NVidia Crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVidia Crash

I tried rolling back to the recommended driver, the current driver until today, and the new driver that NVidia released today, and with all of them the game crashes after some minutes. It reads that the video driver crashed and was recovered. I wonder if anyone is having the same problem.

I have an 8 core, 4 GHz, 16 GB RAM and 2 GB video system. NVidia GeForce 750 is the card.

I appreciate the help.

Remedy have commented on the driver crash.
    But, it could be a hard one to fix as it's not a universal issue for all Nvidia users.

For me, I have a EVGA GTX 970. I've played the game on the 362.00 and currently, the 364.72 driver sets. And have had zero issues on both sets. No crashes, no drivers not responding.
    Sorry to say, your 750 could be a partial issue. As it does fall just short of the Minimum supported GPU, which is a 760.
    That's not a definite, but it is a slim possibility.

When you've updated and rolled back your drivers, do you do a clean install? Install them over old drivers? Install them through GeForce Experience?
    Just trying to get an idea of what's going on.

Comment

You forgot to mention that Microsoft is aware of this and it's a memory management issue. Supposedly it's going to be fixed in a Windows 10 update, so be on the lookout for that I guess.

Comment

Seems that this memory leak is mainly affecting cards with low VRAM (~2GB), I have a 2GB GTX960 and the driver crashes like crazy. I guess I was lucky to be able to finish the game despite this.

Comment

I don't have a driver crash, but the game is no more working anyway. I am blocked on a white screen after the first splash screen.
          Too bad, it was still working this week-end, so i guess it's not nVidia related but more Windows Update.
          I have a GTX 980 with 4GB VRAM. So i hope this Windows 10 update is the key.

Comment

That's odd, try to reinstall the game if you can.

Comment

My main problem is that the crash is completely unpredictable. The first time I installed the game I played for a good hour with no problems until the crash, and every time I tried to play it after that it would crash as soon as I start the game. I left the game "rest" for a couple of days and I could play of around an hour an a half and then the crash again. When they released the update I thought maybe the game could be playable, and then I played for around 5 minutes and it crashed again. If it weren't so unpredictable I could be able to play for at least an hour or two before the crash, but sometimes it's just a couple of minutes. It's pretty funny (not funny ha ha, of course) that the game runs without problems with everything set to high. I have some drops in FPS only if I turn on "ambient occlusion", but if I keep it off it runs without problems. I didn't even have any problems before the patch in that area, it's just that it crashes unexpectedly after any random period of time, which is really annoying. I play every single Steam game I have without any problems, always on high or very high settings... this is so discouraging, because I never buy games day one... and I made the exception with this one, because I trust Remedy and I loved Alan Wake, and I spent 60 dollars and I can't play the game... and I don't know if I will be able to play it. If it were a Steam game at least I could get a refund, but not with good old Microsoft.

About the install, when I roll back to the previous driver I did it through the device manager screen and I chose going back to the previous driver. I don't think that changing the way I install or uninstall it will change anything, though. I'm just so mad.

Comment

Update: Now I open the game and after the screen with the two faces I just stare at the white screen... and nothing happens.... once and again. So I think "I'll uninstall and reinstall the game".... and to my shock, that means I have to download the whole thing again which takes HOURS in the Windows store. You can't imagine how disappointed I am with this. I know that without Microsoft we wouldn't have this game, and that they support Remedy a lot, but Microsoft's store and their app system are gaming-cancer. The store works for things like Candy Crush, but then trying to download 40 GB takes 10 times what it takes to download the same from Steam. I am truly disappointed with all of this and I regret having bought the game so early, I really should have waited.

Comment

C_Bernard I'm in the same situation than you. Game load the two face and then a white screen. It seems to be caused by Geforce Expérience settings before after I apply the recommanded setting by geforce expérience. The game don't start anymore. Don't want to dowload 45GB again with my poor 8MB and it take me more than 24h to dowload the game the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestan View Post
                    C_Bernard I'm in the same situation than you. Game load the two face and then a white screen. It seems to be caused by Geforce Expérience settings before after I apply the recommanded setting by geforce expérience. The game don't start anymore. Don't want to dowload 45GB again with my poor 8MB and it take me more than 24h to dowload the game the first time.
                    In my case reinstalling helped the game to start again. It still crashes, but now at least it loads past the main menu.

Comment

I'm happy to announce that after yesterday's Windows 10 update the game stopped crashing! I'm having a lot of fun with the time powers and I'm really intrigued to see where the story goes.

Comment

Originally posted by C_Bernard View Post
                        I'm happy to announce that after yesterday's Windows 10 update the game stopped crashing! I'm having a lot of fun with the time powers and I'm really intrigued to see where the story goes.

What driver version are you running? Still crashes like crazy for me...

Comment

365.19, but in my case what fixed the crashes was the latest Windows Update.

Comment

Do you know which update was it? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X