FROM TWITTER: if the CPU is too old, game wont run. You need SSE4.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FROM TWITTER: if the CPU is too old, game wont run. You need SSE4.2

The SSE patch is released, so this thread is outdated.
    Last edited by BillClay; 06-02-2016, 11:36 PM. Reason: Patch released

Remedy replied about this at http://community.remedygames.com/for...-4-2016/page22

Comment

Originally posted by jharle View Post
      Burying progress reports on Page 22 of a thread is not very helpful.
      Last edited by BillClay; 05-16-2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillClay View Post

Burying progress reports on Page 22 of a thread is not very helpful.
        How is that burying anything?
        It's a response to an active thread.

Complain because they don't post. Now complain because they post in a thread normally. Even if they fix the older CPU issue, people will still complain on and on.

Comment

A takes a person with less then average intelligence to understand that the top threads with new posts should be looked into for latest updates/news if any. Alas some dont even have that less then average intelligence.

Comment

I hope anything isn't buried on these forums. We just sent the latest PC patch to certification, but you never know whether it will pass or not, so it's a bit too early to make big announcements about patch release notes (which might change during certification).

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
              A takes a person with less then average intelligence to understand that the top threads with new posts should be looked into for latest updates/news if any. Alas some dont even have that less then average intelligence.

Sorry to upset the fanboys. Update news should be stickied at the top of the page, instead of showing us outdated 3 week old "State of the Game" stickies sitting there now.

Comment

Sorry to upset the fanboys. Update news should be stickied at the top of the page, instead of showing us outdated 3 week old "State of the Game" stickies sitting there now.
                I am not upset and wont even consider myself a fan, the only ones upset are fans who have older CPUs below game spec requirement but have a great sense of entitlement because they can play some other games on their old CPU. The fact that Remedy is even considering and bending backwards to even accomodate such requests, costing them man hours and money to support a processor which is not even originally supported show how considerate Remedy is. It is surprising how such entitled fans are not happy that Remedy is considering their request, and posting updates in active threads and Twiter, there sense of entitlement now dictates Remedy create a new post on everything they are working on. The sense of entitlement is just so amazing.

Comment

I am not upset and wont even consider myself a fan, the only ones upset are fans who have older CPUs below game spec requirement but have a great sense of entitlement because they can play some other games on their old CPU. The fact that Remedy is even considering and bending backwards to even accomodate such requests, costing them man hours and money to support a processor which is not even originally supported show how considerate Remedy is. It is surprising how such entitled fans are not happy that Remedy is considering their request, and posting updates in active threads and Twiter, there sense of entitlement now dictates Remedy create a new post on everything they are working on. The sense of entitlement is just so amazing.
                  Exactly.

The system requirements for the game specifically state that the Minimum requirement is a CPU that is newer then Phenom ii models.
                  Yet, people feel so entitled because they bought a game, even though their hardware did not meet the minimum requirements... that it's Remedy's fault their PC's can't play it.

And, I love how people keep making comparisons.
                  "Oh... Konami released an update for MGSV to fix a CPU compatibility issue." Oh, Konami, you mean that publisher with massive resources and the ability to put tons of people behind their largest, and for the most part... only release. Okay.
                  Yeah... makes sense to make such a comparison. I mean, it's not like MS doesn't have tons of projects in the works, and not like Remedy isn't a small, independent studio, completely lacking the resources and abilities that Konami has.

Or... "Gears UE has been updated all the time!". Ahh, yeah. That makes sense. Because, we should definitely compare these two.
                  Remedy, a smaller studio then The Coalition, released Quantum Break on PC and Xbone at the same time. That's exactly the same to how The Coalition released Gears UE last year on Xbone and this year on PC.
                  Not like The Coalition have more time to devote to the PC version as they aren't trying to bug fix and update the Xbone version at the same time.

Comment

I am not upset and wont even consider myself a fan
                    Anyone who spends so much time being an apologist for a company's defective product is either a fanboy or a plant. At least a plant gets paid, a fanboy is just sad.

Comment

Anyone who spends so much time being an apologist for a company's defective product is either a fanboy or a plant. At least a plant gets paid, a fanboy is just sad.
                      Because that is the absolute only possibility available, right? No.

And sorry, but you don't sticky something at the top of the forum just because. Stickies should be saved for when there is something official to announce. When the update gets released, what the official changelog is.
                      Them commenting that they hope to have an update out... is not an official statement. And I haven't seen any developer who throws out sticky threads every time they comment.

Comment

I am apologist, are you out of your mind ? And company's defective product ! Most of the complaints for game start up failure are from people who didn't check for the system requirements and once they bought the game and found out that their processor is below most minimum specs, started mouthing the developer with their sense of self entitlement that ots the developers fault. And some other group ran into problem with the game after Windows update, again that is Microsoft's fault, not Remedy's. Of course this is something that your chicken brain can not decode, so better start blaming the developer, and any one who points out the fact as fact. There is little point in trying to make sense with a person who is not even smart enough to check the new threads at the top of a forum for latest news because he is so full of himself and his sense of self entitlement.

Comment

I am apologist, are you out of your mind ? And company's defective product ! Most of the complaints for game start up failure are from people who didn't check for the system requirements and once they bought the game and found out that their processor is below most minimum specs, started mouthing the developer with their sense of self entitlement that ots the developers fault. And some other group ran into problem with the game after Windows update, again that is Microsoft's fault, not Remedy's. Of course this is something that your chicken brain can not decode, so better start blaming the developer, and any one who points out the fact as fact. There is little point in trying to make sense with a person who is not even smart enough to check the new threads at the top of a forum for latest news because he is so full of himself and his sense of self entitlement.

You are the textbook definition of a fanboy, being served garbage for a meal and choking it down while asking for more.

Quantum Break's technical problems have been savaged by the professional gaming press. Only 2 out 9 magazines rated it as a "buy" recommendation, with the majority describing it as "a trainwreck" and "the new Arkham Knight". Reviewers with brand new systems have stated that Quantum Break is crippled with technical problems. Some reviewers have even speculated about why a well known developer like Remedy would have released such a broken game.

It's one of the lowest rated games of all the new major titles, but cheerleaders like you want to blame everyone except the developer for the game breaking problems and the glacial pace of patches to correct those problems. Thanks to sycophants like you, the game will be dead and forgotten by the time it's properly patched and finally working like it should have at release. Keep waving those pom poms, fanboy.

Comment

Setting all of that "fanboy" nonsense aside, there still seem to be many people who feel their old processors should be fine for this game, and are demanding the devs fix it. When I pointed out in another thread that one said processor was *eight years* old, the OP came back with more nonsense about "perceived value," whatever that means. I still have an 80286 machine in my closet that I bought in 1991, and my "perceived value" of that thing is, well, priceless; but I'm not expecting anyone to support modern games on it.

Comment

There was no reason to exclude a whole class of processors by using an instruction set that _no one_ else in the gaming industry uses. If my processor can handle the new Doom on high settings than it could easily handle the less technically demanding Quantum Break. Doom, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, The Division etc. all play without a hitch or crash. Quantum Break's problems are self-inflicted due to programming decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X