• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Break Steam update 25.10.2016

Release notes:
    • Optimized ambient occlusion effect loading for common resolutions
    • Fixed optimized spotlight shader path
    Known issues & troubleshooting
    We're continuing to investigate reported startup crashes and live action playback issues. Players have also reported that the following steps might help:
    • Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements (i.e. Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x) listed on the game's store page.
    • Install the latest display drivers. AMD Radeon here and NVIDIA GeForce here.
    • Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. The game checks this and installs it only during the first startup, so make sure you have the correct version installed.
    • Make sure to close all background applications when watching the live-action episodes. The in-game video player is CPU-heavy, so other applications e.g. video capture software might cause issues.
    • Closing all antivirus software (including Windows Defender) while playing might help with crash issues.

Are the same updates also made for the Windows 10 version ?

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
      I believe it is! It's his personal account but Thomas Puha (Head of Communications at Remedy) mentioned on Twitter that the latest Steam update (25th October) was for things which the Windows 10 version of the game already had.
      The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Win 10 version is a turd and they know it...they haven't addressed the absence of updates for it, because they are no longer supporting it...they don't care. They took our money and that's all it matters to them.

Comment

It's unfortunate that Remedy hasn't done anything to remove the POPCNT limitation. I guess this issue is among the last of this kind on the IT market since other stakeholders that made this mistake, did something and removed it in the end. Konami did first with MGS and then AMD, removing this limitation by releasing a new version of Crimson drivers for their radeons gpus recently (16.10.2 I guess and it's written loud and clear on "Release Notes - Fixed issues" section, I quote: "DirectX®12 content may be unable to launch on some older CPUs that do not support popcnt instruction").
          What do we understand from this?First, AMD thought older cpus are able to run DX12 content (i.e.games) and second, AMD CARES about its customers.This is unfortunately not the case with you , Remedy.
          I don't know Remedy what's wrong to you, why do you keep insisting on keeping this limitation? If other did that, it means it can be removed.
          ps: sorry admins for double post,i don't know how to erase the other one from 1.6. 2016 update section

Comment

• Jaden
            Jaden commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately I don't have anything to add to make the situation you have with the POPCNT limitation easier, although I wish I could. I just wanted to post in relation to your final sentence, just for clarity. As you've requested that the other comment be removed, I've soft deleted it. That means that it's hidden from the visitors and members but the admins and moderators can restore it for you if you want, or if you or someone wants to refer back to it at any point. (Also thanks for the PS! It's not a problem to fix when that happens but it's cool of you to consider that when you were posting ^_^ )

sadly, up to now, no change from Remedy concerning POPCOUNT issue. This is sad! I guess Remedy is the only developer who decided to leave this issue as it is! Everybody came up with updates/fixes/patches, everyone except Remedy. This is sad, this will be in my opinion remembered as a black spot on the company's public resume.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
            Maybe can you help? I have the problem after the last steam update with new chat, in the OS background, the system is checking log files of Steam 24/7. Have found the solution here https://dmarket.com/blog/steam-update/, but it doesn't help completely

Comment

Working...
            X