• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That picture isn't showing up.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    very well written response thanks , ( the picture is not showing up because for what ever reason I'm not allowed to attach anything to my posts ,

so here is the link o the picture

http://1.1m.yt/-egIttQ.jpg

as you said different paths ( versions of story , but nothing changes all lead to same place )
    the very same question ogawa asked jack during interview " was paul right ? ( about the fact that future is set and can't be changed ) " tho the problem is we are talking about future like it's the past that makes things complicated but on the other hand as you have mentioned things will happen as they always did , jack won't suicide and things will happen just like all the time !

but about the point who start the chain , I mean let's say william is born and he has reached the point where he wants to invent the time machine , but this time he wouldn't do it and that certainly breaks the chain if it ever happens , but it wouldn't tho there might be a very very low chance for it to happen , but 99.99999999% it wouldn't happen just like always things start the same way , that's what I meant by who start the chain , and among all williams shouldn't there be a william who was the first among all of them to invent the time machine ? starter of chain
    I mean I plan to escape the prison next week and I'm sure my plan will work , but the older version of me who is 1 week older has already done it , that makes me the 2nd version of me who wants to escape or maybe the 200000000000th , none knows and we won't even realize and there is always an older version of your self , but what of the version of you who started all this ?
    and that wouldn't matter because you are all the same and I mean exactly the same so as you said exactly the same things happen all the time ! like a cycle ...

I forgot the most important question
    32) Why on earth , jack can only unfreeze his brother william !? ( is it because blood ties ? )

Comment

Will had also been exposed to chronon radiation except it was to a lesser extent than jack. That's why Jack was able to bring Will out of a stutter and not someone like Amy, she hadn't had chronon exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by dlxtime View Post
        23) You say at the end of time every thing dies ? But I think they are not dead just frozed in time , they are still alive if time gets fixed and that is what paul is trying to do , make life boat protocal so people can work and fix time , isn't it ?
        23) In a way!

Spoiler:

24) if paul and jack had same intentions couldn't they just talk it out ? help each other understand time and fix it once and for all ?? like mortal komabt almost more than half of fighting happens because people can't talk to each other ...
        24) Well, Paul and Will did tried to talk it out right at the start outside the library. (I'm going to talk a little more about it under the spoiler tag. )

Spoiler:

25)just when is end of time exactly is ?? the date all of them are sent , is it something like 2221? or a few years after 2016 ! or maybe in year 9999 , didn't they bother to find a news paper and read when they are instead of just running trying to escape from shifters !
        25) This is one of these questions which answer is almost entirely a spoiler, so Iím going to discuss it below.

Spoiler:

26) if beth had not gone wild and scare the shit out of young paul at the end of times , wouldn't things be different ??
        26) As both Serene and Beth was effected by it and made actions based on that, itís now a fixed event. But theoretically if Beth never saw the End of Time or maybe helped Serene instead of hunted himÖ Yeah, I think there would be some changes.

Spoiler:

27) william didn't see who exit the time machine or came out of time and beth sure didn't tell him , then again years later we see will working with paul making new time machine but not agreeing with him to run it , couldn't beth just tell will in 1999 to not help paul anymore !!!
        27) Will did back away from Project Promenade and warn Paul of the consequences as well as dissuade investors, saying that the experiment would lead to a destabilisation of the Meyer-Joyce field which would lead to the End of Time. And Beth did informed him of the fracture!

The thing is that informing Will wouldnít have made any impact in preventing the project from going ahead. It was the malfunction and the effects it had on the Meyer-Joyce field that led to the consequences that led to Beth being in Willís Workshop in July 1999. If she had informed him of Paul, everything would happen in that same way because by being back in 1999, sheís unable to effect any event which led her there. It wouldnít be possible, those events are locked.

