Convert Saves from Windows/MS Store QB for Timeless Edition on Steam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Saves from Windows/MS Store QB for Timeless Edition on Steam

I've already grabbed the save files from the Windows Store / Microsoft Store Version of Quantum Break and decrypted them too; while having been sure to add them to the directory for Quantum Break that the Steam version uses; however all of the save files for the Windows Store / Microsoft Store Version are " .raw " files along with a " meta.info " file.

Have done a first run of the Steam version, and the only save file it made was in a completely different formate called " slot_1 ". Also looked at this files as " .txt " files in notepad, and they're definitely using different formats to maintain the place in the game through the save files because they've got nothing in common.

BTW; Definitely prefer the Steam version, and it I ran a check after having added " -dx12 " to the shortcut itself for Quantum Break and " Additional Commands " in Steam as well. Quantum Break is using DX12 features because it is working fine with SLI, and all 12 cores of my CPU without any problems, and those are all DX12 functions. Just an FYI for people that think they'll be stuck with DX11 from using Steam for Quantum Break. I only know this works on my hardware configuration, and not everyone uses a 12 core Xeon, but I like RAM, so 128GB's for me was a must for modern computing, and that meant Xeon and a workstation motherboard. Anyway, runs well for those interested in DX12 for Quantum Break through Steam.

Looking to " convert " the existing save data from the Windows Store / Microsoft Store Version ( the " .raw " and " meta.info " files ) for use with the Steam version of Quantum Break. I can't find anything online in spite of searching for about an hour from anyone that may have attempted this, so I have to ask any pointers?

P.S. Starting over might not be such a bad thing because I really do enjoy Quantum Break, but I'd prefer not to start totally over if at all possible to keep the power ups, New Game+ (I didn't finish the last level... yet, so don't actually if there's a New Game+, but I think I read somewhere there was), etc.

• JaedenRuiner
    replied
    Originally posted by Unverschamter View Post
    I've already grabbed the save files from the Windows Store / Microsoft Store Version of Quantum Break and decrypted them too; while having been sure to add them to the directory for Quantum Break that the Steam version uses; however all of the save files for the Windows Store / Microsoft Store Version are " .raw " files along with a " meta.info " file.
    Ah, i am currently not looking to reacquire the game in Steam, since I already bought it once. However, the concept of "replayability" is i think an individual opinion, and I like sometimes playing games from scratch, from the beginning as if they'd never been played. I am well aware of the "Timeline feature" but I don't want redo levels at my current ability, i want replay the game clean.

Unfortunately, Remedy has not figured out this little thing called "multiple save games". I get that within one "Profile" things can only be played once, but starting a "New Game" should not completely toast your progress entirely. Reading your post it appears you may have an answer to my solution.

Now, i'm on a new laptop, with the power to play the game on "Ultra" level graphics, and wanted to replay the game, but without losing my current "save". However, I can't find it anywhere. I've looked in the AppData, and I've looked in WindowsApps (yes, even doing the lovely security ownership shifteroo) but nothing that says, "Save Games Here".
    But it seems you have at least located the saves and was hoping you could point me to them. This way I could "back up" my current save game, start a "new game" (destorying the old progress) but could then restore the original when ever I wanted to.

Any help would be most appreciative.

Thanks
    Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Leave a comment:

• Unverschamter
    replied
    Nevermind, finished the game via the Timeless Edition version on Steam; however now wondering if there are any variances of the cutscene at the end of the credits depending on decisions that were made. Hmmmmm!?

P.S. I'm all too aware Microsoft was not exactly honorable in how they're handling the Alan Wake & Quantum Break IP's, but Remedy's team should be able to lay down some sort of mandate towards Microsoft along the lines of, "Hey, we were planning on continuing these stories, but if you're not going to do anything with them, then why would you insist on keeping the rights to our IP?" Bottom line, publishing is a bit complicated when working with developers ( a.k.a. symbolically as "writers" ) between two different companies, and the "originators" of an IP do have certain rights that cannot be waived under contract in both the EU and the United States. Something to bear in mind if Remedy decides to put up a fight about continuing these great stories. Remember, Remedy is needed by Microsoft as a fantastic developer as opposed to Remedy actually needing Microsoft. At some point, the question of the worthiness of maintaining a relationship with Microsoft must be called into question under such inappropriately limiting circumstances.

Best to All with Hope for Continuing Stories of Alan Wake & Quantum Break.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X