Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how long is Quantum Break IP held by Microsoft ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how long is Quantum Break IP held by Microsoft ?

We now know that Microsoft held on to Alan Wake publishing rights and only recently Remedy was able to get control of that AW back to them. Question is how long does Microsoft hold the IP for Quantum Break - is it 10 or 20 years - does any one know ? The reason I ask this I just came across this article

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ts-own-destiny

where the article states

Remedy CEO Tero Virtala recently noted two such games, Alan Wake and Quantum Break, in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz.

“Considering our history, Alan Wake was really interesting but it was a collaboration with Microsoft. Due to certain reasons, it never got a sequel. Quantum Break, also, we put a lot of effort into creating the world, the characters, the stories, but still it was Microsoft’s IP. They decided not to take it further," Virtala explained.
    This means Quantum Break is now stuck in a no mans land which is disheartening considering how I loved the game. Any one knows the answer to my question ?
    Last edited by GameBunny77; 08-26-2019, 02:11 PM.

Given the budget of the game and investment behind it I'm going to say that Microsoft likely flat out owns it, not some rights reversion after a period of 10 to 20 years. You don't put that kind of money into a game without it being your property.

Comment

I would love a sequel as well!

But... yeah, unfortunately, I believe Quantum Break is Microsoft's property. With Alan Wake, Microsoft used to just own the console publishing rights, not the full IP. I guess Microsoft could sell it, but I feel like they would rather hang onto it just in case.
      The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Working...
      X