The worst example of customer service: no reaction to our savegame problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst example of customer service: no reaction to our savegame problem

I'm facing the same widespread problem that was articulated so many times in this forum by now: I lost my savegame after completing chapter 4. The ideal solution is the restore of my original savegame. Starting a new game would be unconvinient - especially because you never know when your savegame will be erased again. It's very annoying getting to the conclusion that investing so much of my sparsely available freetime to get all the achievements and collectables was such a waste of time.

Considering that most of your customers spent around 60 - 70 EUR without getting any reponse to questions that were adressed directly to you is an absolutely inappropriate way of dealing with your cusomers.

• Stammy
    replied
    From other thread: "Added 28.4.2016: Rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress have been fixed in the Xbox One version title update released 27.4.2016. If you've encountered the issue before the update, the lost progress can't be restored even though the Xbox One manager shows an existing savegame."

Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Lyzarr
    replied
    I demand a clear response from the devs - are you working on a solution to bring back our games states (saves)?
    Are you able to do that?
    Is there anything we can do about that other than beginning a new game?

Answer this finally!!!

Leave a comment:

• ShoBriz
    replied
    I highly doubt they'll be able to restore saves, or else they would've said something by now. I haven't played since a week after the game came out.

Leave a comment:

• Lyzarr
    replied
    And still the game doesn't let me continue.
    What the heck are you going to do about that?
    What about some info on that matter?

Leave a comment:

• Marxcam
    replied
    Unfortunately it happened to me to lose the game savegame to about eighty percent, nearing the end in practice. I am very angry especially because I'm terrified of starting a new game and happen again losing everything. Remedy please try to recover save. Sorry for my poor english. Have a nice Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• ShoBriz
    replied
    I tried hitting New Game the first time it happened to me. It just copied over my save and started a new game. I haven't done it again this time though. Still waiting on a fix. Not playing until they do

Leave a comment:

• Stormblessed
    replied
    Originally posted by Lyzarr View Post
    Oh wow - I preorded this game over 2 years ago. Played from day one, have finished it up to 94% on hard difficulty, and then two days ago, when I wanted to pick up fro there, it didn't let me continue.
    I've played some very buggy and awful games (worst one so far regarding bugs has been Dragon Age 2) but QB tops them all with this one.

My savegame file is still there when I check my installed stuff, so freakin' do something about that ridicules BUG - FAST.

By the way, here (see last posting: https://www.reddit.com/r/quantumbrea..._anyone_know/?) someone just hit new game and the game just loaded his last chapter.
    Anyone else tried this?

The last posting in that reddit thread is actually just a guy being sarcastic.
    [FONT=verdana][–]dfg89 1 point 2 days ago [/FONT]
    Just powered up my xbox-- new game. And I had just gotten to Act 5. Yay!

He's saying he was on Act 5, powered up his console, and the only option is "new game". "Yay!" is just him being sarcastic. That's my interpretation at least.

I would avoid clicking New Game, unless you for sure want to start over. The game only has one save file, so starting a new game will for sure remove any possibility of recovery, unless they can recover through xbox cloud save somehow.

So yeah, unfortunately, no solution to the problem yet. Hopefully there's more news on it this upcoming work week.

Leave a comment:

• Lyzarr
    replied
    Oh wow - I preorded this game over 2 years ago. Played from day one, have finished it up to 94% on hard difficulty, and then two days ago, when I wanted to pick up fro there, it didn't let me continue.
    I've played some very buggy and awful games (worst one so far regarding bugs has been Dragon Age 2) but QB tops them all with this one.

My savegame file is still there when I check my installed stuff, so freakin' do something about that ridicules BUG - FAST.

By the way, here (see last posting: https://www.reddit.com/r/quantumbrea..._anyone_know/?) someone just hit new game and the game just loaded his last chapter.
    Anyone else tried this?

Leave a comment:

• Stormblessed
    replied
    Originally posted by Lauri View Post
    The Quantum Break status update addresses the savegame issue, my deepest apologies if this hasn't been noticed.

