Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Fps on PC vs 30 fps on Xbox

Hi all,
    I would like to know is 30fps lock on PC equal to xbox one experience?

It depends on your setup and other settings. Xbox One is roughly equal to the PC version's medium settings at 900p with temporal AA and 30fps cap enabled.

Keep in mind that the 30fps cap on PC doesn't lock the fps to 30, but merely limits it, if you want a more consistent experience. If you PC isn't powerful enough to run the game at 30fps, the framerate can dip below it as well.
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

I already finished this fantastic game, its working 99% of time on 60fps 1080p on lowest details and on 30 fps with higher details.
      I only want to know is 30fps on PC feels the same as on Xbox in terms of input lag. Cause for example Alan Wake is working on 30 fps on Xbox360, but if you limit it on PC to work on 30 fps it will feel smoother on xbox, but in Quantum Break you can choose 30fps lock on PC in game so I want to know is that fluid like on xbox one?

Comment

It feels darn fluid to play when I play on Xbox One but it's kind of hard to put that feeling into words. As someone who played Alan Wake on the 360 I found myself right at home with the controls.

Perhaps I should do a test stream on Beam

Comment

That would be interesting to see how it feels to play on Xbox one vs Pc with 30fps lock.

Comment

I'm streaming. Come check it out here: https://beam.pro/Maniac536

UPDATE: The stream is over.
            Last edited by Maniac; 02-27-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Sorry I didnt saw message I am eager to see video, if you will upload sometime pls write time if you can.

Comment

Last night was just a test stream to check out Beam's capabilities. Sadly the video wasn't archived since Beam does not enable VOD archiving by default on new accounts. Don't worry, I will probably stream again soon and that next stream will be archived.

Comment

OK cool tnx again. Cant wait to see if there will be difference between pc and xbox in 30fps.

Comment

We will try again. I'm going to do another test stream, this time of act 2. Please come check it out.

UPDATE: Stream is over but I did archive the broadcast on my Channel's VOD tab. The first one looks out of sync for audio/video but that's from the archiving, it isn't an issue with the game.
                    Last edited by Maniac; 03-06-2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I registered to BEAM, and I clicked to follow you but I cant find your archived videos.

Comment

sorry for double post, I saw video (didnt have time to watch whole video now) and its nice smooth gameplay, tnx man! Will watch some other time the rest of the video.

Comment

Working...
                        X