Game immediately Crashes at startup on PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game immediately Crashes at startup on PC

[FONT=verdana]After downloading the game I was suprised to see that it won't start at all. A white window with two faces pops up for less than a second and then dissapears. The first time I tried to start the game the window remained on screen for about a second, now it just flashes one time. Hopefully Remedy can help me out here.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]From the Windows event log:[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana]"Activation of app Microsoft.QuantumBreak_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]P.S. Reinstall, Install to other disk, new video drivers did not help
    P.S.S. There is a big thread about this problem on Reddit. Both AMD and Nvidia users have that wierd situation.[/FONT]
    Last edited by eminem0081; 04-06-2016, 10:18 PM.

hello good night eminem 0081 !!

Comment

the same happens to me when I try to start the game a window appears for 1 second and the game starts not more !! honestly I do not know why this happens ...
      my pc meets the requisites !!

Comment

already installed 3 times the game!
        I installed it on my ssd and went back to install the hard drive and the same happens !!
        I think it should be a problem with inconsistent play some drives ..

remedygames FIX IT !!!

Comment

If you have powerful enough computers and updated drivers my guess is you have custom video codecs installed like the K-lite codec pack or CCCP. What happens after the white screen is corporate videos start appearing and it would seem your computers refuse to show them which very often is a codec issue.

Comment

Just chek - no K-lite codec pack or somthing else was installed on my system

Comment

I uninstalled it and tb not solved my problem! still does not start the game ..

Comment

I suggest continuing to look for video related issues/fixes on your computer. Like resetting your graphics card settings to default for instance. Issues like this often need fixing on the computer rather than in the game (though I do of course not have any idea if this is the case with QB, I'm just speculating based on 25 years of experience troubleshooting PC games).

Comment

I'm receiving a "File IO Failulre" error notice and the game doesn't launch.
                  It's an issue caused by having a Unicode based user account. We're working on fixing it ASAP, will update this thread with the latest status.

posted in the win10 faq

but still not a fix for it!

Comment

just now to ask for a refund for a game microsoft agent chat !!
                    my problem is already solved!

Comment

Originally posted by LoWesT View Post
                      I'm receiving a "File IO Failulre" error notice and the game doesn't launch.
                      It's an issue caused by having a Unicode based user account. We're working on fixing it ASAP, will update this thread with the latest status.

posted in the win10 faq

but still not a fix for it!

Same problem here, a white windows pops up and disappears immediately. The error report says it's caused by failed "rl_x64_f.dll"
                      I redownload the huge 42.1GB files twice (without any trouble), nothing changed, "rl_x64_f.dll" failed everytime ,and I've never seen the "File IO Failulre" message, so I assume this problem was not caused by "Unicode based user account" or corrupted files.

This is the error report:
                      - System
                      - Provider
                      [ Name] Application Error
                      - EventID 1000
                      [ Qualifiers] 0
                      Level 2
                      Task 100
                      Keywords 0x80000000000000
                      - TimeCreated
                      [ SystemTime] 2016-04-05T17:32:20.613527100Z
                      EventRecordID 12081
                      Channel Application
                      Computer Bartz
                      Security
                      - EventData
                      QuantumBreak.exe
                      56fe76b5
                      rl_x64_f.dll
                      56fe740b
                      c000001d
                      00000000000ef9b7
                      1de8
                      01d18f611a51d98d
                      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.QuantumBreak_1.5.0.0_x 64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\QuantumBreak.exe
                      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.QuantumBreak_1.5.0.0_x 64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\rl_x64_f.dll
                      5d63d717-2262-4fc6-a2a3-348467d8592e
                      Microsoft.QuantumBreak_1.5.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
                      App

Last edited by bartz; 04-07-2016, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Same error for me.

I'm in the US, have an AMD processor and GPU.

I've tried the following:

• Install on main C drive and secondary drive
                        • Created a fresh user account and tried launching from there
                        • Did a clean install of Windows today and installed only updated display drivers, Windows updates, and Quantum Break, still got the same error, same message as above in the Event Viewer.

Comment

So, any suggestions what's gone wrong?

Comment

Same problem. [FONT=verdana]A white window [/FONT]pops up for a second and disappears. I still think that the Game do not support old CPU`s. Please everyone who has this problem write your CPU`s.

Comment

AMD Phenom II x6 not working
                              Last edited by eminem0081; 04-07-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X