X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zekotay
    started a topic Game breaking bug on Xbox One

Game breaking bug on Xbox One

Hello, I am on Act 2, Part 3 the Bradbury Swimming Pool and I have encountered a game breaking bug. From the main menu, I select Continue, then the loading screen starts. During the loading screen, I get an error that says "File IO Failure" then it continues saying "File IO Failure: readfilefailed, error code 487, filename unknown".

I am unable to continue past this error. It give me an option to "Retry" or "Exit" and neither button does anything. I tried going through the "Timeline" menu and restarting the save at the Bradbury swimming pool and the same thing happens, except the same error occurs when the game is going through the "previously on Quantum Break" section. Has anyone found a solution to this?
    ​Is my save file corrupted or something? I don't want to restart the entire game only to encounter the same bug at the same point in the game.

• haarithm
    replied
    any updates on this?

i had the same error. i tried reinstall but the error came again but on different Act.

Leave a comment:

• Zekotay
    replied
    Has anyone else experienced this "File IO Failure" error?

Leave a comment:

• Zekotay
    replied
    Just sucks having to restart the games progress. I may wait for my Windows 10 key and finish it on my PC

Leave a comment:

• Zekotay
    replied
    So I restarted the game from the previous chapter and it loaded in fine. I was able to complete it, but at the exact same point in the game I got the same error message. I'm thinking I need to do a clean install of the game in order to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• arugula
    replied
    Originally posted by Zekotay View Post
    I called them and he told me to delete all the saved data on my Xbox One HDD for every game I own... What an idiot. Quantum Break is the only game effected by this, why would I delete all my saved game progress for every game?
    MSFT Xbox support at its finest. Its a cloud based issue and there will most likely be a patch soon to resolve any issues. Crossplay is still new and probably some bugs need to get worked out.

Leave a comment:

• Zekotay
    replied
    I called them and he told me to delete all the saved data on my Xbox One HDD for every game I own... What an idiot. Quantum Break is the only game effected by this, why would I delete all my saved game progress for every game?

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Call Xbox support immediatly

Leave a comment:

• Zekotay
    replied
    It is listed in the Windows 10 FAQ, my issue is on the Xbox One version of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    File IO error is listed in the Stickied FAQ

"t's an issue caused by having a Unicode based user account. We're working on fixing it ASAP"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X