21:9 Support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21:9 Support?

Will 21:9 support be added? If not officially, are there any tweaks that can be made in a config file, or the AMD driver display scaling feature?

I want a direct response from a developer from Remedy Entertainment. I've already contacted via twitter, Xbox's Phil Spensor, Remedy Entertainment, @Quantum Break and Remedy's Ceative Drector Sam Lake (worth a shot) with questions towards the lack of ultrawide support. I've also made a thread on each major forum to alert people about the missing 21:9 support. I will continue to campaign through all channels until support is given.

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyW View Post
      I want a direct response from a developer from Remedy Entertainment. I've already contacted via twitter, Xbox's Phil Spensor, Remedy Entertainment, @Quantum Break and Remedy's Ceative Drector Sam Lake (worth a shot) with questions towards the lack of ultrawide support. I've also made a thread on each major forum to alert people about the missing 21:9 support. I will continue to campaign through all channels until support is given.

Good luck

Comment

How prevalent are 21:9 displays? As the "standard" resolutions are all 16:9 (1280x720, 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840x2160). Considering that it's been revealed that QB uses upscaling from 720, it seems unlikely that they can pull off the 21:9 without some major rework.

It does seem reasonable that they should be able to pillar-box some black bars on the sides, but I'm sure it's not at the top of their list.

Comment

My monitor has a resolution of 2560x1080, so I would also like to see 21:9 support. If this doesn't get patched in, I probably won't touch the PC version, and just stick with playing the game on my Xbox One. It's strange that such a simple feature could be left out of a PC game these days. I've played older games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Metro: Last Light, Splinter Cell: Blacklist(black bars on each side) and Borderlands 2, which support 2560x1080 resolution. Even a small indie game like H-Hour: World's Elite, which is still an early access game on Steam, supports 2560x1080 resolution. I have to say, that if I'm comparing Scandinavian developers, I have to give props to DICE, which means that the Swedes are out-performing the Finns....not good!
          Last edited by BattleAxe; 04-23-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X