Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the motion blur off toggle btw ?

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      Windows 10 Title Update 3
      • Support for disabling V-sync which will allow users to take advantage of G-Sync or FreeSync
      • Fixed an issue with game controllers not working correctly on some configurations
      • General fixes
      • In response to requests from fans, we have removed SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3 limitation, which will enable “Quantum Break” on Windows 10 to run on unsupported, below minimum spec hardware. However, Quantum Break is not designed to run on older or unsupported hardware, and we strongly encourage you ensure your PC meets the necessary system requirements before purchasing or playing “Quantum Break” on Windows 10

Guys I am having so much trouble trying to play this game!! And I am not one of those winny "Cant get my super perfect 60fps 4K expirience guy". I am using a GTX680 a more than capable card pair with a i52500 and my game just crashes all the time. I have checked using MSI afterburner that when this happens is because the 2GB card is getting choked up eating up 2100mb at least, and this at medium settings!! With upscaling on... YOU GUYS HAVE A VIDEO MEMORY PROBLEM Not even the Witcher 3 at high settings uses this much VRAM, it uses around 1.2GB.

This is the problem guys, this is it, and you guys probably know it and should admit it, and try fixing it.
      Last edited by nashismox; 06-09-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nashismox View Post

Guys I am having so much trouble trying to play this game!! And I am not one of those winny "Cant get my super perfect 60fps 4K expirience guy". I am using a GTX680 a more than capable card pair with a i52500 and my game just crashes all the time. I have checked using MSI afterburner that when this happens is because the 2GB card is getting choked up eating up 2100mb at least, and this at medium settings!! With upscaling on... YOU GUYS HAVE A VIDEO MEMORY PROBLEM Not even the Witcher 3 at high settings uses this much VRAM, it uses around 1.2GB.

This is the problem guys, this is it, and you guys probably know it and should admit it, and try fixing it.
        You'll have to lower the texture resolution. I have a GTX780 ACX SC (3GB) and if I set the texture resolution any higher than medium I will start getting crashes and severe stuttering after long play session. This game is not a fan of 2GB cards.

Comment

Thats right. You need more VRAM. I played with a mix of medium and high but I have a 4GB GTX 670, and did not run into much problem what so ever. This is a very powerful and demainding game, the Crysis of this year. You really need top hardware to get anywhere close to getting the best out of this game, and if you do have that level of hardware, you get an swesome jawdropping looking game as shown below, otherwise you would have to make some compromise, like I did.

Comment

Jawdropping.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
              Thats right. You need more VRAM. I played with a mix of medium and high but I have a 4GB GTX 670, and did not run into much problem what so ever. This is a very powerful and demainding game, the Crysis of this year. You really need top hardware to get anywhere close to getting the best out of this game, and if you do have that level of hardware, you get an swesome jawdropping looking game as shown below, otherwise you would have to make some compromise, like I did.

Mmm, that's fine but I cannot magically turn my 2GB card into a 4gb one, which is unfair cause this card can handle the game just fine powerwise. This is ridiculous nonetheless, cause if I choose the miserable medium setting still chokes de 2GB card, which is unacceptable! Have you seen the sky at medium settings? The moon looks like taken out of a Dreamcast game, it looks horrendous, and because of UWP we cannot Tweak the game around for better performance.

This game just sucks.

Comment

More AA options please!!! MSAA = crap.

Comment

Well I got it yesterday and man this game looks so washed out even at ultra/max settings. I see my Titan X struggling on a mere 1440p (my rig has 32GB ram) if turned off that dynamic res thing...so had to turn it on to settle for more washed out blurry look in order to make the framerate smooth. What engine does this game use? Please don't use it for Alan Wake 2

Comment

Will we EVER get the option to download the episodes on PC? Going on the 4th playthrough of the game on PC, and the episodes NEVER load up, Xbox app is running in the background with my profile logged in, 150Mb/s connection, and I always get the error and have to skip them. If you are not going to solve the connection issue then simply let us download the episodes on the hard drive, how hard can it be??

@UP:
                    Turn the Volumetric Lightning down to Medium, it looks the same as High/Ultra but saves up A LOT of performance. Same for turning off AA - NO visual difference but a lot of performance gains (up to 15FPS). If even this isn't enough then tone down both Shadows options, Geometry Detail and Textures from Ultra to High - all of those also don't differ from Ultra but combined can save up another 10-15FPS.

Comment

It's because disabling AA disables the 4xMSAA Remedy put in, but there is still temporal AA being used.

Comment

Originally posted by Zywy View Post
                        Will we EVER get the option to download the episodes on PC? Going on the 4th playthrough of the game on PC, and the episodes NEVER load up, Xbox app is running in the background with my profile logged in, 150Mb/s connection, and I always get the error and have to skip them. If you are not going to solve the connection issue then simply let us download the episodes on the hard drive, how hard can it be??
                        Waiting for this as well. Game itself runs fine, episodes are choppy. Please let us download them.

Comment

Why remedy ??!! Why you don"t want to remove the sse limitation for intel users , why keep ignoring us ??!! Why??!!!!?!??!?!!

Comment

Hi,

I have a Phenom II x6 1090t and the game refuses to launch from steam.

Apparently my processor supports SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and SSE4a.... so I guess I have thrown away my money buying the game? I will never be able to play it? I have a new GTX1060 and I have just finished Witcher 3 with its two expansions with this same processor... solid 60fps with high settings, beautiful graphics in a open world game.... and I cannot even make Quantum Break to launch? I have seen videos of this processor used with Battlefield 1, 1080p 60Hz no problem with a 1GTX070.. and it's a newer and more demanding game than Quantum Break.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeTsBDYYx3E

I would accept reduced performance.. but the game not launching at all? and I had to investigate why, because the game does not tell you if you are using unsupported hardware

I understand there are technical issues more complicated than I can comprehend.. but I don't really care.. for a consumer's standpoint this is ridiculous. Not a consumer friendly practice at all.. I have been a Remady fan since the first Max Payne but this has completely changed my mind about your company.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                            X