there's zero information about what's going on with it not being available. I looked at tons of other retailers and they're all saying it's backorder or out of stock.

This edition was the reason it was delayed a couple of weeks in the first place. Is there another issue with production and you just don't want bad PR so no one is saying anything? I just want to know why myself and many others (according to twitter) aren't receiving the game today along with all the people that chose to get it digitally. Please keep us in the loop.

First the 2 week delay and now this? And the best of all is THQ Nordic, the responsible for the retail version doesn´t answer or post anything about it. I´ve already had to import the game since in my country it is not available and then to my surprise Amazon US status says "usually ships in 1 to 4 weeks." Great.
    Last edited by tioslash; 09-29-2016, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely more on THQ Nordic than remedy but they're still advertising up a storm for a product that seemingly isn't there.

The lack of information is disappointing and I'm sure it's even worse being outside the US. My sympathies, buddy.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any new details so I can't help with any queries, but there was recently an update on the Timeless Collector's Edition in Russia. If you follow Remedy on Twitter, you may have already seen the post, but I just wanted to include it here for any fans currently searching the forums for details.

If you live in Russia, the physical Collector's Edition is still under evaluation and the game will only have the digital Steam version of the game at launch. Hopefully all goes well and there will be news soon! I will keep you updated if I see any more announcements. [Source. THQ Nordic / 26th Sept]

[Just for clarity, for new members who might see this post. I'm not employed by Remedy, I just do some moderating on the forums.]
        The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

We are as disappointed as you are as the release was moved from the 14th to ensure production could ship the Timeless Collectors Edition globally in good time to stores. I've visited Finnish gaming stores and they will have the Timeless Collectors Edition later during Friday, so over a day late. We are just as unhappy about this as you are and can only sympatize. I've emailed THQ Nordic to try and get some information.

Comment

I appreciate you replying. I hope you can get some kind of response from them. They've been avoiding just about everyone who asks about it on twitter. Right now THQ Nordic isn't restoring any faith in the THQ name and I'm sorry you guys paired up with them for the retail release. I'll keep checking back to see if you (a Remedy representative!) has more luck getting a response out of them. Thanks for your help Thomas.

Comment

I'm running into the same problem where Amazon still hasn't shipped this. Curious if we're going to see any sort of response regarding the physical copies not being made available. I did get an email from amazon on Oct 1 saying delivery date was now Oct 17-28. This doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence regarding the physical release.

Comment

Dont worry. The first batch has been sold out so THQ Nordic is delivering more copies from production facilities so that, unfortunately, takes time. You will get yours in time, but we completely get the frustration. We've all been there.

Having said that, we make the game the game here at Remedy and the publisher/distributor is responsible for shipping it around the world.

Comment

I desperately wanted the Timeless Collector's Edition. But could not find it any where in Australia. Ended up getting the Steam version. Feel disappointed that for the same price I could have got a nice shiny new packet and the making of Blu Ray disc and I missed out on them even though I paid the same price ! The Xbox One version was on sale day one about 6 months ago and is still for sell. Not sure if the same publisher is involved, but the publisher who did the job for the Xbox One version did the job correctly, THQ Nordic did not.

Thomas did THQ Nordic provide an explanation for such poor perfomance ? A customer looking to buy a product can not find it in shelves, this is very poor performance. Heads should roll whoseever fault it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
                    I desperately wanted the Timeless Collector's Edition. But could not find it any where in Australia. Ended up getting the Steam version. Feel disappointed that for the same price I could have got a nice shiny new packet and the making of Blu Ray disc and I missed out on them even though I paid the same price ! The Xbox One version was on sale day one about 6 months ago and is still for sell. Not sure if the same publisher is involved, but the publisher who did the job for the Xbox One version did the job correctly, THQ Nordic did not.

Thomas did THQ Nordic provide an explanation for such poor perfomance ? A customer looking to buy a product can not find it in shelves, this is very poor performance. Heads should roll whoseever fault it is.
                    Does any Amazon ship the Collector´s Edition to Australia? If so, how are the taxes?

I´ve bought it from Amazon US and paid a stupid amount of taxes, but I´m from Brazil, so that´s a given.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasRMD View Post
                      Dont worry. The first batch has been sold out so THQ Nordic is delivering more copies from production facilities so that, unfortunately, takes time. You will get yours in time, but we completely get the frustration. We've all been there.

Having said that, we make the game the game here at Remedy and the publisher/distributor is responsible for shipping it around the world.
                      Oh I definitely don't blame you guys at Remedy at all, but you're the only ones who seem to have any interest in responding to queries. On one hand I'm glad it's just sold out (it's an awesome package), but on the other hand it's on the distributor to do a good job of communication.

I've yet to see any indicator that anyone in the US has a physical copy of the game yet. Amazon appears to have been the only major US retailer who got the game and there's no indication anyone has received it yet.

Thanks again for the response.

Comment

I was in target and Best Buy today looking for the new Final fantasy XV movie and I was happy to see both stores still have PC sections, Quantum Break wasn't up for sale yet.

Comment

Originally posted by thestryker View Post

Oh I definitely don't blame you guys at Remedy at all, but you're the only ones who seem to have any interest in responding to queries. On one hand I'm glad it's just sold out (it's an awesome package), but on the other hand it's on the distributor to do a good job of communication.

I've yet to see any indicator that anyone in the US has a physical copy of the game yet. Amazon appears to have been the only major US retailer who got the game and there's no indication anyone has received it yet.

Thanks again for the response.
                          Amazon.com says they have the Timeless Collectors Edition in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasRMD View Post

Amazon.com says they have the Timeless Collectors Edition in stock.
                            You mean the message that´s showing now in the product´s page as "only 3 left in stock"? If so, that is from a seller from UK though, not Amazon US.

The product sold by Amazon.com is still as "Usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks".

Comment

Well I got another delivery update from Amazon saying Oct 10, so maybe they actually got some in, or at least know when the delivery is arriving. Still hasn't shipped however.

Comment

Working...
                              X