Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Code was redeemed on wrong account

Hello,

​I received my windows 10 code and I was logged into my personal account with xbox gold in the windows 10 store. The redeem code option took me to the website where I was automatically logged into a different windows account. I didn't notice it as I thought I was under my personal account. I redeemed the code, but now I don't have access to the game. I contacted MS support xbox and they have told me to contact the developer.

​Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks

Who's account was it logged into? Wife? Sister?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Who's account was it logged into? Wife? Sister?
      ​It was not my gaming account. I have 2 MS accounts. One I use for work stuff and the other for xbox. The account I redeemed the code doesn't have an xbox live gold account or a gamertag associated with it.

I was logged into the Windows Store under my personal xbox account and when I clicked the redeem code under my account it took me to an account page that only had the input to redeem the code. I didn't know I had to make sure I was under the account that uses my xbox live as I launched the process from being logged into my xbox account in the windows 10 store.

​I'm hoping Remedy can help with this issue.

Comment

Just checking to see if Remedy can help with this situation. The Microsoft Store support was not able to help me with the code.

Comment

I did the exact same thing last night. The code was redeemed on my wife's account. Microsoft also told me to contact the developer. Please help!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler DHo View Post
            I did the exact same thing last night. The code was redeemed on my wife's account. Microsoft also told me to contact the developer. Please help!!!!!
            ​Sorry to hear it man : ) I think we are going to be out of luck unfortunately. I tried going through MS and Xbox support but they couldn't help me.

Comment

Does any one know if some one like me who has an additional PC code can add it in inventory so that I can send it out as a gift to someone later ?

Comment

Working...
              X