Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quantum Break on Project Scorpio? (Question to Remedy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Break on Project Scorpio? (Question to Remedy)

Will Remedy be working to create a patch for the Scorpio launch coming at the end of next year? This is a technologically masterful game and it would be wonderful to see if you guys have interest in updating the game for this advanced hardware processing come Holiday 2017.

I am seeking an answer here from someone within Remedy, I'd just like to know that this game will live on in a better technological state for the Xbox community going forward, Scorpio is a perfect chance for that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this indeed happens I have some suggestions for what should be done in terms of rendering options, preferribly add both to give people the option of how they would like to experience the game.

1. Try to target native 1080p at 60 FPS without the use of the reconstruction methods.

2. Try to target as high of a resolution as possible for 4K TV's at 30 FPS, let's say 3200x1800 or if that cannot be achieved 2560x1440 with temporal reconstruction applied to increase the perceived resolution.

I really hope you guys do this for us, we love your game, and we'd love to see it experienced to the peak of its potential going forward.

Thank you.

Hello?

Comment

Hi!

At this point, there is almost nothing known about Project Scorpio other than 'it has 32 terraultramegaflops more than Nintendo 64 bruh'', so you should be patient until Microsoft reveals some actual news about it. After that we will get some information about its games I would assume.
      I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Bump for relevance.

Comment

I admire your passion and perseverance, Nya'! As Microsoft owns the Quantum Break IP, they would be the best one to ask and show interest for the patch. Remedy develops the game but at the end of the day, it's Microsoft that decides the business side of things, especially when it's making an upgrade on their IP for their console.

At the moment, the developers have announced that they're now working on two new projects with different partners; Smilegate and 505 Games, so unfortunately it may be pretty unlikely that they'll be working on the patch. Patching a game, especially to that level, would also be incredibly expensive and take up a lot of time and resources, so it's something that MS would need to really want for it to happen. Also Microsoft is a company that tends to move onto new adventures at a pretty quick rate; they don't tend to look back at past games all that much, always to their next almost-completed thing to start marketing.

It's not entirely impossible but I think the best bet for having your voice heard by the publishers is on the XBOX New Ideas forum: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas
          Good luck!

I am seeking an answer here from someone within Remedy...
          I just help manage the forums and make sure we're not in short supply of cat gifs on here, I don't work for Remedy. I'm sorry I couldn't give you more of an official answer that you were looking for.

We have some developers from Remedy on these boards, but threads with questions specifically for them are always a little tricky. Confirmations or speculation from individual developers can be (and have been on these boards) picked up by websites (and likely taken out of context). So it's tricky for people at the company to discuss about a possible Scorpio patch without it becoming a headline.
          The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
            I admire your passion and perseverance, Nya'! As Microsoft owns the Quantum Break IP, they would be the best one to ask and show interest for the patch. Remedy develops the game but at the end of the day, it's Microsoft that decides the business side of things, especially when it's making an upgrade on their IP for their console.

At the moment, the developers have announced that they're now working on two new projects with different partners; Smilegate and 505 Games, so unfortunately it may be pretty unlikely that they'll be working on the patch. Patching a game, especially to that level, would also be incredibly expensive and take up a lot of time and resources, so it's something that MS would need to really want for it to happen. Also Microsoft is a company that tends to move onto new adventures at a pretty quick rate; they don't tend to look back at past games all that much, always to their next almost-completed thing to start marketing.

It's not entirely impossible but I think the best bet for having your voice heard by the publishers is on the XBOX New Ideas forum: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas
            Good luck!

I just help manage the forums and make sure we're not in short supply of cat gifs on here, I don't work for Remedy. I'm sorry I couldn't give you more of an official answer that you were looking for.

We have some developers from Remedy on these boards, but threads with questions specifically for them are always a little tricky. Confirmations or speculation from individual developers can be (and have been on these boards) picked up by websites (and likely taken out of context). So it's tricky for people at the company to discuss about a possible Scorpio patch without it becoming a headline.
            this for Xbox X part

anynews about new patch for pc new performance improvement
            you could see a new GPU release like 1080 Ti and Titan X but the game run hardly "with sub scale off"

please tell me are you going to release a new patch for performance improvement any time soon ?

Comment

???????

Comment

I'm sorry, there's still no news about a patch for Quantum Break for XBOX X/Project Scorpio. As I mentioned before, that's really more of XBOX's jurisdiction as they own the Quantum Break IP. There's a lot of interest for an update following the announcement of the console at E3, but Microsoft would be the company deciding and funding that choice. The link I gave above for the XBOX User Voice forum is the best bet for suggesting and supporting that idea.

Also as I posted before, I just help manage the forums, I don't work for Remedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                  I'm sorry, there's still no news about a patch for Quantum Break for XBOX X/Project Scorpio. As I mentioned before, that's really more of XBOX's jurisdiction as they own the Quantum Break IP. There's a lot of interest for an update following the announcement of the console at E3, but Microsoft would be the company deciding and funding that choice. The link I gave above for the XBOX User Voice forum is the best bet for suggesting and supporting that idea.

Also as I posted before, I just help manage the forums, I don't work for Remedy.
                  thank you
                  but i ask about pc steam version not Xbox

i hope there's any news about it

Comment

Ahhhh! Yes, you did! Sorry, I just reread that comment and can see that now. I'm smart.

Unfortunately it's a similar story with the PC versions. With Microsoft owning the Quantum Break IP, they have control over what happens to the game including DLC, future sequels, or major updates. That includes the XBOX and PC editions.

It's not impossible! But the way that it's been discussed in interviews with MCV and with Gamespot, it's sounding as though QB has been wrapped up... at least for the time being. Since last April, Remedy has announced that they've split the studio into two groups, one side working with Smilegate on Crossfire 2, and the second team working on "P7".

UPDATE: Microsoft has recently announced that Quantum Break will be getting a free 4K update for the XBOX One X. Check out the 4K XBOX One X discussion thread here: https://community.remedygames.com/fo...irmed-for-xb1x (Also tagging Nya` in case you haven't seen the news yet. )
                    Last edited by Jaden; 08-21-2017, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Well it looks like my wish came true!

Comment

Working...
                      X