28) seriously paul can make a company that makes suits that can move trough time , he makes a time machine yet he can't make a countermeasure him self ?? or another time machine
        28) Paul is more of a businessman rather than a scientist. He can woo investors but he says himself ďI donít know the scienceĒ. Monarch was founded upon backing the right people and investing in the right products. Paul has a large timeline on his whiteboard of events spanning from 1999-2016 (with desired milestones drawn after those events), so he knows who to back and when and what people need. Paul basically set up Monarch using a cheat sheet. The companyís technology rests on the shoulders of the scientists he employs, so people like Dr Amaral and Dr Kim. The thing is that William Joyceís research is focusing on a topic which is enormously complex and also based on knowledge from the future (which Beth provides a little of). Even the field that is destabilised by Promenade was co-discovered and named after him. So heís very much the leading scientist on this topic.

To show the comparisons between Willís work and Monarchís, the company didnít build their own time machine, they recreated Project Promenade (which itself is based on Willís work). Also their Chronon technology is based off the CFR (again, Willís creation), which they also use to power the Lifeboat.

Spoiler:

29) I know ground zero , but what is it exactly ?? what does it do ? why is it called ground zero just because countermeasure was about to blow up in that place ?!??!
        29) Ground Zero is the location where the CFR was dropped and opened up, emitting a strong amount of Chronon radiation.

Spoiler:

The name ďGround ZeroĒ is used by Monarch to describe the heightened radiation levels within that area. (Ground Zero is a term used in explosives which marks the point on the Earth that the detonation originated from.) From a developers perspective it might also be called that to highlight the importance of that moment within the game kinda like: this is where things get real, weíre at Ground Zero. And it did! I donít think any of the characters particularly enjoyed that moment, the dry-docks are going to get awful reviews on Yelp.

30)is ground zero related to zero state ??
        30) Those two things are pretty different but they are scientific terms which Monarch use:

- Ground Zero is the place where the CFR was dropped and where thereís a large source of Chronon Particles due to the Chronon radiation that the CFR produced once it opened. Which is great for Monarch because that powers their time tech.

- When time is frozen, thatís Zero State. It more describes a frozen state rather than a duration, (unlike ďstutterĒ which is temporary pause). All stutters are moments of Zero State, but the End of Time is also an example of Zero State.

(I think I use ďZero StateĒ quite a bit in this thread when talking about frozen time because I like the phrase. Back when we got our first look at gameplay, it was one of the first phrases mentioned and I remember a lot of conversations on here and on social media about what it could mean.)

31) HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRRR , !
        31) Happy New Year to you too!

I forgot the most important question
        32) Why on earth , jack can only unfreeze his brother william !? ( is it because blood ties ? )
        32) Like what Maniac said! Jack can unfreeze Will during a stutter as he was exposed to a certain level of Chronon Radiation when the time machine overloaded. Will was behind the shield so he was protected from the main blast of it, but it was still enough so that Jack can unfreeze him.

I hope this helps! ^_^
        The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

thanks , it helped alot , but still

33) will is the scientist who can make anything ? seriously ? beth comes back in time and tells him to create a countermeasure and he just makes it out of nothing !?

34) I'm still confused about the start of the game , the time machine we see at the start of the game and paul wants jack to help him test it sooner , who made it , why is it there in the first place

and if beth has already met will and told him things why would will allow anyone even some random guy like paul to create some time machine in the first place ?

35) just how many time machines are in game ? I think 3 is that correct ? and seriously why would will make 2 more of them if he already met beth wilder and he is freaked out by the man who jumped out of time machine !?

36) How much time did we play during the whole game ? I mean like how many in game hours ? like 1 or 2 days ? because jack says in the middle of game " I went to university with this cab yesterday " !

37) so end of time actually happened in 2016 October but the actions of jack & will caused it to never happen because they stopped it using countermeasure !

38) do you think that will is going to make dozens of countermeasures now ? just for insurance whenever time is going to stops he uses one and simply stops it ?

39) I've been thinking about playing the game for 2nd time , is it worth it with the knowledge I have now of the story ?( with your help ) Or I shouldn't bother playing cuz I know everything now !?

40) Do you think if there is a sequel for this game it will end in tragedy ? since time will end anyways in 2021 ?

