Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rendering issue in the biggest issue with Quantum Break in PC. Because it is upscaled from lower resolution, the image is always hazy. Here is a quick example. As you can see, the rendering must be done in native resolution. If performance is an issue, please make it an option in the Graphics menu like the upcoming film grain toggle so that an end user can choose whether he wants temporal upscaling for perfomance or native resolution like Rainbow Six Siege

Comment

Thank you for the status. BTW I'll play the game when frame pacing and the annoying fps cap below the refresh rate that makes the game choppy... 57fps cap on 60hz isn't the best actually.

Comment

Honestly, I'm just blown away at how absolutely pathetic this port is and it seriously makes me sick to see the way Microsoft has attempted to come back into the pc gaming arena. Every aaa game they've published on their store to date has been a complete mess and quantum break is just another sideshow to add to this.

How in the name of God could they think that forcing vsync, forcing a boldness window, not allowing overlays, no access to the files, no executable etc etc could be a good idea. The people who choose to game on pc over console do so for the reasons that it's a much more open platform with many choices and Microsoft just want to go against everything it's stood for.

I am sick to my stomach that I actually paid for this game. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that remedy was not aware of all of these problems before they launched the game. Which means they knowingly released a subpar product and just said screw it.

Comment

Remedy was paid by Microsoft to make the game and so they did. Microsoft is also the publisher in this case and they decided to release the game in UWP Win 10 Store only. Not Remedy's fault and Remedy has no control over how the game is released, ti is decided by the publisher, in this case Microsoft. It is up to Microsoft to fix the UWP Win 10 Store issues. What Remedy can do is
          1. Allow users to toggle off temporal upscaling
          2. Allow user to turn off film grain which they said they will do
          3. Allow multi GPU support, which at present they acknowledged they cant do as it needs to much work.

Comment

Originally posted by MitcHELLspawn View Post
            no executable
            To be fair, there actually is an executable. It just can't be launched outside the QB UWA.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBunny77 View Post
              *cut*
              Wow that image is an absolute fair comparison between all the games. Like how every character is exactly in a similar position, INGAME, from the same distance taken, not ZOOMED IN, without bias. You must be speaking the truth.

Oh wait, here's the actual ingame footage: Click image for larger version

Name:	UnfairComparison.gif
Views:	1
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	261630

Burn?
              Last edited by Drhank; 04-13-2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

C'mon remedy, I payed a lot for this game on Xbox one, you should give us the chance to remove the film grain as well, if you don't you will not be a trustworthy games company anymore, I bought Quantum Break, only because of Alan Wake, and I'm sad with the graphics with that film grain, plus fix that paul serene hair its horrible.

Comment

GameBunny77 might have made an unfair comparison but it doesn't make him (or her) any less right.

Comment

Originally posted by Drhank View Post

Wow that image is an absolute fair comparison between all the games. Like how every character is exactly in a similar position, INGAME, from the same distance taken, not ZOOMED IN, without bias. You must be speaking the truth.

Oh wait, here's the actual ingame footage: [ATTACH=CONFIG]n261630[/ATTACH]

Burn?

You don't even keep aspect ratio in first two.
                    You try to argue that render method in PC QB is a good choice ?
                    I set on a front of my 24' monitor and what i see in QB in case of resolution and sharpness compared to Doom3,UT3 nad C3 reflects this image Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2804.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	261642
                    even though it isn't exactly same position of character and distance.
                    Last edited by Qamok; 04-13-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Regardless of whether it is a good or bad choice, it's important that we communicate we only ask to be able to have that choice..

Some will want to play upscaled for better performance. Others will want to play at native resolution for better visuals.

Comment

I really miss MarkusRMD .. We could talk technical with him and he'd hear and respond to our suggestions. That Remedy account that wrote the OP is okay for making an announcement, but will it get to actually converse with us, or will it serve posting announcements only?

Comment

Is there expected time when this update goes live on Win 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Qamok View Post
                            *zip*
                            You honestly think it's a fair comparison between that crysis 3 screen and the quantum break, where it's clearly from a distance?

But I should've put in my reply that I do agree with the rendering being a big problem (I forgot to write that), I just think your comparison image was super-silly. A close up image of the Crysis 3 guy vs a zoomed in at distance view of Will? Lol

Edit: To clarify, I think your comparison image most of all made it look like QB's graphics are uber-bad, when they're not. If you wanted to show how bad the rendering problem was, you should've put images comparing the rendering process ingame. NOT compare quantum break with other games.
                            Last edited by Drhank; 04-13-2016, 04:32 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I bought the game on day #1, but the horrible framerate, the ugly film grain effects and that image downgrade you call "temporal reconstruction" you forced on us is just not acceptable...
                              Allow us to change the rendering resolution otherwise your publisher should allow people to get a refund for this (if somebody knows how to get this with that stupid store please share).
                              I can't stand the blurry low-end look of this game if I wanted to play it on 720p I would buy an Xbox one not a PC that costs twice as more.

It may be a great game, but in it's current technical state it DOES NOT WORTH 70€€ not even the half of it in my opinion...
                              Last edited by Kane54; 04-13-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

For the Xbox One, I still havn't started a new game. Must I consider my original save lost, or will I gain acces again to it after the next update? I don't want to start a new game unless I have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X