Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "CPU Features Missing" Issue

i have this error in steam version “CPU Features Missing
    Your CPU does not support all the required features. To continue, a CPU with the additional features is required:
    -POPCNT instruction” any fix for this

for quantum break

Comment

The solution is to get a newer generation CPU. I suspect you are using an old one.

It sucks but there it is. Don't expect any updates or support for this title. They took our money and ran.

Comment

why remedy has removed SSE limitation for CPUs AMD and not for intel?

Comment

Because the two manufacturers designed their chips slightly differently

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            Because the two manufacturers designed their chips slightly differently
            Maniac , there is no excuse in my opinion for Remedy's behaviour on this issue. I agree that programming code needed POPCOUNT but that I guess this was due to the fact that Remedy ported the game using latest cpu's generation in the first place. If the programming team had worked on previous generations of cpus or at least take them into account, we wouldn't have had this issue now. It's overstated I think to conclude that POPCOUNT is indeed needed, that would mean....."without it, the game's engine fails....". How come only QB and MGS (Konami fixed it later) have this issue?
            And please don't push the system req forward. Many games on the market have as min. req. current gen cpus and these work fine on core2quads. I want to play QB on my core2quad pc and apparently I won't have this chance. This is bad for Remedy's public image. QB is a great game, I know because I've finished the campaign but who cares about that if not many people get to enjoy it?It should be played not kept on the shelf.
            About the upgrade, I did some math earlier and my answer is no, I won't upgrade since for that i would need around 400$ (new mobo, ddr4 and at least a quad-core I5). And for what?My q9550 @3,4Ghz (super stable o/c)&8 gb ddr2-800 handles all current gen games just perfectly (tested with Mafia3, Rise of the tomb raider, Doom, ME Catalyst).
            Remedy should come to their senses and fix this. It's bad for the company's public image.

Comment

Originally posted by catalin32 View Post

Maniac , there is no excuse in my opinion for Remedy's behaviour on this issue. I agree that programming code needed POPCOUNT but that I guess this was due to the fact that Remedy ported the game using latest cpu's generation in the first place. If the programming team had worked on previous generations of cpus or at least take them into account, we wouldn't have had this issue now. It's overstated I think to conclude that POPCOUNT is indeed needed, that would mean....."without it, the game's engine fails....". How come only QB and MGS (Konami fixed it later) have this issue?
              And please don't push the system req forward. Many games on the market have as min. req. current gen cpus and these work fine on core2quads. I want to play QB on my core2quad pc and apparently I won't have this chance. This is bad for Remedy's public image. QB is a great game, I know because I've finished the campaign but who cares about that if not many people get to enjoy it?It should be played not kept on the shelf.
              About the upgrade, I did some math earlier and my answer is no, I won't upgrade since for that i would need around 400$ (new mobo, ddr4 and at least a quad-core I5). And for what?My q9550 @3,4Ghz (super stable o/c)&8 gb ddr2-800 handles all current gen games just perfectly (tested with Mafia3, Rise of the tomb raider, Doom, ME Catalyst).
              Remedy should come to their senses and fix this. It's bad for the company's public image.
              I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Quantum Break, and thank you for your interest in playing it on another system.

I tried to give a conclusive reply on this matter over at the Steam community forums. So to quote myself:

PC was added as a platform in the middle of Quantum Break's development, as mentioned by Phil Spencer in an interview. Due to this the system requirements are more modern than usual.

I understand it can be frustrating when owners of 8+ years old CPUs can't test the game performance themselves. Based on QA reports such hardware doesn't produce a playable experience.

The instruction set missing from Intel Core 2 CPUs is used in Quantum Break's renderer, and currently there are no plans of rewriting it.

Comment

Lauri , I can agree with many issues but this particular issue I find too offensive for us (core2quads owners) and I quote from your statement: "The instruction set missing from Intel Core 2 CPUs is used in Quantum Break's renderer, and currently there are no plans of rewriting it".
                In my opinions, plans should be in place to rewrite this non-sense (my opinion). Current games on the market plays just great on core2quads, is Quantum Break so advanced that my core2quad in conjunction with my 8 gb ddr2 and my radeon R9 290 with 4gb vram can't handle it? I don't think so. I don't know why you insist on keeping this requirement. Do you need a special budget for that to happen?Can such a humble request from us gamers be so expensive that you avoid doing it?
                People should enjoy the game and not everyone upgrade their systems regurlarly, especially when they perform well.

Update 10/25/2016: Remedy, even AMD have addressed this POPCNT issue and removed the limitation on their latest radeon drivers, it's written on the "fixed issues" section from Release Notes of software version 16.10.2
                Last edited by catalin32; 10-25-2016, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X