41)I'm pretty sure now ogawa asked that question from jack at the end of interview " was paul right ( about the fact that we can't change things they will happen anyway tho we didn't get the answer " because martin ( shifter ) wanted to know ! am I correct ? and what do you think jack replied to ogawa possibly ? " YES " or " NO "

there are 4 possibilities

A)Jack believed in the fact that things can't change and paul was right so he replied yes ,
          B)Jack did not believe in that fact and told ogawa NO things can change Pual was wrong the whole time ,
          C)Jack did not believe in that fact and told Ogawa " YES " I think he was right ( he tried to hide what he thinks is right from monarch since hatch was behind all this "
          D) JACK replied " I don't know "

42) if jack has already seen paul as a freaking shifter why he acted completely naturally when he met paul again at the end !?

43) you say shifters can not be where time is not at zero state so how can hatch bypass this and doesn't feel any pain from the living things around him ? ( those eyedrops act like some kind of drugs ? )

44) I can't wait for more quantum break story , when are we going to possibly see the 2nd game ? ( my guess is some time like Q3 2019 )

45) you said when the countermeasure was opened it gave paul and will that illness ( time rads ) but paul was already sick before this , so what do you mean ?
          or is it because paul get sick in the first place at ground zero and it's not the same older paul we see at other points in the game ? and just if beth could live would she be some kind of sick too ?

46) why paul killed beth , he had what he needed , is it because she was hunting him at the end of time !?

47) I didn't understand how paul arrived there and stole the CFR where the jack met older beth in what ever time it was !

48) what are those paintings on the walls we see at some points in the game , ? just how can time paint things that happen in future on the walls ? I mean seriously , It's kinda freaky like time is some kind of horror monster

49) beth arrived at 1999 , where she met will , she really couldn't use the time machine again to go back to 2016 and bust aramal for sending her to the wrong place and wrong time ! and trying to go to 2010 again , skip 11 years not just stay still there for 11 years or she was too scared to go back !

50)meyer-joyce field , I know joyce but who is Meyer and where is he/she ? ( could he/she be a human time machine now ? he lives out of time and can go anywhere )

51) what happens if they suddenly go to 9999 or 2099 or 2999 ! after the time stops or no matter what date they chose it will always lead them to 2021 !??!

52) by the way , why all of the people who see end of time , see it while they are standing in the passageway of the time machine ? at least in the first place

53) beth and paul see end of time with their own eyes , does jack too ? or it's just a vision !?

Comment

Hey, you've got a lot of questions, and that's cool, but a lot of them have answers in the game. Not even, like, hidden in the game or anything, it's just right there in the dialogue. If you're interested in finding out about this stuff, consider just replaying the game and... well, paying special attention to what people are saying. It's a fairly complex story, for sure (time travel does that!), but it seems like there are so many things that puzzle you that maybe you should just go back to the source and see what you might have missed or misunderstood, and then see if you have any questions left afterwards. Right now it seems like you have a question about every single aspect of the story, and I don't know that anyone can keep up with that! I promise you that a lot of the answers you are looking for are right there in the game.
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
              Hey, you've got a lot of questions, and that's cool, but a lot of them have answers in the game. Not even, like, hidden in the game or anything, it's just right there in the dialogue. If you're interested in finding out about this stuff, consider just replaying the game and... well, paying special attention to what people are saying. It's a fairly complex story, for sure (time travel does that!), but it seems like there are so many things that puzzle you that maybe you should just go back to the source and see what you might have missed or misunderstood, and then see if you have any questions left afterwards. Right now it seems like you have a question about every single aspect of the story, and I don't know that anyone can keep up with that! I promise you that a lot of the answers you are looking for are right there in the game.
              fair enough , I will play it for 2nd time ...
              Last edited by Jaden; 01-10-2017, 12:34 AM. Reason: Fixed typo on "fair" as requested by dlxtime.

Comment

I hope you had a lovely week so far, dlxtime! Itís wonderful to see another fan who is very passionate about the title as well as eager to learn more about the game and to go more in-depth about the story. And Iíve really enjoyed tackling your questions! As Mikki mentioned in the previous post writing in-depth answers, especially for +50 questions does take quite a long time to go through, and Iíve spent quite a while making sure that the answers I give are researched and thorough. Iím going answer your previous post as youíre clearly interested in them, but after this post, if you have any more, I might throw those more to the forum as a whole rather than to address them directly.

