Stuttering mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering mouse

I have a 980ti and my fps is fine, but when using a mouse to move the camera it's really jerky. If I use a controller it's perfectly smooth which is incredibly annoying as I hate using a controller for shooting games. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Nine times out of ten the culprit is the mouse itself. Are you using a wireless mouse?

Comment

No it's a Logitech G600, it's a good mouse no problems with it in any other game. I've even tried changed the DPI and polling rates to no effect

Comment

Originally posted by xando View Post
        No it's a Logitech G600, it's a good mouse no problems with it in any other game. I've even tried changed the DPI and polling rates to no effect
        I still think you should try to rule out if it's mouse driver or the mous first. If there are no mouse driver updates, Borrow a friend's mouse and see if that had any effect.

Comment

Worth a try I guess, but I'm pretty sure it's the game itself unfortunately

Comment

Yes, Im also having the exact same issue. Stuttery movement while using the mouse, butter smooth with X360 controller. Tried with a razer and a steelseries mouse, with drivers or not, so the issue is definitely not the mouse. Now, what is interesting (and makes no sense to me) is that if Im playing with the mouse and open the Task Manager, the stuttering can easily be identified not only by moving the camera, but also I saw that my CPU usage is 100% all the time (nothing is using extra CPU processing power, PC is clean). That and the FPS (used DXtory to check) fluctuates between 60.50 and 59.50. This tiny fluctuation indicates the stuttering.

Now to the part the makes less sense. If I pause/unpause the game (sometimes once, another times multiple times or alt-tab out of the game and back) I can see immediatly the FPS is now locked at 59.99 at all times, my CPU usage is between 85-95% and the movement is smooth, just as using the controller.

If I stay there in one room for example, running around, using the powers, jumping, shooting or whatever for any ammount of time, it is still smooth. I press to pause the game again, or randomly after moving to a different area of the game (maybe after a cutscene) and bam, the terrible stuttery movement is back, FPS is fluctuating and CPU usage is back at 100% at all times.

I cannot understand why this happens, but thought it might be useful to share my experience.
            Last edited by tioslash; 05-16-2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tioslash View Post
              Yes, Im also having the exact same issue. Stuttery movement while using the mouse, butter smooth with X360 controller. Tried with a razer and a steelseries mouse, with drivers or not, so the issue is definitely not the mouse. Now, what is interesting (and makes no sense to me) is that if Im playing with the mouse and open the Task Manager, the stuttering can easily be identified not only by moving the camera, but also I saw that my CPU usage is 100% all the time (nothing is using extra CPU processing power, PC is clean). That and the FPS (used DXtory to check) fluctuates between 60.50 and 59.50. This tiny fluctuation indicates the stuttering.

Now to the part the makes less sense. If I pause/unpause the game (sometimes once, another times multiple times or alt-tab out of the game and back) I can see immediatly the FPS is now locked at 59.99 at all times, my CPU usage is between 85-95% and the movement is smooth, just as using the controller.

If I stay there in one room for example, running around, using the powers, jumping, shooting or whatever for any ammount of time, it is still smooth. I press to pause the game again, or randomly after moving to a different area of the game (maybe after a cutscene) and bam, the terrible stuttery movement is back, FPS is fluctuating and CPU usage is back at 100% at all times.

I cannot understand why this happens, but thought it might be useful to share my experience.
              I have the exact same problem, even if I play on medium which I heard that should work at 60 fps on my gtx 970

Comment

Originally posted by tioslash View Post

Originally posted by Leg3ndary View Post

I have the exact same problem, even if I play on medium which I heard that should work at 60 fps on my gtx 970
                Hi guys, I've noticed this too, but It has only happened to me since the most recent Windows (UWP) patch. When did you guys start playing? Because this wasn't an issue for me before then, and I'm wondering if that was the cause. The recent patch was on the 10th of May (Ihttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421).

Regardless, the issue is caused by bad frame-pacing; for some reason the frames are being delivered in uneven intervals since the UWP update. Of note is that when locking the frame-rate to 30fps, the stuttering goes away - but 30fps looks bad in a different way.
                Last edited by estudiante; 05-17-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by estudiante View Post

Hi guys, I've noticed this too, but It has only happened to me since the most recent Windows (UWP) patch. When did you guys start playing? Because this wasn't an issue for me before then, and I'm wondering if that was the cause. The recent patch was on the 10th of May (Ihttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421).

Regardless, the issue is caused by bad frame-pacing; for some reason the frames are being delivered in uneven intervals since the UWP update. Of note is that when locking the frame-rate to 30fps, the stuttering goes away - but 30fps looks bad in a different way.
                  I started playing on 13th of May so you may be right

Comment

Working...
                  X