Xbox One X Patch Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox One X Patch Today

Major Nelson just announced that the Quantum Break 4K enhancement patch for the Xbox One X is out now. Has anyone gotten it?

I'm pretty excited to see what people will think of it! I've got an older model XBOX One so it won't be effecting me but I'm hoping that it will bring more fans into the community. I've read some of the 4K reviews and they've been really positive. The article on Eurogamer immediately jumps to mind: www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-does-quantum-break-on-xbox-one-x-really-deliver-4k-gameplay
    The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Major Nelson just announced that the Quantum Break 4K enhancement patch for the Xbox One X is out now. Has anyone gotten it?
      At 178GB for the patch. I doubt it.

Game Informer: "Quantum Break With Xbox One X Enhancements Balloons To 178GB".

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-to-178gb.aspx
      ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM, Intel i7-3770K 4.2GHz
      16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 2088MHz
      HyperX 240GB SSD, Win 7 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post

At 178GB for the patch. I doubt it.

Game Informer: "Quantum Break With Xbox One X Enhancements Balloons To 178GB".

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-to-178gb.aspx
        But 75gb of that is just the TV part, that you do not have to download.
        Nonetheless, games are just getting too big. I just updated Halo 5, and it's already over 100gb. Without any 4k content.
        This is insane.
        I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post
          "Quantum Break With Xbox One X Enhancements Balloons To 178GB".
          Remember "back in the day" when the average home PC's hard drive was that size?

Seagate's 12TB BarraCuda Pro ...FTW!!!

Comment

I played the game for a little bit on my 1X, and didn't notice the native 1080p mode under the display settings. I thought we'd have the option to have native, and their 4k option.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKzane View Post

But 75gb of that is just the TV part, that you do not have to download.
              Nonetheless, games are just getting too big. I just updated Halo 5, and it's already over 100gb. Without any 4k content.
              This is insane.
              Yeeeeep, you raise a good point! I've been seeing a lot of articles about Quantum Break's size and a lot of them don't talk about the 75GB live action show being optional. I have it downloaded on my machine, but for me, it's a game that I'm going to go back to quite a bit so I don't mind having the memory consumption especially with a fairly pants internet connection.

It's weird how the 178GB thing has been talked about; it is quite a lot but you're also getting quite a lot of game for that amount. There's always that push to create bigger and more realistic worlds from the consumer and the industry and that's going to be at a cost; bigger and better worlds are naturally going to need bigger and better hardware and storage. I think it's less about the games being too big and more about the console space needing to match the demands at the same pace. Although that's much easier said then done.

Polygon also tackled the topic in a new article earlier today: https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/8/16...ard-drive-size

Originally posted by Animylgamer View Post

Remember "back in the day" when the average home PC's hard drive was that size?
              Haha! I was actually thinking earlier today about when I was a kid and I had a favourite floppy disk. It was yellow and had a pink bordered sticker on it, and it had my terrible (think first season TNG) Star Trek fan fic. At the time I remember being so impressed with how many stories I could fit on it and with just the idea of being able to store things outside the computer... I think I would have turned out normal if my parents bought me a cat as a kid.

Comment

My Quantum Break install is only 83.6 GB for the game without videos, compared to the 102 GB size listed on the store and in various articles about the 4k update. So Im not sure if I actually have the One X patch installed. Anyone else experience this? Or was your installation the right size right away?

Comment

are you using the model X console?

Comment

Yes I am. Purchased and downloaded all on the One X. Started the game up yesterday but I wasnt prompted for any other updates. I also tried uninstalling and redownloading it, still not the proper file size.

Comment

It would have installed the Xbox One x update automatically while the game installed. So if the game boots up, you’ve got it.

Comment

Ahh, alright. Thanks! Still curious why the xbox store page has it listed at ~102 GB. Just want to make sure Im getting the best experience possible out of my new console!

Comment

Yeah that should be okay! The XBOX One (without 4K) has the game at about 45GB according to Gamespot, and that corresponds to the total I have on my console. So that's the original version of the game and what you have is quite a bit more so you definitely have extra stuff there. I've looked around a little bit to see if there's similar people wondering the same with their XBOX One X and they have the same totals that you do.

Comment

Thanks! Can't wait to check out the game later today!

Comment

Man, that xbox one x really seems to be a big hit for MS. I hope a lot more people now play QB!
                              I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Working...
                              X