Like Mikki posted previously and what you asked for the 39th question, you should definitely play the game again! Understanding some of the concepts about the game and experiencing the adventure are very different. Youíre clearly very passionate about the game and curious about a lot aspects, and while learning about the game more in a Q&A context can be helpful, thereís just so much more backstory and consequences that the game addresses, which are incredibly hard to explain in this format. Plus I think youíre just going to have a lot more fun playing the game again, and looking at the game as a whole rather than playing it for the first time and focusing more on what youíre doing in that moment.

Anyway, here are your answers:

Originally posted by dlxtime View Post
                thanks , it helped alot , but still

33) will is the scientist who can make anything ? seriously ? beth comes back in time and tells him to create a countermeasure and he just makes it out of nothing !?
                33) Well, Will is a scientist that has an advanced understanding of Chronon particles. Heís also the leading person in the field. But he didnít make the Countermeasure overnight, he built it with an understanding of what he wanted it to do, but even that took eleven years of constant dedication, a lot of money, and sacrifice on his part. A lot of research and design went into the schematics of the Countermeasure which can be found around Willís workshop.

34) I'm still confused about the start of the game , the time machine we see at the start of the game and paul wants jack to help him test it sooner , who made it , why is it there in the first place

and if beth has already met will and told him things why would will allow anyone even some random guy like paul to create some time machine in the first place ?
                34) The time machine that you see at the start of the game is called Project Promenade. Itís a Monarch-funded research project at Riverport University, based on the research of William Joyce and Elton Meyer. So it was made by scientists at the university who didnít know that a previous time machine existed (as Willís machine was hidden). So it was probably constructed to test the theory, especially as Joyce had spoken about the potential of time travel publicly.

34A) Beth told Will some things about the future but only about the Fracture.

Spoiler:

Paul wasnít any random guy, he was Jackís best friend since they were kids. So they were definitely aware of each other before hand. From (young) Paulís focus article outside the University: "Growing up my best friend was the brother of renowned quantum physicist William Joyce. I've always been fascinated by William's work, and his publications from 1997 to 1999 were groundbreaking for the scientific community. As a businessman I've been able to help shape a path to create practical applications for William's work by building on the foundation that he created with a group of immensely talented physicists. That was the basis for Project Promenade, and the results have been absolutely revolutionary.Ē So Project Promenade was already in the works in a way, before Will met Beth or was aware of the fracture.

35) just how many time machines are in game ? I think 3 is that correct ? and seriously why would will make 2 more of them if he already met beth wilder and he is freaked out by the man who jumped out of time machine !?
                35) In Quantum Break you can travel throughout the time machineís life, for instance if it was operational for an hour, you can move to anytime within that hour.

There are three interfaces but only two time machine cores. The frame and corridor are all part of the interface, but the core is the heart and brain of the machine. The core keeps all of the memories, so you can move the core to a new interface and itís still classed as the same machine:

INTERFACE #1: First time machine, created by Will in his workshop. He moves it to the Bradbury Swimming Pool.
                CORE #1: Created by Will for the first time machine. Moves to the Pool with his machine.
                ------------------
                INTERFACE #2: Project Promenade which was built at Riverport University.
                CORE #2: Created for Project Promenade, moved to Monarch after the malfunction.
                INTERFACE #3: Private time corridor built at Monarch Solutions.
                CORE #2: Taken from Project Promenade. Reinstalled at Monarch.

Will only built the first time machine (interface #1 and core #1), the rest were built using previously published research.

36) How much time did we play during the whole game ? I mean like how many in game hours ? like 1 or 2 days ? because jack says in the middle of game " I went to university with this cab yesterday " !
                36) Mmm. Thatís an interesting question! SoooÖ

Spoiler:

So overall about four days, I believe? Much shorter than Paul or Beth!

