Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QUANTUM BREAK – 1080p VS 4K - QUALITY TEST COMPARISON – PC GAMEPLAY /WINDOWS 10/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUANTUM BREAK – 1080p VS 4K - QUALITY TEST COMPARISON – PC GAMEPLAY /WINDOWS 10/

YES! There is some distinguished diffence ...

I'm not sure what your point is?

Comment

The game looks like crap on 1080p but on 4K its marvelous.

Comment

Ah ok. Yeah it looks a lot better for me running @2560x1440 compared to 1080. Any bump in resolution will make it look better.

However I'd bet that there's a minute amount of people with the hardware capable of running it @4K. It doesn't fix that fact that the engine internally renders the game at 720 and upscales it to your native resolution. Even running @2K on my setup there's still a crap ton of aliasing, ghosting and blur going on because of it. Not to mention the myriad of other performance issues with the game. Which I won't bother listing as there's enough threads about that already on the forum that I'm sure Remedy are aware of already.

Comment

4K is probably marvelous, but i think 1440p is great also. if youve got a 970/290x or above i cant recommend it enough. if your monitor doesnt support 1440p natively you can use the nvidia CP (and i assume AMD's) to create a custom resolution; apply that, start the game, run it at the new resolution. to me, looks like a proper 1080p game -- i dont find aliasing to be a problem in QB but the blur & even somehow film grain effect seem reduced.

on a 980 i set everything to high & get a smooth framerate. anything w/ more than 4GB VRAM you should at least be able to pump up textures to ultra, dont know about other settings. i suppose theres a chance therell be hitching w/ high textures on a 970 @ 1440p since i think VRAM exceeds 3.5GB, but not by much if so.

on youtube a guy with a 980Ti posted a video running at 4K, looked to me like he was consistently above 30FPS (textures were ultra; other settings were knocked down as needed). given AMDs current dx12 superiority even a 390x might be able to deliver a 4K experience.

but yeah, definitely downsample if you can. absolute must with this game. since i did & found the sweet spot for my system ive been able to just enjoy the damn game & not be distracted by frame drops or blurry picture.

Comment

Originally posted by yusupov View Post
            4K is probably marvelous, but i think 1440p is great also. if youve got a 970/290x or above i cant recommend it enough. if your monitor doesnt support 1440p natively you can use the nvidia CP (and i assume AMD's) to create a custom resolution; apply that, start the game, run it at the new resolution. to me, looks like a proper 1080p game -- i dont find aliasing to be a problem in QB but the blur & even somehow film grain effect seem reduced.

on a 980 i set everything to high & get a smooth framerate. anything w/ more than 4GB VRAM you should at least be able to pump up textures to ultra, dont know about other settings. i suppose theres a chance therell be hitching w/ high textures on a 970 @ 1440p since i think VRAM exceeds 3.5GB, but not by much if so.

on youtube a guy with a 980Ti posted a video running at 4K, looked to me like he was consistently above 30FPS (textures were ultra; other settings were knocked down as needed). given AMDs current dx12 superiority even a 390x might be able to deliver a 4K experience.

but yeah, definitely downsample if you can. absolute must with this game. since i did & found the sweet spot for my system ive been able to just enjoy the damn game & not be distracted by frame drops or blurry picture.
            The problem with your statement is that you can't use Nvidia's DSR or AMD's VSR resolution scaling with QB due to the limitations of it being released via the Windows Store/UWP framework. Enabling these options in the GPU control panel for either manufacturer does not work with QB.

Comment

inconvenient, but not a huge problem, at least for NVidia cards. its very simple to create a custom resolution of 1440p (or 4K). it will probably funk up your desktop but games will use it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by yusupov View Post
                inconvenient, but not a huge problem, at least for NVidia cards. its very simple to create a custom resolution of 1440p (or 4K). it will probably funk up your desktop but games will use it just fine.
                Again you're assuming that most people would actually be able to scale up to that resolution. I'm lucky enough to have a GTX 970 and can get through most of the performance issues by sheer brute force of the GPU. Most people buying the game will not have that same ability. What's inconvenient is the fact that we're all here on the forums complaining about the game and recommending workarounds instead of enjoying it.

Comment

i don't the qualitative difference b/w forcing a 1440p downsample & using DSR, other than that DSR doesn't change desktop resolution & adds whatever % 'smoothing' you select. if your GPU can handle 2x DSR, it should be able to do 1440p. same difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X