We've been trying to reproduce the missing savegame bug on our end with no success so far, meaning that creating a bulletproof fix is a challenge. There are changes in the upcoming title update that hopefully resolve this issue for most players.
    It might not be possible, seeing as how this issue is on console rather than on PC, but is there a way for us to send logfiles or our potentially corrupted saves your way? Maybe that would help expedite the process of reproducing the issue.

Either way, thank you for responding. Having a serious bug and getting ignored is much worse than having the same serious bug but knowing people are looking into it.

Leave a comment:

• QuantumFailure
    replied
    I noticed your statement about working on a "Cloud save issue". Since this is a broad term it needs an explanation of your understanding of the details of this issue. Your statement doesn't make clear whether you have noticed that the game erases the savegame itself and whether you are working on this specific problem.

​It also doesn't make clear what's your targeted solution. Maybe you might have noticed from the vast amount of postings in this Forum that People hesitate to start a new game because they still hope that there is a possibility to restore their erased savegames. Therefore I don't understand why you are not referring to specific questions of your customers:

- Is it possible to restore savegames that seem to be erased from the game itself?
    - If this is not possible: can you integrate a chapter selection to avoid starting the game all over again? Alternatively: can you integrate "cheats" which allow us to skip chapters and Level up the skills without the "chronon sources"?

Like it was said already: People paid the full Price of the game to enjoy it without limitations on the release day. Since this is game is so Buggy that this is not possible there are People that would have waited a few weeks till the Price of this game is reduced by half or even more to enjoy it without any Bugs. In the retrospective this would have been the more wise decision. Since i bough the disc-Version of this game it's not possible for me anymore - but owners of the digital-Version seem to have this possibility. So "ShameOnYou"s tip about getting full refund is a clever way to save Money and to adress a noticeable reaction to the poor Performance of your product and Service.

Regularly Software testers get Money from developers. Obviously we have to pay our Money, time and nerves to you for testing your Buggy Software.

Leave a comment:

• Lauri
    replied
    The Quantum Break status update addresses the savegame issue, my deepest apologies if this hasn't been noticed.

Cloud Save Issue on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    Cloud save issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break have been resolved with the March update (Windows 10 Version 10586.164, 64-bit only). To avoid any issues, please switch Microsoft accounts before signing in to the Xbox app and/or check Windows Update to ensure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10.

We are aware of this issue on Xbox One and are working to address it in a future update. To avoid any issues, please quit the game before turning off your console.
    We've been trying to reproduce the missing savegame bug on our end with no success so far, meaning that creating a bulletproof fix is a challenge. There are changes in the upcoming title update that hopefully resolve this issue for most players.

Leave a comment:

• ShameOnYou
    replied
    Check out my last post in this thread:

http://community.remedygames.com/for...who-s-to-blame

To sum it up, basically if you feel cheated call or chat with your local Microsoft Support and ask for a refund for Quantum Break, they might say that there are no refunds and all purchases are final and if they do then inform them that Microsoft grants 1 refund per account, they will agree that you are right and then help you through the process and you will recieve your money back in 3-4 days.

Best regards,
    Angry Swede

Leave a comment:

• LordXaero
    replied
    Yea. I got to play the game for a total of three times before my save file wouldn't show up. Got to Act 3, and the game has been sitting on my shelf since then. I forgot how the story was going. Something about spending $65 on a game that I can't enjoy? I dunno.

Leave a comment:

• Stormblessed
    replied
    I agree as well. Honestly I'd just like an acknowledgment that the error or errors we've ran into are being looked into. They mentioned something about cross-saves and cloud saves in their update post, but it didn't actually address if they were looking into save-games being inaccessible, corrupted, or deleted. I mean, save-game issues are about as game-breaking as bugs can get, so it should be much higher priority in my opinion than placating a very loud minority of people that can't stand 720p on a 1080 monitor or a blur behind moving objects due to temporal reconstruction (which is actually in the theme of the game).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X