37) so end of time actually happened in 2016 October but the actions of jack & will caused it to never happen because they stopped it using countermeasure !
                37) Answering in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

38) do you think that will is going to make dozens of countermeasures now ? just for insurance whenever time is going to stops he uses one and simply stops it ?
                38) I think that idea might be his first thought, juuust in case.

Spoiler:

40) Do you think if there is a sequel for this game it will end in tragedy ? since time will end anyways in 2021 ?
                40) As itís about a potential sequel, anything about that is speculation.

Spoiler:

41)I'm pretty sure now ogawa asked that question from jack at the end of interview " was paul right ( about the fact that we can't change things they will happen anyway tho we didn't get the answer " because martin ( shifter ) wanted to know ! am I correct ? and what do you think jack replied to ogawa possibly ? " YES " or " NO "

there are 4 possibilities

A)Jack believed in the fact that things can't change and paul was right so he replied yes ,
                B)Jack did not believe in that fact and told ogawa NO things can change Pual was wrong the whole time ,
                C)Jack did not believe in that fact and told Ogawa " YES " I think he was right ( he tried to hide what he thinks is right from monarch since hatch was behind all this "
                D) JACK replied " I don't know "
                41) Yeah, I definitely believe that Hatch has a very specific interest in that answer. We may not know quite why yet, as thatís sequel territory as is his answer, but it felt to me that the question was very deliberately added to the interview to gauge Jackís first-hand experience or intentions. And his absent answer was very deliberate on the part of the developers to kindle that kind of speculation about his answer and why Monarch would be interested in it.

42) if jack has already seen paul as a freaking shifter why he acted completely naturally when he met paul again at the end !?
                42) Do you mean at the end when Paul begins changing? [Spoilers about the games multiple endings.]

Spoiler:

43) you say shifters can not be where time is not at zero state so how can hatch bypass this and doesn't feel any pain from the living things around him ? ( those eyedrops act like some kind of drugs ? )
                43) At the moment we donít know how Hatch does it, only that heís achieved a physical presence outside of Zero State. But it is possible that the eyedrops help him to maintain a form in normal time. I get the impression he does feel pain but it's he's learnt to tolerate it. His motives and how he achieves that are speculation at the moment though.

44) I can't wait for more quantum break story , when are we going to possibly see the 2nd game ? ( my guess is some time like Q3 2019 )
                44) It might take a while. At the moment Remedy is working on two games. The company divided itself into two groups following the release of Quantum Break and they are working on different franchises so weíll see more Remedy games more frequently in the future. One team is working on the story mode/single player campaign for CROSSFIRE 2, in partnership with Smilegate. The second team is working on a game currently coded ďP7Ē (aka Project Seven) which is looking at cooperative adventure.

(Not a lot of information has been announced about either game yet but the links that Iíve put in this answer is the best articles to read for more information.)

45) you said when the countermeasure was opened it gave paul and will that illness ( time rads ) but paul was already sick before this , so what do you mean ?
                or is it because paul get sick in the first place at ground zero and it's not the same older paul we see at other points in the game ? and just if beth could live would she be some kind of sick too ?
                45) Itís going to be pretty tricky to answer this. Hopefully Iíll do okay.

Spoiler:

46) why paul killed beth , he had what he needed , is it because she was hunting him at the end of time !?
                46) Iíd agree with that! Spoiler:

47) I didn't understand how paul arrived there and stole the CFR where the jack met older beth in what ever time it was !
                47) I'll write my answer in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler:

48) what are those paintings on the walls we see at some points in the game , ? just how can time paint things that happen in future on the walls ? I mean seriously , It's kinda freaky like time is some kind of horror monster
                48) Your view of them is definitely going to change on your replay! I've put it in spoiler tags in case you want to miss the answer, it's a pretty sad reveal in the story.

Spoiler:

49) beth arrived at 1999 , where she met will , she really couldn't use the time machine again to go back to 2016 and bust aramal for sending her to the wrong place and wrong time ! and trying to go to 2010 again , skip 11 years not just stay still there for 11 years or she was too scared to go back !
                49) Will created the time machine back when there wasnít a Ground Zero or Chronon Harvesting Technology, so the supply he had was very little. Powering up the machine to make a journey requires a certain chronon capacity which wasnít available at the time.

