Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Remedy gonna fix the Quantum Break save file issue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Remedy gonna fix the Quantum Break save file issue?

Or am I just gonna have to be forced to start a new game, and beat it in one sitting, since no one really knows when the save file becomes undetected.

I have the same problem, i was in Act. 4 part 3. when i turn off the Xbox One, when i start to play the game say me NEW GAME.

Comment

Quick questions for clarification. 1. What platforms are you playing on?

2. How and when are you quitting the games?

Comment

I have the same problem, it happen twice

Comment

First I turned my game off but the next time I quit the game and it still did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            Quick questions for clarification. 1. What platforms are you playing on?

2. How and when are you quitting the games?

I quit the game at the start of act 3 with xbox button, and platform is ofcourse Xbox. I came back in 2 hours and started the game. Game tryied to synchronize game files, it failed. Now all I can do is start a new game.

Im starting to think it got something to do with the 75 gb offline tv show. Other people have been reporting this bug after the download or at the end of the download, same thing happened to me. Offline tv show download breaks save files? Anyone else had these problems around that download?
            Last edited by Gimble; 04-09-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I've got the same issue. I made it to the last boss last night on hard and turned off my xbox. Today I woke up and "continue" doesn't appear on the main screen.

Comment

Are you turning off your systems mid gameplay or from the menu? Are you quitting your games (by switching to another one or quitting from the Xbox OS) while the game is still running or are you in the main menu when ending your game? Are you connected to Xbox live while playing? Are you playing on external USB 3 hard drives?

Any of that information would be useful

Comment

I was on the dashboard, game was paused and connected to xbox live with the game installed on an external HD. This whole issue could be avoided if Developers allowed more than one save file per profile. Remember the days of multiple save slots? I miss those days.

Comment

Are any of you also playing the PC version using the same ms account as your Xbox live profile?

Comment

Maniac, people who bought the game on XB1 will receive the W10 code in the 7-10 days after the launch.

Comment

Save game issues are terrifying! I have not had problems myself. Still act 5 to go and I hope the save is there.

I have offline episodes. I always have quitted the game at the start of junction moment. I have quitted to the game menu, and then turned of the Xbox. I'm connected to live and game runs from external hard drive.
                        My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          Are you turning off your systems mid gameplay or from the menu? Are you quitting your games (by switching to another one or quitting from the Xbox OS) while the game is still running or are you in the main menu when ending your game? Are you connected to Xbox live while playing? Are you playing on external USB 3 hard drives?

Any of that information would be useful

Always connected to LIVE.
                          Game is on external hard drive.
                          Few seconds after the save icon dissapear pause game, then xbox button -> menu button -> close. That's way I was always quitting the game.

Happened to me in act 5 part 2 :/

Comment

Hello There, I am having the same "save file becomes undetected" issue at Act 4 Part 1. I am always connected to Xbox LIVE. The game is on external USB 3.0 hard drive. I did NOT download the 75GB+ offline TV show. I quit out of the game this way: 1. Wait for save icon to disappear 2. In-game pause and select Return to main menu 3. While at main menu I still can see the 'Continue Act 4 Part 1' 4. Dashboard 5. Xbox menu button and select quit I tried to force re-sync of cloud save to back to local console and it worked. However, game still does not recognize save. So, I am forced to start new game. Well, do I have to play through Act 4 and Act 5 on one run as a workaround? Thanks.

Comment

Same issue here. I finished Act 3, moved on to Act 4, Part 1. I quit the game by first going to the menu and then using the Xbox button. When I returned an hour later, I only had the new game option. My game and the episode pack are installed on my main Xbone hard drive. If I resync my saves, it still does not appear. The issue has been ongoing for several days. I am afraid to start a new game out of concern for more save game data loss. At this rate, I will never finish this game, and I am tempted to request a refund if the issue is not fixed.

Edit: I am also connected to Xbox Live at all times.

Comment

Working...
                              X