Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remedy, where is the performance patch for the UWP version???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy, where is the performance patch for the UWP version???

Remedy,

what is going on with this version of your game? We, who bought the game when it was released are getting screwed because you can't be bothered to fix your mess of a port here, is that it? How come the Steam version of the game yields 30-40% better performance than this one? Are we even going to get any performance improvement patches here or you got our money already so you going to ignore us like you have been doing for the last 3 months???

If you don't want to fix your mess here-give us a key to the Steam version so we can use what we paid for in a first place! I am very disappointed in you Remedy! I will never purchase anything from you ever again! I have been a long time fan and supporter ( Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Max Payne 3, Alan Wake...) but this is a deal breaker. Instead of you fixing your turd of a PC port for all the people who supported you at launch, you decided to screw with us instead.

Either fix this POS port or give us a free Steam key, so we can enjoy the game we paid for 6+ months ago!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA
    Last edited by Pecone; 09-30-2016, 06:24 PM.

I believe they have washed their hands with the UWP version.

I have a 980ti and the performance is awful. Personally I feel we should be given Steam keys so we can finally play this game.

I haven't managed to get past the 3rd level yet.

Comment

I believe the staff has said that new updates are still coming for the Windows Store version

Comment

Originally posted by WarmedxMints View Post
        I believe they have washed their hands with the UWP version.

I have a 980ti and the performance is awful. Personally I feel we should be given Steam keys so we can finally play this game.

I haven't managed to get past the 3rd level yet.
        I know! I have gtx1080 and is still unplayable. This is the steam version performance btw-not a huge improvement over this one here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTgfnZnHzVM

I think I will give up! They don't care and they cannot make it better-it is a broken PC port.

Comment

I just looked at the video you linked of the Steam version. All settings were set to ultra at 1440p, with the upscaling turned off. Maybe it was a side effect of the capture but the gameplay looked pretty smooth to me and the visuals looked crisper than the Xbox One version.
          Last edited by Maniac; 09-30-2016, 10:05 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            I believe the staff has said that new updates are still coming for the Windows Store version
            And when is this update coming then?

Comment

Hello? Anybody from Remedy here? Any update for Windows Store version? DX11 implementation maybe? Or some huge discount for buying the game on Steam? I wanna play this game once again but now on ultra details with glorious 60 fps on my 1070.

Comment

I dont think 60 fps on GTX 1070 is possible at 1440p or higher. Even Titan X Pascal manages only 50 FPS on 1440p. The reason is this game uses global illumination which is very taxing. But at 1080p you do get 60fps on ultra most of the time on the Steam version, on DX12 version it is about 10 fps less on avg accorsding to my own test as I do have a GTX 1070 myself. I do agree though something needs to be done to increase the perfomance of the DX12 version to match the DX11 version.

Comment

From Steam:
                  Will you be providing a free Steam key for those who already own the game in the Windows Store?
                  No, players who are interested in picking up the Steam version of the game must make their purchase through Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Hextor View Post
                    From Steam:
                    Will you be providing a free Steam key for those who already own the game in the Windows Store?
                    No, players who are interested in picking up the Steam version of the game must make their purchase through Steam.
                    Of course they would say that-that was the whole point-to make money from the PC players on Steam, since the whole PC port on UWP was a big flop. I know I am not going to give one more penny to this developer ever! I am done with Remedy. They have done absolutely nothing to resolve the issues on the UWP version of the game. Just empty promises.

Comment

So, the UWP performance patch then...

Comment

Don't expect anything louder than silence.

Comment

So I guess this it it for the UWP version of the game...no response from Remedy, just silence....well done Remedy, well done. Thank you for screwing over your devoted fans. I will never purchase another Remedy game.

Comment

It's appalling really.

Comment

It's the last time I accept a game for free because a mate got this on Xbox One and didn't need the code.

Comment

Working...
                              X