Spoiler:

50)meyer-joyce field , I know joyce but who is Meyer and where is he/she ? ( could he/she be a human time machine now ? he lives out of time and can go anywhere )
                50) The other scientist is called Dr Elton Meyer, but we donít learn much about him in the game. He co-wrote and published a paper with Will back in 1997 which proposed the existence of Chronon Particles, which led to it being called Meyer-Joyce Field. After the paper, Will receives a $150,000 grant from the Harold Steinberg Fund as he wanted to pursue the theory further and prove it. Itís kind of implied in a local newspaper (although also slightly speculative) that Meyer was just comfortable with the theory rather than the proof as Will was the only one who went to pursue it. Will went on to end the world (twice) and Meyer had the Meyer Physics Research Center named after himÖ I kinda feel that Meyer got the better deal there.

51) what happens if they suddenly go to 9999 or 2099 or 2999 ! after the time stops or no matter what date they chose it will always lead them to 2021 !??!
                51) Mmm, we donít know that answer for certain butÖ Iíd assume so? Time ends in 2021 so there wouldnít be anything beyond then, itís like a wall preventing them from going any further. If they do fix time after it permanently freezes, it might be that they canít go further back than 2021 either. Although thatís just a guess, if it wasnít mentioned in the game, something is telling me itís mentioned in Cam Rogerís novelisation.

52) by the way , why all of the people who see end of time , see it while they are standing in the passageway of the time machine ? at least in the first place
                52) The answer for this question is pretty similar to a previous answer.

From a character perspective...

Spoiler:

From a developer point of view..

Spoiler:

53) beth and paul see end of time with their own eyes , does jack too ? or it's just a vision !?
                53) Iíd imagine itís just a vision at that point, but given that he has the Chronon Syndrome (which brings the unique power of seeing into the future), it might be a future event he witnesses.

I hope those answers have been helpful! Iíd definitely recommend playing the game through again even if weíve spoken about some of the storyline details above. Combining that with an awareness of how the events will unfold, it would be a very different experience this time round!
                Last edited by Jaden; 01-10-2017, 01:48 AM.
                The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                  I hope you had a lovely week so far, dlxtime! Itís wonderful to see another fan who is very passionate about the title as well as eager to learn more about the game and to go more in-depth about the story. And Iíve really enjoyed tackling your questions! As Mikki mentioned in the previous post writing in-depth answers, especially for +50 questions does take quite a long time to go through, and Iíve spent quite a while making sure that the answers I give are researched and thorough. Iím going answer your previous post as youíre clearly interested in them, but after this post, if you have any more, I might throw those more to the forum as a whole rather than to address them directly.

Like Mikki posted previously and what you asked for the 39th question, you should definitely play the game again! Understanding some of the concepts about the game and experiencing the adventure are very different. Youíre clearly very passionate about the game and curious about a lot aspects, and while learning about the game more in a Q&A context can be helpful, thereís just so much more backstory and consequences that the game addresses, which are incredibly hard to explain in this format. Plus I think youíre just going to have a lot more fun playing the game again, and looking at the game as a whole rather than playing it for the first time and focusing more on what youíre doing in that moment.

Anyway, here are your answers:

33) Well, Will is a scientist that has an advanced understanding of Chronon particles. Heís also the leading person in the field. But he didnít make the Countermeasure overnight, he built it with an understanding of what he wanted it to do, but even that took eleven years of constant dedication, a lot of money, and sacrifice on his part. A lot of research and design went into the schematics of the Countermeasure which can be found around Willís workshop.

34) The time machine that you see at the start of the game is called Project Promenade. Itís a Monarch-funded research project at Riverport University, based on the research of William Joyce and Elton Meyer. So it was made by scientists at the university who didnít know that a previous time machine existed (as Willís machine was hidden). So it was probably constructed to test the theory, especially as Joyce had spoken about the potential of time travel publicly.

34A) Beth told Will some things about the future but only about the Fracture.

