Cannot buy game from Windows 10 Store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot buy game from Windows 10 Store

Hello, I'm interested in purchasing Quantum Break for PC via the Windows 10 store. Unfortunately, the storefront tells me I need to upgrade Windows and to go to "http:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=747847"

The link is not clickable, but if I type the URL out completely, it directs me to a Windows 10 installer. I'm currently running a verified and activated version of Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).

What can I do to remedy this problem, or is this an issue I need to resolve with Microsoft?

Are you running Windows 10 version 1511?

Comment

I'm having the same problem.

I am running Windows 10 Pro on a capable gaming laptop. Windows says everything is up to date when I check.

I have no idea what the problem is any help will be appreciated.

Comment

I had the same problem. You need to ensure you have the Windows 10 November update installed. Also known as Version 1511.

On your PC. If you press the Windows key + R you'll get the run box. In this type winver

You should then see the following window: Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	261317

If your version number does not say Version 1511 then you'll need to first try windows update. If it doesn't detect any new changes like it did with me then you'll need to run the windows 10 upgrade tool again to install the latest version (which does not delete anything)

This also didn't work for me and I ended up having to re-install windows :/

And to be honest. I went through all that just so I could play QB. I would not recommend going through all this until the Developer/MS at least addresses the issues everyone seems to be having!
        Last edited by popcornuk; 04-11-2016, 12:41 AM. Reason: new info

Comment

I don't see the version number doing the thing you said. It only shows the version number.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowParadox View Post
            I don't see the version number doing the thing you said. It only shows the version number.
            The version number you have shown there, specifically the build no (10240) shows that you're running the original RTM build of windows 10 released last year. Your copy of Win 10 must be upgraded to version 1511 before you can download QB (or most store games like killer instinct, tomb raider, gears of war etc).

These updates "should" have come via windows update if your copy of windows was activated correctly. However, it looks like you're in the same boat as me and this didn't happen for some reason.

First, I would check windows update and make 100% sure there's no pending updates to install. If not then download the windows 10 upgrade tool and see if that fixes it. If not, then get in touch with MS support (there's a chat option available within windows 10) and see what they say.

For me, they recommend running the windows 10 upgrade tool. However this gave me an error during installation and I had to wipe the drive and re-install windows 10 from scratch. Hopefully you won't have to do that!
            Last edited by popcornuk; 04-11-2016, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X