Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC version wont recognize my Xbox Elite controller (wireless, Win 10)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PC version wont recognize my Xbox Elite controller (wireless, Win 10)

    The game starts up just fine, but I'm unable to use anything other than mouse and keyboard.

    The controller itself works in other games. I thought there may be a conflict with my arcade stick, but removing it and restarting the computer didn't help. And I don't have any other device hooked up at all other than a Logitech receiver used only for mouse and keyboard.

    I've got what I believe to be the latest drivers for the Xbox wireless adapter (dated late February).

    Did whoever did the port not add Xbox One wireless controller support to the game?
    Last edited by HeinzHarald; 04-05-2016, 10:50 PM.

  • #2
    I have same problem with Xbox One WIRED controller. It works fine with games on Steam, Origin, etc...but it isn't detected at all with Games and Apps on Windows Store. I had to play Gears of War UE with Xbox360 controller(it works fine).

    Just for info, try if Xbox Accessories app detects it. You can find the app on Windows Store.

    You are the first person with my same problem. I opened many topics about this problem on Microsoft community, Steam, unofficial Windows forums. I also contacted MS Customer Care, but without success. Make me know if you find a solution.
    Can I know your system spec? Just to know if we are something in common.

    It's funny. Microsoft branded controller doesn't work only on Microsoft branded platform.

    Last edited by Siegfriedm; 04-06-2016, 10:06 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm having the exact same problem. Wired, wireless (XB1 controller). No matter what I do the game just wont control with it. Other games and apps work fine but not this. After taking way too long to download its been pretty frustrating especially given how bad the mouse/keyboard controls are with this game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mcgibon85 View Post
        I'm having the exact same problem. Wired, wireless (XB1 controller). No matter what I do the game just wont control with it. Other games and apps work fine but not this. After taking way too long to download its been pretty frustrating especially given how bad the mouse/keyboard controls are with this game.

        So, it works with other Games and Apps on Windows Store? It's different for me. I'm not able to make Windows Store Apps & Games detect it.
        It works fine with Steam.

        Comment


        • #5
          Interesting that even wired controllers don't work. I kinda thought it was the X1 wireless adapter that was the problem (the wireless controller itself doesn't appear in "Devices and printers" like the 360 does, just the adapter), plus the support page for QB for Windows specifically mentions playing with an Xbox One controller.

          ​@Siegfriedm: The Xbox Accessories app finds my controller when I connect it using a wire (a known limitation). So it seems you have a unique issue with your controller and Windows Store in general, plus the game doesn't support Xbox One controllers to begin with.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks, Heinz. I also formatted pc and tried with another controller, and still have this problem. I wonder what my problem is...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Siegfriedm View Post


              So, it works with other Games and Apps on Windows Store? It's different for me. I'm not able to make Windows Store Apps & Games detect it.
              It works fine with Steam.

              Yeah it works fine with gears of war ultimate edition from the windows store. Just not this no matter what I do. What a mess this port is, and not a word from the developers.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've actually found a solution! (well, for me anyways).

                Go to your device manager, right click on your xbox controller, choose 'update driver', 'browse', 'let me pick'.

                Now for me it was using the Xbox one elite controller driver which is fair enough since thats what I have, however, I found if I chose 'Xbox Gaming Device' from the list instead and restarted, it finally started working!

                This also worked for all windows store games.

                Hope this helps you guys and anyone else that runs into this stupid problem!

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's a good tip, thanks. Though it probably means we can't use the Elite configuration software anymore (though hopefully the profiles stored on the controller are still active).

                  Btw, are you running the Elite wired or with the wireless adapter?
                  Last edited by HeinzHarald; 04-07-2016, 07:08 PM. Reason: Added question.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm isn't both though as you say the elite app is now very hit and miss in recognising the controller. Games are fine though

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      this is a bit off-topic, but i was assuming we'd finally see rumble trigger support. with a regular xb1 pad + default windows 10 drivers, that doesnt seem to be the case...can anyone confirm?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mcgibon85 View Post
                        I've actually found a solution! (well, for me anyways).

                        Go to your device manager, right click on your xbox controller, choose 'update driver', 'browse', 'let me pick'.

                        Now for me it was using the Xbox one elite controller driver which is fair enough since thats what I have, however, I found if I chose 'Xbox Gaming Device' from the list instead and restarted, it finally started working!

                        This also worked for all windows store games.

                        Hope this helps you guys and anyone else that runs into this stupid problem!
                        Registered just to say thank you. This worked for me with my Xbox One controller. Kind of sucks that I'll have to keep it wired up to play, since wireless doesn't seem to work, but at least I can use it now. Thanks for the solution!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X