Spoiler:

Paul wasnít any random guy, he was Jackís best friend since they were kids. So they were definitely aware of each other before hand. From (young) Paulís focus article outside the University: "Growing up my best friend was the brother of renowned quantum physicist William Joyce. I've always been fascinated by William's work, and his publications from 1997 to 1999 were groundbreaking for the scientific community. As a businessman I've been able to help shape a path to create practical applications for William's work by building on the foundation that he created with a group of immensely talented physicists. That was the basis for Project Promenade, and the results have been absolutely revolutionary.Ē So Project Promenade was already in the works in a way, before Will met Beth or was aware of the fracture.

35) In Quantum Break you can travel throughout the time machineís life, for instance if it was operational for an hour, you can move to anytime within that hour.

There are three interfaces but only two time machine cores. The frame and corridor are all part of the interface, but the core is the heart and brain of the machine. The core keeps all of the memories, so you can move the core to a new interface and itís still classed as the same machine:

INTERFACE #1: First time machine, created by Will in his workshop. He moves it to the Bradbury Swimming Pool.
                  CORE #1: Created by Will for the first time machine. Moves to the Pool with his machine.
                  ------------------
                  INTERFACE #2: Project Promenade which was built at Riverport University.
                  CORE #2: Created for Project Promenade, moved to Monarch after the malfunction.
                  INTERFACE #3: Private time corridor built at Monarch Solutions.
                  CORE #2: Taken from Project Promenade. Reinstalled at Monarch.

Will only built the first time machine (interface #1 and core #1), the rest were built using previously published research.

36) Mmm. Thatís an interesting question! SoooÖ

Spoiler:

So overall about four days, I believe? Much shorter than Paul or Beth!

37) Answering in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:

38) I think that idea might be his first thought, juuust in case.

Spoiler:

40) As itís about a potential sequel, anything about that is speculation.

Spoiler:

41) Yeah, I definitely believe that Hatch has a very specific interest in that answer. We may not know quite why yet, as thatís sequel territory as is his answer, but it felt to me that the question was very deliberately added to the interview to gauge Jackís first-hand experience or intentions. And his absent answer was very deliberate on the part of the developers to kindle that kind of speculation about his answer and why Monarch would be interested in it.

42) Do you mean at the end when Paul begins changing? [Spoilers about the games multiple endings.]

Spoiler:

43) At the moment we donít know how Hatch does it, only that heís achieved a physical presence outside of Zero State. But it is possible that the eyedrops help him to maintain a form in normal time. I get the impression he does feel pain but it's he's learnt to tolerate it. His motives and how he achieves that are speculation at the moment though.

44) It might take a while. At the moment Remedy is working on two games. The company divided itself into two groups following the release of Quantum Break and they are working on different franchises so weíll see more Remedy games more frequently in the future. One team is working on the story mode/single player campaign for CROSSFIRE 2, in partnership with Smilegate. The second team is working on a game currently coded ďP7Ē (aka Project Seven) which is looking at cooperative adventure.

(Not a lot of information has been announced about either game yet but the links that Iíve put in this answer is the best articles to read for more information.)

45) Itís going to be pretty tricky to answer this. Hopefully Iíll do okay.

Spoiler:

46) Iíd agree with that! Spoiler:

47) I'll write my answer in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler:

48) Your view of them is definitely going to change on your replay! I've put it in spoiler tags in case you want to miss the answer, it's a pretty sad reveal in the story.

Spoiler:

49) Will created the time machine back when there wasnít a Ground Zero or Chronon Harvesting Technology, so the supply he had was very little. Powering up the machine to make a journey requires a certain chronon capacity which wasnít available at the time.

Spoiler:

50) The other scientist is called Dr Elton Meyer, but we donít learn much about him in the game. He co-wrote and published a paper with Will back in 1997 which proposed the existence of Chronon Particles, which led to it being called Meyer-Joyce Field. After the paper, Will receives a $150,000 grant from the Harold Steinberg Fund as he wanted to pursue the theory further and prove it. Itís kind of implied in a local newspaper (although also slightly speculative) that Meyer was just comfortable with the theory rather than the proof as Will was the only one who went to pursue it. Will went on to end the world (twice) and Meyer had the Meyer Physics Research Center named after himÖ I kinda feel that Meyer got the better deal there.

