No announcement yet.

PSA: Monitor your framerate for Quantum Break and other UWP games using Dxtory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Monitor your framerate for Quantum Break and other UWP games using Dxtory

It's a paid app, but you can launch it indefinitely as a trial version. The framerate counter is accurate. I have used it in Rise of the Tomb Raider Windows Store version.

Site: http://exkode.com/dxtory-downloads-en.html

PS: The reason I am sharing this is cause I believe many people seem to think there are no framerate counters for UWP games, which is false (I myself got to know about this last week). FRAPS hasn't been updated since 2013 for example, so don't hold your breath there.

Dxtory doesn't work with DX12 from what I've seen, only DX11 UWP applications.

You can use PresentMon (https://github.com/GameTechDev/PresentMon/releases), it saves to a csv but will also display fps / frametime in its console window (need 2 monitors to view at same time).

Comment

Originally posted by DracoNB View Post
      Dxtory doesn't work with DX12 from what I've seen, only DX11 UWP applications.
      It sure does work with DX12 games

Comment

Originally posted by Primey View Post

It sure does work with DX12 games

What game does it work with? Can you provide a screenshot? I've tried many and none of them worked.

Edit: Ah, I see they released a newer version on the 8th which claims to have fixed it, would be why it didn't work for me before

ver2.0.134 (2016/04/08)

[FONT=Arial]FIX: Problem of the compatibility of DirectX12.[/FONT]
        [FONT=Arial]MOD: The design of the overlays.[/FONT]

Comment

This is great news I will try this out as I've been wanting to get some accurate reads on fps in this game. I've been able to use the Nvidia Share fps overlay for Gears of War and Killer Instinct but not for QB.

Now just would like them to fix compatibility with Gsync (its annoying having to disable for just 1 game)
          Add a quit button
          Maybe some perf optimizations will know more after accurate bench marks.

From what I heard sli support is off the table, but that's not the end of the world, the Gears devs have done amazing things with optimizing that game, so as QB is playable at a smooth framerate at my chosen res (1440) I'll be happy

Comment

Dxtory worked but after i restored a backup for my PC it stopped working.

Comment

Working...
            X