Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna hear something funny? The SSE 4.1 problem who affects Quantum Break had been suffered before in another game, that game was Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain.

Kojima Productions created a post asking for feedback from consumers:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700...3983048669457/

And in less than 24 hours had created a patch beta that it solved the error of the SSE 4.1 instructions:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/28770...4088382530730/

Isn't it funny?

PD: Sorry for my english if I misspelled something . English isn't my mother tongue.
    Last edited by Linpel; 04-25-2016, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasRMD View Post

Microsoft handles the streaming and the show in general and so I dont have more to say about that.
      This is understandable, but there's really no one at Microsoft to contact about this. The support chat isn't equipped to answer anything specific about this game; I was told to try not streaming the episodes and see if that fixed it as though I am on Xbox and not PC. Then I was told support is only given through the chat channel I was on.

I don't care specifically about downloading the episodes. I'm just curious if something is being done about the choppy frame rate for the live action scenes. The game itself runs great, but I have to watch the episodes at 10-20 fps on a wired 100/20 mbps connection. Allowing us to download them seems an easy fix, but maybe it's something else entirely.

Thanks for reading.

My original post about this: http://community.remedygames.com/for...-download-them
      Hello All, I'm just curious if this is widespread. The game itself runs fine for me, but the live action scenes are running at a terribly slow frame rate (maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasRMD View Post
        About staying silent...when we are on working stuff, there is not a lot say but that we are working on the issues. Pointless for me to repeat that every day. Also, issues are often much more complicated than they seem, so it takes days and sometimes weeks to repro them and figure them out.
        do you know if,with the patch, will there be new Nvidia drivers for better perfrformance?

Comment

• We most likely won't see another driver update from Nvidia until around May 13th. When Doom releases.
          They tend to time their driver releases along side big name game releases. Unless they are attempting to fix issues in current driver sets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightfall31 View Post
            I don't care specifically about downloading the episodes. I'm just curious if something is being done about the choppy frame rate for the live action scenes. The game itself runs great, but I have to watch the episodes at 10-20 fps on a wired 100/20 mbps connection. Allowing us to download them seems an easy fix, but maybe it's something else entirely.
            Streaming has nothing to do with it. You have very good Internet parameters, which are more than enough.
            I have 10/1 Mbit/s connection and no issue with streaming on XONE.

Comment

• It's an issue with MS's servers.
              Doesn't matter how good your internet is, unless MS do something to improve their hosting of the episodes... they will remain choppy while streaming for PC users.

Comment

• May be you need to kind of codecs istalled on your PC to watch the videos with choppy frames. Also use a bandwidth meter to see if the download streaming is indeed choppy while you are watching the videos.

Comment

• It seems that nobody play with settings and that all peopla take for granted what eurogamer and digita foundry said is 100% true. That site is completely bias toward the competition. First, if you uses nvidia settings, and contrary to almost all writes and references, this is the first game from the windows store that you can tweak with the nvidia settings. Change the vsync to adaptative and the frame rate runs at 60 and over 60. I have a 980ti an can guarantee that the frame rate is not lock to 5/6 of the monitor refresh rate.

Comment

• Remedy itself stated there are problems with framerate and frame pacing and that it's gonna be fixed. Right in the first page. The only way to partially avoid that issue is having a monitor which supports refresh rates higher than 60 Hz. Besides with adaptive Vsync, due to the strong fps variations, you get screen tearing which looks quite bad imo.

Comment

• Title Update 2 for the Xbox One is now live. The notes are listed below.

We will add this post into the main post of this thread in the morning when I get to the office. 1am in Finland now.

Xbox One Title Update 2

Act Fixes/Updates
                      • Act 1 Part 1: Fixed a rare instance of taxi being missing from the intro cinematic
                      • Act 1 Part 2: Fixed assets disappearing if players backtrack
                      • Act 1 Part 2: Fixed an issue where players could not kill the guard in the parking lot
                      • Act 1 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
                      • Act 1: Fixed overlapping audio in opening cinematic
                      • Act 2 Part 1: Fixed Nick pathing issues
                      • Act 2 Part 1: You can no longer get underneath the puzzle at the security station
                      • Act 2 Part 2: First Chronon source renders properly
                      • Act 2 Part 3: Added collision on time machine corridor to prevent player’s accidentally falling to their death
                      • Act 2 Part 3: Fixed backtracking issues where some parts could unload
                      • Act 2 Part 3: Fixed rare NPC issues where Amy or Nick could be killed or block the door
                      • Junction 3: Fixed Hatch being hidden if the user skips a future vision too quickly
                      • Junction 4: Fixed flickering environment outside office building
                      • Act 5: Fixed last subtitle going by too quickly to read
                      • Act 5: Fixed missing line in Portuguese audio in a cinematic

General Fixes/Updates
                      • Fixed issue where ambient sounds disappeared when mashing buttons during a cinematic
                      • Removed unnecessary loading screens showing up
                      • Updated credits
                      • World no longer visibly unloads after Jack lets Beth and NPC into the Swimming Pool front door
                      • Amy no longer remains still and without pathing towards gate in train yard
                      • Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
                      • Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
                      • Fix for blinking lights, where flares would blink excessively bright after resuming from suspend mode
                      • Fixes for making Xbox Live integration more fault-tolerant
                      • Remedy logo fix*
                      • Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
                      • Fix for some TV screens sometimes showing a really grainy image
                      • Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
                      • Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
                      • Fixed two rare instances of stalls when loading
                      • Fixed a rare crash with the video texture system
                      • Fixed crash in download menu when switching profiles
                      • Fixed "Waiting for install to complete" text not being localized when changing the language
                      • Game/story/collectible progress hero stats no longer display incorrectly when player has less than a percent of progress
                      • Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress

Comment

• Thanks for the early morning update Thomas! Much appreciated.

Comment

• No pc update?

Comment

• Probably tomorrow or maybe Friday. If the update is already out on the Xbox that's a good sign. We'll get a changelog when the PC update is live.

Comment

• Hi Guys, I hope you have an update soon but I want to mention that I have a Phenom FX-4300 processor and it have all the SSEX instructions, (please check it here: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldo...20FX-4300.html ) and Quantum Break doesn't work anyway, is closing the windows before start. Hope you can fix that.

Comment

• Yes, the Xbone patch coming out is a good sign.
                                I would say we should be able to expect the PC version soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X