51) Mmm, we donít know that answer for certain butÖ Iíd assume so? Time ends in 2021 so there wouldnít be anything beyond then, itís like a wall preventing them from going any further. If they do fix time after it permanently freezes, it might be that they canít go further back than 2021 either. Although thatís just a guess, if it wasnít mentioned in the game, something is telling me itís mentioned in Cam Rogerís novelisation.

52) The answer for this question is pretty similar to a previous answer.

From a character perspective...

Spoiler:

From a developer point of view..

Spoiler:

53) Iíd imagine itís just a vision at that point, but given that he has the Chronon Syndrome (which brings the unique power of seeing into the future), it might be a future event he witnesses.

I hope those answers have been helpful! Iíd definitely recommend playing the game through again even if weíve spoken about some of the storyline details above. Combining that with an awareness of how the events will unfold, it would be a very different experience this time round!
                  thanks for all the help , sorry If I asked lots of questions ,many things were unclear in game probably because I rushed the story didn't pay attention to details and some answers were not in the game and sorry for being annoying or bothering anyone on this forum

about the beth paintings , yes I agree it's pretty tragic to know

about the #51 question , yes I assume you are right ( the 2021 is kind of a wall ) because somewhere in game hatch mentions it also says " the end of a world if begin of another , my world blah blah blah ... "

I decided to play the game for 2nd time & pay attention to details this time . it would be pretty different exp

I have one last question

54) ( the last question of this thread )

we begin the game in 2016 right ? with the young jack & young paul meeting at university

so at this point the monarch is already founded by the older paul who time traveled and he already has the choronon syndrom which happened in 2010 , , right ?

so during 2010 , the paul who had gone to 1999 and found monarch and as you said putting guards around the will workshop decides to go into the will workshop where he meets both beth and jack ( you know the CFR accident ) since he knew somethings will happen but not sure what ! so at this point 2010 he meets his rival " JACK " and his friend once ,he also kills " BETH " who is later one of his workers

if paul is the founder of monarch like always
                  A) why he is not interfering with his young self at university at all ? he also threatens his younger self to cut his budget !
                  B) why he is not interfering with jack joyce , h e could have killed him before he even meets the other paul and be at the accident
                  C) how can he not see beth wilder who is working for him but actually spying , ( the younger one ) when he killed the older one at 2010 ?
                  D)is the older paul ( moanrch ) the reason that after the accident lots of guys were shooting jack joyce like crazy ? and poor jack did not even know why , if it is so
                  WHY monarch COULD NOT be there earlier ?? like when the accident were about to happen !?
                  E) paul goes to 1999 and he found monarch , he puts guards for will workshop , yet he attempts to arrest will at 2016 and then he kills him , he really couldn't do it sooner ? I mean 17 years ...
                  G) how can old paul who got ill since 2010 being old paul barely interfere with the events happening at 2016 , like young jack young paul meeting , beth working for him ... he was either drunk or didn't know detailed future , that's funny since he is also able to see future sometimes

sorry if it's a bit long I wanted to be very specific tho the answers do not need to be long , and I mean it seriously the last question it's just that it's not really answered in game we see events happening but not why or what if
                  I should probably read quantum break secret of time travel and the other novel

Thanks for everything !

Comment

• dlxtime
                    dlxtime commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Update : never mind I found the answer ! it was in the game , I saw martin hatch standing at the front of university at 4 am ... also liam so they did set up somethings , older paul wanted things to happen ...

Older Paul knew of Beth Wilder, but he wasn't fully clear on exactly what she looked like. For him it had been a long time since he last seen her and sometimes people can naturally have an issue remembering the appearance of people they hadn't seen in years.

Beth also would have appeared younger in 2016 then Paul's memories of her when he saw her in the future...Paul would have remembered the face and demeanor future Beth had in 2010 better than present Beth in 2016.

Comment

Working...
                  X