X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Break Title Update 1.6.2016

Windows 10 Title Update 3
    • Support for disabling V-sync which will allow users to take advantage of G-Sync or FreeSync
    • Fixed an issue with game controllers not working correctly on some configurations
    • General fixes
    • In response to requests from fans, we have removed SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3 limitation, which will enable “Quantum Break” on Windows 10 to run on unsupported, below minimum spec hardware. However, Quantum Break is not designed to run on older or unsupported hardware, and we strongly encourage you ensure your PC meets the necessary system requirements before purchasing or playing “Quantum Break” on Windows 10

There is typo, we are in June, not May.
    Anyway, are you guys planning to do further optimizations in order to make the game run better? 39 fps on a gtx1080@1080p without upscaling is quite a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by sertopico View Post
      There is typo, we are in June, not May.
      Anyway, are you guys planning to do further optimizations in order to make the game run better? 39 fps on a gtx1080@1080p without upscaling is quite a disappointment.
      The time egg is seriously clogged You should google what happens in Finland during May first, no wonder people can't remember anything after that.

And to answer your question: we'll continue to look into new hardware and figure out how to optimize. To my knowledge we don't have the new GTX series in the house yet, but I sure would love one for my work PC.

Edit: We have tested it on GTX1080 and the performance was fine in test environment. Are you trying to run it with all settings maxed out except resolution?

Comment

My CPU supports upto SSE 4.1 and the only thing that has changed from the game crashing at startup is that it displays a pop up now. It still doesn't start.

As I read from another post made by a Remedy employee on this forum, there is no actual support added for 'older' cpu's.

It's kind of disappointing. When I originally bought the game, I clearly read a statement by one of your employees that CPU's with SSE 4.1 were supported, only later to read another statement by another employee that you needed at least SSE 4.2. That was of course AFTER I bought the game. I'm saying this because I can imagine other people now reading these new update notes and buying the game, only to find out later that the game still doesn't run.

I can understand if this would've happened once... But twice? There must be either a serious lack of communication or those are Shenanigans in order to boost sales, even if it means selling to people that can't actually run the thing and then saying... 'Oh, you should've checked the minimum requirements'.

Maybe it's just a communication error and 'older' CPU instructions actually will get supported in the future. If so, it should be made clear and not having one employee say this while another says the opposite.

Comment

This took nearly a month ? Really hope those "general fixes" will improve the performance.

Comment

I'm highly disappointed there's still no 21:9 support, hoping the next patch will introduce this?

​ I'm waiting for it before my 2nd play through on the pc version.

Comment

Remedy, the patch only works for Phenom. Please, when you know it, add support Core 2 Quad and Xeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                [*]In response to requests from fans, we have removed SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3 limitation, which will enable “Quantum Break” on Windows 10 to run on unsupported, below minimum spec hardware. However, Quantum Break is not designed to run on older or unsupported hardware, and we strongly encourage you ensure your PC meets the necessary system requirements before purchasing or playing “Quantum Break” on Windows 10[/LIST]
                It's still not working on Intel SSE 4.1 processors, giving a "POPCNT instruction" error box. As far as minimum specs go, I appreciate the caution but I'm already running other new demanding games on High to Ultra settings. My computer could handle Quantum Break easily if you would remove this artificial limitation.
                Last edited by BillClay; 06-01-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane54 View Post
                  This took nearly a month ? Really hope those "general fixes" will improve the performance.

I wouldn't hold my breath-they haven't really optimized anything since launch. It took them almost a month to issue gsync/freesync update. Maybe in a month or two we might get an optimization patch....or not.

Comment

Remedy why you so hate Intel quad processor? His performance better then Phenom

Comment

I prophesy. Remedy say completely reinstall the game, Remedy say clean the monitor, then they will say, reinstall Windows 10. Finally, after months of silence, they recognize that the game does not work on Intel.

Comment

Is the achievement broken is repair ?

Comment

Funny how they post update notes and then ignore the questions surrounding it. I give up on this game, I'd be surprised if I ever get to even run it. Oh well, lesson learned I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauri View Post

The time egg is seriously clogged You should google what happens in Finland during May first, no wonder people can't remember anything after that.

And to answer your question: we'll continue to look into new hardware and figure out how to optimize. To my knowledge we don't have the new GTX series in the house yet, but I sure would love one for my work PC.

Edit: We have tested it on GTX1080 and the performance was fine in test environment. Are you trying to run it with all settings maxed out except resolution?
                            Haha, same here in Berlin.

Thanks for answering and thanks of course for the patch. Personally I own a OC'ed 980 Ti but there's a guy on youtube -quite trustoworthy in my opinion- who tested it on a 1080 and got about 6 fps more if compared to a 980 Ti, with everything maxed out and upscaling disabled. Just have a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyeSWceptY8 and also here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-me8HuxYJXU , running with the latest patch. The swimming pool level is a fps killer, achieving about 35 fps on that res with such a powerful GPU baffles me. In any case, I hope you'll be able to make it run even better, this game should be remembered for its beauty, not for its technical issues.

Comment

I give up. The game running like a shit with a gtx 970, even at medium setting I cannot achieve a smooth 60 fps experience. I will play the game in this awful state. I can't even monitoring the FPS, I still don't know why. A simple patch required one month, and not optimization at all. I can't believe all of this from the team behind Alan Wake and Max Payne. Such a disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X