Quantum Break Windows Help & Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Break Windows Help & Issues

For the latest update on Windows 10 version of Quantum Break, check out the status update.

Can we please talk about pricing? I created a thread about it here: http://community.remedygames.com/for...cal-storefront

Really, really disappointed cause I have been looking forward to playing QB for a really long time now!

Comment

Originally posted by defred34 View Post
      Can we please talk about pricing? I created a thread about it here: http://community.remedygames.com/for...cal-storefront

Really, really disappointed cause I have been looking forward to playing QB for a really long time now!

Yet another publisher decision I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post

Yet another publisher decision I'm afraid.
        As head of community/PR, I hope you can at least convey this to Microsoft. I can already foresee sales numbers being much lower than anticipated.

It's funny you say publisher decision...cause Gears of War UE is published by Microsoft. It is USD 30, selling for RM55 in Malaysia. This game is USD 60, selling for RM253. Five times more expensive, when the US price is just twice as much!?

Comment

This is why i hate MSFT. They want an open environment for PC but fail to support the most basic functions for gaming that has been around for years under their UWP. It is sad and this is why exclusives are terrible. DX12 was praised for having multi GPU support but yet it isnt supported in UWP? Thats just god awful.
          ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM, Intel i7-3770K 4.2GHz
          16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 2088MHz
          HyperX 240GB SSD, Win 7 64-bit Pro

Comment

Improvements are coming, but not here yet...

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/9140...ndows-10-dx12/
            Last edited by jharle; 04-05-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by defred34 View Post

As head of community/PR, I hope you can at least convey this to Microsoft. I can already foresee sales numbers being much lower than anticipated.

It's funny you say publisher decision...cause Gears of War UE is published by Microsoft. It is USD 30, selling for RM55 in Malaysia. This game is USD 60, selling for RM253. Five times more expensive, when the US price is just twice as much!?
              I completely understand your concern and can guarantee that as a developer we try to push the gamers' agenda as much as possible. We get our share of the game from making it, not selling it, so it's completely up to the publisher what to do with it after we've shipped the game.

Comment

Hi, while trying to prepurchase teh game for windows 10 last night, i accidentally purchased the xbox one version. contacting xbox support to get a refund was unsuccessful. i was wondering about when and how i should get the free windows 10 code for the game, or if i'm qualified. also, why isn't this like killer instinct where you just have a flat out crossbuy feature? idk, i'm a big fan of you guys and have loved every game you put out, but i'm not about to buy the same game twice and if i can't get a pc version of this without doing so, i may just be turned off from you guys for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by stratisfire View Post
                  Hi, while trying to prepurchase teh game for windows 10 last night, i accidentally purchased the xbox one version. contacting xbox support to get a refund was unsuccessful. i was wondering about when and how i should get the free windows 10 code for the game, or if i'm qualified. also, why isn't this like killer instinct where you just have a flat out crossbuy feature? idk, i'm a big fan of you guys and have loved every game you put out, but i'm not about to buy the same game twice and if i can't get a pc version of this without doing so, i may just be turned off from you guys for quite a while.
                  I pre-ordered the Xbox One version intentionally (even though I don't have the console), simply because I knew it would be the same price as in the Windows Store, and I wanted "more stuff" even though I'd probably never use it. We will allegedly be getting the Win10 game code through an Xbox system message (via the Xbox app) in the coming days.

Comment

We get our share of the game from making it, not selling it, so it's completely up to the publisher what to do with it after we've shipped the game.
                    That's some interesting piece of information! Kind of good to know that Remedy has got its share regardless. But ofc, sales are still important for future titles sake.
                    My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Jack looks like a pirate.
                      DRM might've accidentally triggered. Reboot the game and eat a lot of vitamin C.
                      So Alan Wake DRM makes its return huh? Can we get a -legaleyepatch this time?
                      The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

Originally posted by jharle View Post

I pre-ordered the Xbox One version intentionally (even though I don't have the console), simply because I knew it would be the same price as in the Windows Store, and I wanted "more stuff" even though I'd probably never use it. We will allegedly be getting the Win10 game code through an Xbox system message (via the Xbox app) in the coming days.
                        cool cool. i'll just wait it out then i guess.

Comment

Quantum Break will be available on Windows 10 only from the Windows Store...
                          Okay.
                          I grabbed the PC version this morning off the Win10 store. Just like with Gears, smooth and easy. And only took a little over an hour to download the game.

And, as for the game itself, playing with most settings on High, 30fps lock off... it's running smooth. Hard to judge with no overlay support, but... been no stutters or hitching. No bugs, launching issues or game stopped bugs.

I will say, the up-scaling is disappointing.
                          I hope Remedy have plans to address this with an update, make it so PC resolution is an actual true 1:1 display with no up-scaling.

Also, feels like there's Mouse acceleration in the game. If so, an option to disable that would be great. Laura, I truly hope you can say soon when/what the team plans on working on or addressing as far as the Win10 version is concerned.
                          Overall it feels like future optimization and driver updates could really make this game shine.

And, it is a game that deserves it. I've enjoyed every second I've played, and honestly, would still be playing if I didn't have to work tomorrow. It's Remedy through and through. Brilliant writing, great dialog and characters. Gorgeous environments packed with detail and character all their own.
                          And solid gameplay held together with fun, addictive combat.

I really look forward to watching this game only improve with updates, fixes and patches. It's an amazing ride so far. Awesome job to the whole team.

Comment

The game does not start. There is a window for a moment and closes without error. Maybe it's the CPU? The game will run on older core 2 Quad?
                            I have [FONT=Verdana]XeonE5430(3.6GHz) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]DDR2(8GB) GTX960(4G)[/FONT]

Register App DCOM server is not made within the required timeout.
                            Last edited by Falkir; 04-06-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Hello friends, I need a lot of help, the activation code for Windows 10 did not come to me, only the code for activation Alan Wake 360, this code will also be sent, someone can answer, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X